Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (56 Viewers)

Johnnythespider

It's the small changes. What counts as not being able to work from home? Currently we've shut our public facing side but, if we're encouraged to go back, does that mean we should?
Didn't he say you should, if you can't work from home you should go to work, that's how i heard it anyway.

fernandopartridge

The alert scale; 5 is the worst so we're at 4 (we wouldn't want to be realistic about where we really are). There isn't any method to speak of behind the scales anyway by the sounds of it...

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

So just to put this into perspective. We’re more in the shit than Italy and Spain having never locked down as toughly as them and we’re now going to relax our lockdown further still. What could possibly go wrong.

SeaSeeEffCee

They are fully reopening secondary schools on the 18th, and most hospitality from 1st June. Not had even 10 deaths on a given day and just 3,000 cases overall.

We have one of the largest economies in the world and the benefit of being an island but are worse than anywhere on the continent despite what Grendel or his mate at the Mail claim
Why do you hate Britain mate? Rule Britannia

David O'Day

The alert scale; 5 is the worst so we're at 4 (we wouldn't want to be realistic about where we really are). There isn't any method to speak of behind the scales anyway by the sounds of it...

The only reason we aren't at 5 is they have made 5 so bad it's when there are so many deaths the nhs collapses

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

It's like a nightmare episode of the apprentice where the task is to manage the country through a pandemic and a load of entitled twats with an over inflated belief in their own ability make an absolute hash of it while patting themselves on the back.

Tommo1993

It’s easy to say we’re around “covid level 3/4”. Still plenty of time and possibility to get worse.

skyblue1991

Should've kept the 'stay at home' instead of 'stay alert'. I still don't know what that means.

Also its great that people are encouraged to go back to work and go outdoors more as long as social distancing measures are in place. What about those wanting to see friends, families and partners not in the same household? Without stating the obvious (particularly where partners are concerned!) does that mean that this can only happen outdoors and 2m apart?

Astute

I just don't get why he didn't say ok, more of the same for a bit, here's the plan for better times if you stick to it.
I am amazed how many people can't understand what our shutdown is all about.

But then I read this thread and see that there certainly is a lack of understanding. Is it a lack of understanding or just point scoring?

Exercise. Short travel only allowed. Can't people read?

Work. Only if safe to do so. Work from home if you can. Employers must put a plan in place.

I thought he explained it well. 5 stages. We are 4 and lowering towards 3. As the stage lowers we get more freedom. If it goes higher we get restricted again. Why is this so difficult to understand?

So here you go point scorers. Fill yer boots.

Astute

The quicker and stricter you lockdown, the quicker you can go back to normal life.

That seems to be beyond the comprehension levels of this government though.
I said we were nowhere near strict enough. Many on here had a gi at me fir saying so. But thise whi had a go at me for saying so now have a go at Boris fir nit being strict enough.

But yeah......

clint van damme

I am amazed how many people can't understand what our shutdown is all about.

But then I read this thread and see that there certainly is a lack of understanding. Is it a lack of understanding or just point scoring?

Exercise. Short travel only allowed. Can't people read?

Work. Only if safe to do so. Work from home if you can. Employers must put a plan in place.

I thought he explained it well. 5 stages. We are 4 and lowering towards 3. As the stage lowers we get more freedom. If it goes higher we get restricted again. Why is this so difficult to understand?

So here you go point scorers. Fill yer boots.

I can go out tomorrow, drive to Skeggy, spend the day on the beach, but I can't visit my daughter who lives round the corner. It's fucking nonsense.

hill83

I said we were nowhere near strict enough. Many on here had a gi at me fir saying so. But thise whi had a go at me for saying so now have a go at Boris fir nit being strict enough.

But yeah......

0_RAB-C-series-10-pics-by-Alan-Peebles.jpg

RegTheDonk

Right, it may not be as clear as everyone wants, but it’s still on the edge of simple. Anyone flouting rules like they have been doing, claiming it’s too vague and open to interpretation, is deliberately being thick.
Hopefully it'll be a bit clearer once there's some questioning in the commons. However, one message that came across was flouting the social distancing - he did say there would be stiffer fines. Again, maybe that will be ironed out in due course, but definately needs some kind of punishment that the police are going to enforce this time, as there are some taking the piss and we'll never get this R rate right down until these idiots start to behave.

Astute

I can go out tomorrow, drive to Skeggy, spend the day on the beach, but I can't visit my daughter who lives round the corner. It's fucking nonsense.
So where do you live? If not near Skeggy you are totally wrong. And you can't go on the beach.

Don't you know what you are and are not allowed to do?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I actually thought his speech was ok, mostly the part about not getting too complacent.

I was kind of tuning in like it was another disappointing transfer deadline day and none of the questions I wanted answered really got covered.

Can I see any friends and family any time soon?
Can I watch the football?
Can I go and visit a friend in Brussels in end of June? (Was gonna drive there)
Can I go on a stag do in the middle of June to Budapest?

Yes I know he won't have all the answers but I thought I might be able to at least cross one thing off the list.

Anyone that can help me with any of the above is greatly appreciated. Other than people that cannot work from home going back to work, it didn't seem like much else was actually said.

clint van damme

So where do you live? If not near Skeggy you are totally wrong. And you can't go on the beach.

Don't you know what you are and are not allowed to do?

'People in England can travel to other destination'
Is Skeggy isn't one then the message isn't clear is it?

robbiekeane

Weird. Felt sick second week of March and had a few of the symptoms as did the girl I am seeing (I was at her house all week and staying in the same bed and we were sick together).

She went for the antibody test last week and got her results on Friday and was positive. So I went and got mine done and just got results saying negative.

Really weird no? How accurate are these tests

Users who are viewing this thread