Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (44 Viewers)

Grendel

But Boris laaaaaddd innit.... #bantz

Mr starmer seems very keen to get an exit strategy and get the economy moving again more then Mr Johnson

chiefdave

Conservatives didn't seem so concerned about misleading information being online during the election campaign. In fact I seem to recall it was them creating it.
MPs expressed frustration at a lack of answers from social media firms when they grilled them this morning about misinformation spreading online during the pandemic.

The Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Sub-committee heard from representatives of Twitter, Facebook and Google about what they were doing to tackle misleading and harmful content on their platforms.

Grendel

Didn't see todays update but after weeks of being told masks are pointless and all the other countries where mask wearing is occurring wasting their time they're now talking about bringing it in here?

The WHO say they are pointless don’t they?

CCFCSteve

New Zealand!

South Korea have been phenomenal. Their tech trace and track (together with other measures) has helped them keep a lid on it (to date)

New Zealand have done great but not really comparable. 4m population and if you’ve ever been to South Island you can drive for an hour and not see another car on the road ! Also not really an international hub compared to major European/Asian countries so far easier to control/quarantine incoming travellers etc.

What I can’t get my head around is that Germany appeared to get it under control, started lockdown release and then it sounds like spread picked up again quite quickly. How come that’s happened there and not SK so far ? SK must surely be implementing measures over and above what Europe is taking ? (Especially as they are operating without full lockdown).

shmmeee

South Korea have been phenomenal. Their tech trace and track (together with other measures) has helped them keep a lid on it (to date)

New Zealand have done great but not really comparable. 4m population and if you’ve ever been to South Island you can drive for an hour and not see another car on the road ! Also not really an international hub compared to major European/Asian countries so far easier to control/quarantine incoming travellers etc.

What I can’t get my head around is that Germany appeared to get it under control, started lockdown release and then it sounds like spread picked up again quite quickly. How come that’s happened there and not SK so far ? SK must surely be implementing measures over and above what Europe is taking ? (Especially as they are operating without full lockdown).

Im assuming Germany don’t have the invasive contract tracking tech SK do? They tend to be a lot hotter on data protection. Birthing the Stazi will do that to a country.

clint van damme

But If population density is a factor the why have Hong Kong done so well?
Highly populous country (administrative region) people living on top of each other but locked down harsh and early and very few deaths.

shmmeee

But If population density is a factor the why have Hong Kong done so well?
Highly populous country (administrative region) people living on top of each other but locked down harsh and early and very few deaths.

Id like to see correlation with authoritarian societies if such a measure exists. Like countries where people follow rules easily or are forced to.

David O'Day

The german medical people were are now saying they overestimated there r rate and it is less than 1 still

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Id like to see correlation with authoritarian societies if such a measure exists. Like countries where people follow rules easily or are forced to.

And I'd be intersted to see something similar regarding compulsory mask wearing.
There are so many variables and methods of collecting data I really take my hat off to anyone who can give a coherent picture of all this.

Users who are viewing this thread