Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (8 Viewers)

Woodster

Wonder if this will start to put some pressure back onto the government to ramp up social isolation now. Football is a powerful thing.

Nick

Administrator
Wonder if this will start to put some pressure back onto the government to ramp up social isolation now. Football is a powerful thing.

That's it, hide everybody from it and then send everybody back out in 3 weeks to catch it.

Nick

Administrator
The Accrington chairman is really being a bit of a dick about it. They have nothing at all to play for this season so if the season is fucked up it's meaningless.

Pretty sure if they were due to gain millions per year he would be more bothered.

Nick

Administrator

How is this going to work if games are cancelled rather than postponed? What happens to the season?

jordan210

If the season we just started would be easy to cancel. Surely with the amount of games played and data available we should be finishing this season. By playing or other means

theferret

The Accrington chairman is really being a bit of a dick about it. They have nothing at all to play for this season so if the season is fucked up it's meaningless.

Pretty sure if they were due to gain millions per year he would be more bothered.

That's the issue I have. Not only is it contrary to the advice, it's the way people are dressing this up as 'health is more important, look at me, I'm so compassionate'. It isn't grounded in logic, at lot of it is pure self-interest or indifference to things that might have profound consequences for others.

shmmeee

Got to say as gutted as I am as a City fan, and I’d rather they went to behind closed doors, I do think it’s probably the right decision.

Reactions: TTG

Grendel

National league meanwhile carries on

David O'Day

He's a knob

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

That's the issue I have. Not only is it contrary to the advice, it's the way people are dressing this up as 'health is more important, look at me, I'm so compassionate'. It isn't grounded in logic, at lot of it is pure self-interest or indifference to things that might have profound consequences for others.
Is bishop still injured?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

Exactly, I am not naive enough to see how people will try and engineer this for their own benefit.

If they were looking to go down and lose millions, they will want the season to be stopped.

Have a look at this

Pure scaremongering.

Users who are viewing this thread