Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (13 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

What's better for my health and wellbeing? To do what I'm advised to do, and pay heed, or to have myself alternately spooked by the sensationalism that all my family and friends are going to die a long, lingering, painful death, and enraged with the suggestion that somehow I don't care, and I'll have it all coming to me.

These threads are getting ludicrous and pathetic. It's time I removed myself for my own health and wellbeing, as the only thing going on is people personalising it, and somehow making it a competition over who's the most compassionate.
giphy.gif

Grendel

What's better for my health and wellbeing? To do what I'm advised to do, and pay heed, or to have myself alternately spooked by the sensationalism that all my family and friends are going to die a long, lingering, painful death, and enraged with the suggestion that somehow I don't care, and I'll have it all coming to me.

These threads are getting ludicrous and pathetic. It's time I removed myself for my own health and wellbeing, as the only thing going on is people personalising it, and somehow making it a competition over who's the most compassionate.

The hysteria is totally insane

theferret

I don't read anything Piers Morgan says, I am surprised that you do, but there you go. You need to widen your sphere of reading and see whats happening.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek to be fair. Piers Morgan is very hard to avoid on Twitter, whether you follow him or not, and he is becoming completely unhinged on the issue.

Nick

Administrator

You remove yourself and go and kill some OAPs while you are at it. ;)

CCFCSteve

I get Herd immunity, but given that we don’t know whats going to happen with this virus regarding mutation etc.

fucking stupid, but I guess it’s a way of social engineering

This herd immunity is in a wider context. As I mentioned earlier I think it’s as much accepting the peak over the summer months when we can cope better, rather then suppressing and then risking it coming back in autumn/start of winter.

massive calls being made obviously and nobody will know which are correct until the whole things done with, which could be months away by the sounds of it

theferret

So our next game, in the best case scenario, will now be Peterborough at home, unless they re-shuffle the fixtures. This is before the suggested peak though, so I expect they'll be a further delay.

Liquid Gold

It won't. This season wont be completed unless

a) its behind closed doors
b) it's allowed to go on well into the summer, maybe even autumn.
I think they will end up doing it behind closed doors with the players isolated, play 2/3 times a week and you're finished. Once players and staff are all clear and you play behind closed doors playing three times a week you'd be done in three weeks.

theferret

While I'm more than happy for CCFC to keep what money they have from me, I am kind of hoping I get the £100 I spent on Accrington tickets back. Along with the £600 I've spent on tickets for the Euros. Being self-employed and having had 2 jobs already cancel, it looks like I'm royally screwed. I might need this :nailbiting:

edgy

Exactly, what happens on the 4 Apr when it's even worse?

The suspension get extended, again and again.

Honestly what rational thinking (knowing teams are self isolating with every sneeze) suggests this season can be finished without playing behind closed doors?

Otis

Honestly what rational thinking (knowing teams are self isolating with every sneeze) suggests this season can be finished without playing behind closed doors?
Sounds to me, like you say, Edgy, suspension and then things will be worse and it will have to be behind closed doors.

Nick

Administrator

Exactly, they will just have to keep doing it. It seems there is no real plan in place for it.

They would have been better off changing tomorrow to behind closed doors, then it's 1 game out of the way.

When it gets even worse, the chance of playing behind closed doors lessens.

Users who are viewing this thread