Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (6 Viewers)

PVA

I don't think there will be anymore football played this season, I think it's done and dusted now.

Now they just have to decide whether to void the leagues or come up with something else.

Whichever way they go, there will surely be lots of legal action taken by clubs.

But it's not really good optics trying to sue for loss of earnings or whatever while people are dying.

Marty

Also, what's going to happen with contracts? lets say they restart the season in September, we'll lose our loan players, teams can strengthen/weaken, could Walsh and O'Hare sign for Oxford for example and play against us, in a game originally they play for us?

End the season now, top 3 up bottom 3 down.

usskyblue

I could see voiding being an option if we were quarter, or even half way through the season...but not 3 quarters in. Too much of the season has been played and teams at the top are there on merit.

The choices should be;

Freeze it, no relegation
Pools panel
PPG awarded for the remaining games.

Ring Of Steel

Funny you say it, the calls for this are starting to increase

I can see why people will make it their aim to push for this.

I am at an absolute loss to understand any possible rationale in cancelling as opposed to devising a way to close out the season based on games so far & another method.

What is the thinking behind writing it all off? Its not as if we're three games in.

PVA

Why now? In a month it will be even worse.

Lets end the fucking world and never leave the house.

Yes it will be worse in a month.

So by doing it now they're trying to limit how bad 'worse' will be.

It makes perfect sense to do it now, it was the only option they had.

SkyBlueAussie

We're screwed...we've all sort of knew in the back of our minds for the last week or so...But we've become resilient bastards over the years and there's not much that luck can throw at us nowadays. We have become immune...we move on and we win next year in style.

Ring Of Steel

It needed to be done now though.

It'll just be cancelled now I'm sure, can't see any more games being played.

If it needed to be done why didn't the 'experts' recommend it last night? All they said was wash your hands and don't go in a cruise if you're sick, and its a fact that outdoor events are nowhere near as risky as indoor- now there is mass confusion with major events being called off. One hand doesn't have a clue what the other is doing, its a complete shambles.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It really does not though.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

BrisbaneBronco

I could see voiding being an option if we were quarter, or even half way through the season...but not 3 quarters in. Too much of the season has been played and teams at the top are there on merit.

The choices should be;

Freeze it, no relegation
Pools panel
PPG awarded for the remaining games.
Agree. No way this season will be voided . Its 75pct complete and the league ladders don't lie.
Here in Australia the NRL season has just started. One week in and they are playing all future games behind closed doors until further notice.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If, as we all hope, it's decided to promote and relegate as per where teams are right now, would the team that finishes third go up automatically as well ?

theferret

Thank god a decision has been reached! This was a horrible post to follow. it's bad enough having read through the legal experts on here and the accountancy experts(OSB excluded) but the medical crap spouted on here has been epic.
Time is now the only thing that matters. If this virus continues next season is irrelevant.

And which 'medical crap' are you subscribing to? I take it you're dismissing the advice from leading experts based in the UK? Fine, but I doubt your position is any more grounded in scientific certainty than the rest of us.

Next season will be relevant, because life will go on. The consequences for many families will be terrible, but we're talking about a virus with a CFR of around 0.75-1%. It won't decimate humanity. Life will go on and they'll be football next season.

Tommo1993

We're screwed...we've all sort of knew in the back of our minds for the last week or so...But we've become resilient bastards over the years and there's not much that luck can throw at us nowadays. We have become immune...we move on and we win next year in style.

Couldn’t live with that. Knowing our luck, we’d do pants and get relegated to L2 when we should’ve been in the championship!

edgy

Nah mate. Nailed on 17th next season. There's no way we can match this season again. We're Cov remember.

Ring Of Steel

And which 'medical crap' are you subscribing to? I take it you're dismissing the advice from leading experts based in the UK? Fine, but I doubt your position is any more grounded in scientific certainty than the rest of us.

Next season will be relevant, because life will go on. The consequences for many families will be terrible, but we're talking about a virus with a CFR of around 0.75-1%. It won't decimate humanity. Life will go on and they'll be football next season.

Drop it- you will find as many 'experts' saying the opposite as you will agreeing, if you just choose to look.

Anyway leave all that stuff to the other board I'd suggest,

Monners

It won't lessen it though if the aim is to keep people away from it.
It will flatten the peak according to the experts. Has been been proven to work effectively in Thailand and S Korea. It doesn’t mean that the numbers infected would differ, just that the health services won’t have to try and manage a sharp increase

There doesn’t seem to be any consistency in a strategy though. Which the Government is now being criticised for.

Users who are viewing this thread