Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (64 Viewers)

covcity4life

Zelda is this guy I think...
491b28142ce5f45215254864e9671f89.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Thqbs ganondorf

Zelda is the princess

Grendel

Couldn’t agree more. No way is driving a bus a critical role. Death in one of our offices and I feel the same about those taking calls. They should be able to work at home

It’s critical as it supplies transport for critical workers

fernandopartridge

Couldn’t agree more. No way is driving a bus a critical role. Death in one of our offices and I feel the same about those taking calls. They should be able to work at home

The problem is that it is a critical role, in as much as it supports key workers to get to work especially in London.

Grendel

No I had a notification that one of my posts had been deleted, probably used the naughty c word. Guess the same happened to him on his c**t windmilling sesh.

Deleted nothing - didn’t happen then I see

Ian1779

Am I? If I am which I'm not,what exactly would you do about it? I tell you what youd do,fuck all.
You are - your posts prove it.

I’d say try and educate you, but I think you’re beyond it.

And yes you’re right, ultimately I would do nothing, because I would not associate with you and your abhorrent thoughts.

David O'Day

Oh I understand why it’s decided that they are critical but they aren’t in reality. And their employer has failed in their duty of care spectacularly
How else do you get the nhs staff or food production workers to work? Lots would not drive.

robbiekeane

Why because you had a fucking mare?
No because do you not think it's weird that about three people have posted about 85% of 409 pages and it's mostly weird shit about the conservative party.

Someone mentioned what it would be like if people on this were on the phone or met up in person and i'd love it. People like you would probably get found out pretty quick...I just don't have 12 hours a day to type shit on a forum like you guys seem to

fernandopartridge

I agree with Pete that the bus companies have a duty of care, I doubt the drivers were given any PPE but don't know. Bus companies of course being another privatised leach sucking money away to super rich shareholders, like the Souter family (Stagecoach).

David O'Day

No because do you not think it's weird that about three people have posted about 85% of 409 pages and it's mostly weird shit about the conservative party.

Someone mentioned what it would be like if people on this were on the phone or met up in person and i'd love it. People like you would probably get found out pretty quick...I just don't have 12 hours a day to type shit on a forum like you guys seem to
Mate I'm even better girl.

fernandopartridge

This sounds encouraging (for broadly working aged people at least):

Fall in Covid-19 symptoms on tracker app suggests lockdown is working
Researchers believe the coronavirus lockdown is working as data from a tracker app suggests that the number of people aged 20-69 who are reporting Covid-19 symptoms has fallen from 1.9 million to 1.4 million across the UK.

The drop, by around 500,000 people since 1 April, is indicated in analysis of data from the Covid Symptom Tracker app, which is used by more than two million people.

Contributors can track their daily health on the specially created app, which is also being used by healthcare and hospital workers nationwide.

The researchers behind the app, which was developed by a team at King’s College London, said their latest figures suggest that staying home is having a big impact on the spread of the virus in the UK.

They say the drop in new symptoms indicates that although the number of hospital admissions and deaths from Covid-19 are currently rising, they should start to fall in about two weeks’ time provided social distancing continues. The team believes the two-week lag is caused by the delay between symptoms starting and becoming very severe.

Lead researcher, Prof Tim Spector from King’s College London, said:

It is really encouraging to see that the rate of new symptoms being reported is beginning to fall.

Even though hospital admissions and deaths are still on the rise, we hope that these figures offer a much needed light at the end of the tunnel.

We have been totally blown away by the public’s response to the app.

On the first day we saw one million members of the public download it making it one of the most successful first days for an app ever, and already probably the UK’s largest citizen science project.

The altruism of the UK public combined with modern technology is allowing us to rapidly collect huge amounts of invaluable data to help us better understand this deadly virus.

However, while symptoms have been decreasing nationally, researchers say that their data shows that in all areas there are still many people with active symptoms.

The data also shows that individual areas vary. Most of the country’s larger cities like London, Birmingham, Glasgow, and Liverpool continue to have very high levels of symptoms in the community, even this far into lockdown. South Wales is another hotspot.

There are significantly higher levels of symptoms across the Midlands, the North of England and southern Scotland than in the south-west of England.

The Covid Symptom Tracker app was developed by a King’s College London team in association with the Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, NIHR Biomedical Research Centre and healthcare start-up ZOE Global Limited.

You can download the app, and view an interactive map showing the suggested distribution of Covid-19 in your area, here.

fernandopartridge

From the article above, this is the suggested % of people in each LA that has Covid-19 (not sure exactly how the extrapolation works)

Data

Saying 3.54% in Cov
3.24% where I live

Worst place in the country looks to be Blaneau Gwent

SkyBlueCRJ

750 more deaths in Spain. Doesn't look great considering how long they've been in lockdown.

Hopefully just an anomaly as the figures were starting to come down.

Sick Boy

750 more deaths in Spain. Doesn't look great considering how long they've been in lockdown.

Hopefully just an anomaly as the figures were starting to come down
You need to be concentrating on people being tested positive and admissions to intensive care for a better reflection of how the lockdown is getting on.

Users who are viewing this thread