Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (53 Viewers)

cc84cov

We have not yet peaked, the reported deaths aren't what happened on that day, they're just what has been reported that day. I think we'll get to mid April before we've peaked (being optimistic).
14 days behind Italy they peaked 4 days ago we should be peaking 10 days u less lockdown has worked for us tomorrow will tell us

fernandopartridge

To be fair i did read an article (cant find the link now) which stated we are actually 7-10 days behind Italy and Spain not the 10-14 reported.

This due, mainly to the fact that we left our borders open, and the apparent lack of checks at airports, ferry terminals etc.

I am hoping, really hoping this is the case, if we can keep any death rate below 10k, although horrendous, then even the most ardant leftie would have to doff their cap to the government and scientists

It isn't a left / right issue, you've come up with an arbitrary number of 10k deaths. At the end of the day that isn't the measure, the measure is how many were genuinely avoidable. If there are avoidable deaths the government has not done a good job. We've lost a few medical professionals and allied health professionals already, one might argue they should be avoidable with proper PPE. I know medical staff have died in Italy, but using a country that has seen its health system overrun is not a measure of success.

David O'Day

There was a suggestion yesterday for you to get a dictionary. If you did go to "F" (It's between "E" & "G") and look up "Frontline.
No-one said all jobs aren't important.
Mate there was a suggestion yesterday you should get a brain. It goes behind your eyes and between your ears.

You did mean the cleaners and porters so don't give me that. If you did your just say NHS staff.

David O'Day

It isn't a left / right issue, you've come up with an arbitrary number of 10k deaths. At the end of the day that isn't the measure, the measure is how many were genuinely avoidable. If there are avoidable deaths the government has not done a good job. We've lost a few medical professionals and allied health professionals already, one might argue they should be avoidable with proper PPE. I know medical staff have died in Italy, but using a country that has seen its health system overrun is not a measure of success.
10k a day? That's Narnia level figures

Magwitch

The figures only refer to deaths in hospitals. I hope you’re right, but not sure we’ve seen the peak yet . There are reports of care homes being told not to send residents to hospital and only treat them there
Thirteen died last week at one nursing home not in hospital so did they count on the official figures don’t think they did. The true number of deaths might shock us.

clint van damme

Thirteen died last week at one nursing home not in hospital so did they count on the official figures don’t think they did. The true number of deaths might shock us.

and I doubt we'll ever know the true numbers, not just in the UK but in any country.

Grendel

I would venture to suggest that won't turn out to be true, however there is no point arguing as nobody knows for sure, its a little risky for any company to build in the assumptions you'll automatically qualify. If you have the cashflow to cover, why would you be given the cash at the potential expense of companies that can't- I don't think that is an unreasonable point for the govt to make. They will be asking companies to demonstrate why they cannot meet the expense themselves, that will be cashflow statement & management accounts.

But you said earlier they you knew there were restrictions? You just made that up?

eastwoodsdustman

Which is why governments are being careful with their figures. They are trying to avoid all out panic and I think they are playing down the severity of it all to calm us.

Magwitch

We won’t, I heard the other day people are dying of other issues who may have lived longer so not part of the official figures, it’s bloody frightening.

Tommo1993

Which is why governments are being careful with their figures. They are trying to avoid all out panic and I think they are playing down the severity of it all to calm us.

Which is why I think the 2-3 week reassessment was put out. Mislead people to keep them quiet.

Sick Boy

I don’t think it’s that I think it’s more to do with a lack of resources and priorities, which of course is very sad.

Ring Of Steel

But you said earlier they you knew there were restrictions? You just made that up?

Actually I didn't say there are "restrictions" to claiming at all, you are bullshitting once again. Anyone can claim once it goes live, there are no "restrictions", however it is looking likely that the govt will review claims to see who genuinely needs and who is taking a bit of a punt (Spurs, Liverpool etc). Stop telling lies and move along to someone else who does fancy a row with you.

SkyBlueDom26

Netherlands has lowest daily death increase in a week

The country's coronavirus deaths rose by 101 on Monday to a total of 1,867, the Dutch public health institute said.

Those who have tested positive for the virus rose by 952 to 18,803 - a smaller rise than Sunday's 1,224.

More lowering numbers!

cc84cov

Netherlands has lowest daily death increase in a week

The country's coronavirus deaths rose by 101 on Monday to a total of 1,867, the Dutch public health institute said.

Those who have tested positive for the virus rose by 952 to 18,803 - a smaller rise than Sunday's 1,224.

More lowering numbers!
I’m expecting it to all drop now

Maybe wishful thinking

SkyBlueDom26

Normally each week cases and deaths tend to shoot up on Tuesdays, tomorrow will be interesting to see if the same pattern follows, if it doesn't then we may of had the peak

Sick Boy

Italy
Further reductions of those in intensive care
Hospitalised:27

Deaths: 636 - I think it’s an increase
Recovered - 1022 - an increase
New positive cases: 1941

Last edited:

cc84cov

I wonder if we've peaked on here yet or will tomorrow be another day of increased fighting & arguing
I think tomo is a key day to see where we are at as some have said weekends numbers on a Monday etc but if their down tomorrow you have to think we may have peaked and lockdown has worked

Ring Of Steel

Why can't it be at the Ricoh? Wasps must be losing so much money they might be begging us back

Will be a sell out whichever ground it iis!

I dunno, I find it hard to believe that we've cracked it just yet but I'll take the good news alright, and lets hope this is the turn and we're getting on top of it.

Have a pleasant evening, all, hope everyone stays safe and well no matter what cross words got chucked about on here, I'm sure its just frustration :)

Sky Blue Pete

All stuff and nonsense we didn’t need to be in lockdown and herd immunity was the better idea will be in the mail next Monday if we have peaked

Users who are viewing this thread