Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (52 Viewers)

SkyBlueDom26

All stuff and nonsense we didn’t need to be in lockdown and herd immunity was the better idea will be in the mail next Monday if we have peaked
If cases stay around they are today and deaths it will be a good sign that we did peak a few days ago, i still think they will go up tomorrow so not getting to optimistic

Sick Boy

If cases stay around they are today and deaths it will be a good sign that we did peak a few days ago, i still think they will go up tomorrow so not getting to optimistic
I like to look on a day to day basis and try to look for positives but I think fluctuations are to be expected and no reason to get down if it happens, it seems in general across Europe we are moving in the right direction.

Last edited:

David O'Day

Kids the first game back we are allowed to attend will next season. Get used to it, uefa scrapping the 3pm blackout for this season shows they plan to show the games on tv or live streams

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

Even the start of next season will probably be behind closed doors
I think it will be at least 6 months before they open stadiums as a minimum - and then we are going into winter again

such a shame

For the City of Coventry sake, hope things are resolved for January in terms of large scale events, for the City of Culture celebrations

Sick Boy

I would say fans will probably be back in the stadiums around the end of September but then played behind closed doors again for a period during the winter.
Really, really hope we can finish the job and get promotion.

Brylowes

Or, China have simply lied about the amount of deaths.

I know which one my money's on.
They may have lied on numbers ‘but their huge cities are definitely open and you
Can’t imagine they’d do that as we’re talking about metropolises of upto 20million.

fernandopartridge

They may have lied on numbers ‘but their huge cities are definitely open and you
Can’t imagine they’d do that as we’re talking about metropolises of upto 20million.

They're hugely reliant on the faith of the west though aren't they? The same reason for lying about the numbers in the first place (if they did)

SkyBlueCharlie9

Anyone noticed how the newspapers/media say fuck all about cases dropping and falling yet always put the negative stuff online
I have read recently on BBC radio/TV/web that cases are dropping in Spain and Italy(exception today). Where did YOU find out that cases are dropping?

Flying Fokker

Netherlands has lowest daily death increase in a week

The country's coronavirus deaths rose by 101 on Monday to a total of 1,867, the Dutch public health institute said.

Those who have tested positive for the virus rose by 952 to 18,803 - a smaller rise than Sunday's 1,224.

More lowering numbers!
I have two cousins who live there. Dutch girl married my Uncle when he struck up a relationship during WW2. They came back to England until ‘51 and then moved to Heerlen. Just the two cousins left now.

SonofErnie

Even the start of next season will probably be behind closed doors
I think it will be at least 6 months before they open stadiums as a minimum - and then we are going into winter again

such a shame

For the City of Coventry sake, hope things are resolved for January in terms of large scale events, for the City of Culture celebrations

Maybe a case for postponement to 2022. All of the preparations and city centre works are on hold and the city will be a mess if goes ahead.

Saddlebrains

Portsmouth have begun work today on essential works on there main stand.

A new roof. Scheduled to take 14 weeks

Safe to say we've seen the last of the boys in person. Seeing us lift the trophy on ifollow wont be the same

shmmeee

Safe to say we've seen the last of the boys in person. Seeing us lift the trophy on ifollow wont be the same

Give us a proper open top parade the day the pubs open back up and I’ll be happy.

chiefdave

If it was taking 14 weeks then it would either start before the end of one season or run into the following season in normal circumstances. Chances are there will now be a shorter gap between seasons so they've probably just through they might as well get on with it. Don't think it shows there will be no games for 14 weeks.

Tommo1993

Lucky enough to drive past it up to 4 times a day. Progress is slow but yeah they’re still at it. Rowley Road roadworks taking an age as well.

Users who are viewing this thread