Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (62 Viewers)

clint van damme

Also it was the Met who didn't act, ignore the c**t who parrots far right lies.

And who gave him the green light to walk in and out of every hospital in.the UK?

Not sticking up for Starmer because the jury's still out on him as far as im concerned but Savile was enabled by the whole British establishment in an horrific way.
To try and use it to point score is appalling.

David O'Day

And who gave him the green light to walk in and out of every hospital in.the UK?

Not sticking up for Starmer because the jury's still out on him as far as im concerned but Savile was enabled by the whole British establishment in an horrific way.
To try and use it to point score is appalling.
Exactly and for it to ge a tory doing it when they as you say allowed him free reign to do what ever he wanted is vile.

Grendel

It is definitely the case that the govt will review claims, but apart from that its all just a bit vague. The only thing for certain is that they have not yet claimed (because there is no way to claim), nor can they be sure their claim will be accepted because nobody knows if its just an "accept all claims no matter what" policy or if thet'll get deluged and decide to go for neediest first, or maybe higher up have been tipped off that they're ok or something, which is always possible I guess.

I thought you said it definitely would be scrutinised. How would you know if you can’t apply yet?

oscillatewildly

Had a row with the Mrs about this this morning.

We moved in with her parents and younger brother 6 weeks back to save towards a mortgage instead of renting, and anyway, We've got a massive garden, so as the weather is class we were gonna do a mini barbecue.

Just us that live in the household..

She starts whinging about peoples 'opinions'and 'should we be doing it'

Far as I'm concerned we could have a fucking firework display in the garden as long as its just members of the household or am i talking shit? Started to make me doubt myself now.
Pains me to say it, as a vegetarian, but go for it.

chiefdave

Doubtful it was that straightforward. You got any links to any credible evidence?
It is of course not straightforward. Assume it’s reference to this which happened when Starmer was in charge of the CPS.
Surrey Police submitted a file to the Crown Prosecution Service in 2009 containing references to four potential offences, including an allegation of indecent assault on a young girl at the Duncroft children's home. The case was dropped due to a lack of evidence and Savile died two years later.
But the CPS is a huge organisation so there’s every chance Starmer was not involved in the case being dropped or even aware of the case at the time.

What seems to be happening now in the social media cess pit is that every wrong decision made by the CPS while Starmer was DPP is being blamed directly on him.

Shows that the barrage of nonsense aimed at Corbyn is likely to continue with the new leader. Seems this will be the stick used to beat Starmer rather than anti-semitism. Although if you’re trying to shake the anti-semitism tag appointing Reeves to the shadow cabinet seems an odd move.

Grendel

Get well soon Boris. I hope you get the full NHS treatment. Stuck on a trolley in a corridor for 14 hours just like my dear old gran had to the day before she died, I hope you only get treated by NHS professionals who are pikaninis with watermelon smiles and bin bags as substitutes for PPE, if not I hope they’re from the EU working here under freedom of movement, I hope you’re served sub standard lukewarm food because that’s what the budget dictates and what I really hope is that (aside from getting better) you learn something from this experience.

Tony in playing to the gallery shocker

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

On a sobering thought it’s just been said on tv a tiger has tested positively for Coronavirus at a zoo in America. Chap on tv did say animals do get viruses like us but usually not from us or give it to us. Early days I suppose but my pussy stroking finished today.

Inter-species transmission does occur but is rare and quite often goes no further than the initial host it was transferred to. People also tend to die quickly in such cases because their immune system isn't set up to cope with it in any way.

It's the rare instances when they are then transmissible between humans that we really start to see problems.

clint van damme

403 deaths - England

Dropping maybe ?

Hasn't there been a pattern of reduced numbers been reported Sunday and Monday and then increasing again?
Maybe something to do with it being the weekend.

Hopefully we are starting to see a reduction but I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet.

Ring Of Steel

I thought you said it definitely would be scrutinised. How would you know if you can’t apply yet?

Because I am living it and breathing it, have spoken to HMRC, have spoken to people that are involved in setting the portal up, and on a twice weekly basis I attend webinars with many other people facing the same issues in the London area across different industries in order to pool knowledge to be as well prepared as its possible to be, because the info coming out changes every day (as it would when you're setting something like this up in such a short space of time).

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Still think Johnson is pretending he has the virus?

Never said i thought he was pretending. I specifically stated I hope he gets better soon - why would I say that if I thought he was pretending?

I said I was sceptical about whether he would use it to avoid facing scrutiny until the tide turned and then re-appear.

So for the record once again, I hope Johnson recovers soon and wish him all the best.

skybluetony176

Never said i thought he was pretending. I specifically stated I hope he gets better soon - why would I say that if I thought he was pretending?

I said I was sceptical about whether he would use it to avoid facing scrutiny until the tide turned and then re-appear.

So for the record once again, I hope Johnson recovers soon and wish him all the best.
Don’t worry. It’s just Grendull in another playing to the crowd shocker.

Users who are viewing this thread