Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (23 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Ministers are thick as short planks as far as i am concerned! They love to spout about whats being done but forget the small detail about who is doing the work to make it happen! Advisors advise and the Civil Service has to make it happen and Ministers stand there spouting off as if they know what the F^%$ they are talking about! too many single points of failure there for my liking

Yep. MP's/councillors are glorified company reps with an over-inflated opinion of their self-worth. Nowhere else would you get someone as head of finance with no financial background or have massive staff turnover on a single night and just be able to continue. They're mouthpieces.

clint van damme

Trump is bad but Bolosnaro is different league. He's basically said "Hold my beer......and my Jagerbomb and my packet of crisps"

Orban has just turned Hungary into a dictatorship and Duterte threw someone out of a helicopter.
In the race to be the most brazen, Not one fuck given,populist arseholes Trump needs to up his game and Johnson may as well pack it in.

Ring Of Steel

Are they optimistic about it?

That I don't know, he was really really happy just to do his bit. He said that Gilead do not have FDA approval but they can use it in cases where there is no hope of survival. He's just an engineer and got the work as he can do this type of thing fast. Me being the big kid I am took a photo of his workshop/ garage so that when this all ends I can say "thats where work took place on the Coronavirus vaccine" :)

Ring Of Steel

Orban has just turned Hungary into a dictatorship and Duterte threw someone out of a helicopter.
In the race to be the most brazen, Not one fuck given,populist arseholes Trump needs to up his game and Johnson may as well pack it in.

Boris is doing what he always does in times of crisis

tisza

I was talking to someone I know who works in the farming industry and he recons farmers are pouring milk down the drains at the moment. The issue apparently is multiple. Not only is there now a drop in demand as lots of people stocked up on UHT apparently there’s no capacity in the processing chain due to staff shortages through self isolating and foreign workers going home. The latter especially is also an issue I saw on the news last week for crop growers and they’re appealing for British workers to step in. We may have food shortages again yet and not necessarily through panic buying alone.
Also a peak production time for dairy farmers as block calving before turning out on the grass

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

David O'Day

The irony of a company that's spent decades filling lungs with shite could save the world from a respiratory illness.

Or maybe it's something they've been working on anyway to try and beat the damaging effects of smoking?
I think from reading that they have found a potential antigen and have modified tobacco plants to grow with the antigen I them and they can then harvest the plants and extract the pathogen. It's a safer and faster way they say.

shmmeee

Won't happen but the other irony would be that the coin of filthy smokers had contributed .

giphy.gif

Flying Fokker

The irony of a company that's spent decades filling lungs with shite could save the world from a respiratory illness.

Or maybe it's something they've been working on anyway to try and beat the damaging effects of smoking?
Look folks am I being completely naive in thinking this is an April fool joke that everyone else is in on.

steve cooper

There is a really interesting video on the Sky News website, Ignore the link text, you have to scroll down a bit to find the video.
Mostly what is already out there but at the end there is a chart showing total deaths from all causes by week, as an average for the last 5 years. If this information is getting updated weekly it will be a great help. For examply last week's total is more or less bang on average for the last 5 years. This will give a good idea how many deaths are being attributed to COVID 19 in people who are already serioulsy ill and would die anyway.
If this has already been posted please don't bother giving me abuse, this thread is growing faster than I can read it.
Coronavirus: Wine sales rise 'dramatically' as UK locked down

Users who are viewing this thread