Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (37 Viewers)

wingy

Is there any data coming through on age ranges affected over there SB?

djr8369

At the moment there are no guidelines that say all no essential places should close, its said those who can work from home should, so factories, for example, have stayed open.
Takeaways can stay open,yes but restaurants/takeaways are mostly shut as restaurants were ordered to close a week ago or so now.

That sounds currently a lot more similar to over here than I’d realised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

That sounds currently a lot more similar to over here than I’d realised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, which makes the UK’s stance all the more crazy. Half of my colleagues (30) are/were still going into the office on a daily basis last week. The difference is that we can’t leave the house to go to the lake or sea for example.

Sick Boy

Is there any data coming through on age ranges affected over there SB?
The deaths are overwhelming elderly men but there have been reports of people in their 20s and 30s being hospitalised.
The issue is doctors having to effectively decide who lives and dies due to the health system being overwhelmed. I’ve seen it reported by UK press that Italy has twice the number of ICU places, which is very worrying.
An important note on the deaths here though is that they report every death of someone with coronavirus, not necessarily someone who died from coronavirus.
There are daily briefings on TV by the ministry of health and they always stress this point.

skybluesam66

Don’t forget to phone your mum
Make sure she understands the dangers as I am not sure my elderly mum does
Maybe the best Mother’s Day present you can give

Grendel

The deaths are overwhelming elderly men but there have been reports of people in their 20s and 30s being hospitalised.
The issue is doctors having to effectively decide who lives and dies due to the health system being overwhelmed. I’ve seen it reported by UK press that Italy has twice the number of ICU places, which is very worrying.
An important note on the deaths here though is that they report every death of someone with coronavirus, not necessarily someone who died from coronavirus.
There are daily briefings on TV by the ministry of health and they always stress this point.

The death con with Coronavirus is the same as other viruses so will be the same everywhere - it’s why flu deaths have massive ranges depending on what you read

Also lockdowns are going to always have issues as Italy are acknowledging - they are saying that many are flaunting the rules and now the Russian military is going to enforce it

Germany has not had a full lockdown but a very small amount of deaths

skyblue1991

Was looking at buying a house in the summer but obviously that's not going to happen.

Going to be the back end of the year at the very latest and even then I cannot see many selling unless they have to to cover off debts. House prices are going to drop by about 20% at least

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

Was looking at buying a house in the summer but obviously that's not going to happen.

Going to be the back end of the year at the very latest and even then I cannot see many selling unless they have to to cover off debts. House prices are going to drop by about 20% at least

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
The drop is potentially good though! I need to move to be closer to (not quite!) Mrs Wisdom's work. It'll stop Brighton and Grendel arguing over prices, too ;)

Sick Boy

The death con with Coronavirus is the same as other viruses so will be the same everywhere - it’s why flu deaths have massive ranges depending on what you read

Also lockdowns are going to always have issues as Italy are acknowledging - they are saying that many are flaunting the rules and now the Russian military is going to enforce it

Germany has not had a full lockdown but a very small amount of deaths
The Russian military are going to enforce it? Really?
It’s a bit early to be drinking.
The Russians are providing medical assistance.

Grendel

Grendel

I would start wondering about conspiracies if the former were true

It seems very odd that any type of Russian assistance would be agreed even if it is “disinfectant vehicles and staff”

wingy

Italy and Russia have a relatively close commercial relationship.
Historically communism was quite a political force .
Evidence of bought elections in the past.
Not particularly surprising to me that if aid is offered it would be accepted.
Let's face it this is going to smash traditional Geo politics.

Sick Boy

Historically communism was quite a political force .
Evidence of bought elections in the past.
Not particularly surprising to me that if aid is offered it would be accepted.
Let's face it this is going to smash traditional Geo politics.
I think at one point there were over 2million communist party members in Italy, the largest in the west, I think.
Go to the central regions and you still find communist memorials in the streets.

PVA

clint van damme

Was always going to end badly with Cummings.
Far to gung ho and to arrogant to listen to others.
Not surprised this leaked he seems to be hated by those in and around the government with a few exceptions one of whom is the PM

Flying Fokker

Wouldn’t surprise me if lockdown was a day or so away now. The other half saw military personnel walking round Bulkington yesterday afternoon, having never seen it happen in the 24 years she’s lived there. Granted there’s a barracks down the road but just seems a little coincidental. Brace yourselves.

Last week is saw American forces on an industrial estate in Nuneaton of all places. They’d booked a hotel. I guessed they may be working at Bramcote.

shmmeee

There’s also been assistance from China over the last week, you can put your tinfoil hat away.

The West has totally dropped the ball on this. China and Russian will see it as an opportunity to step into their place and act like global leaders. All because we decided normal politicians are “boring”. Hope you’re entertained now!

Reactions: PVA

Sick Boy

The West has totally dropped the ball on this. China and Russian will see it as an opportunity to step into their place and act like global leaders. All because we decided normal politicians are “boring”. Hope you’re entertained now!
What could possibly go wrong when there are people in charge who called for misfits and weirdos to be appointed in Whitehall.

PVA

Turns out a reality TV star and a disgraced journalist don't make for good leaders , who could have seen that coming!

fernandopartridge

Came to post this.

There’s gonna be some heads on spikes after the inquiry into this when it all over.

All those “don’t play politics” people who were defending this because it was their favourite politician/party should be ashamed too.
Let's not make it all about Cummings eh? It's about the whole lot of them. The TPA crowd and the Tories and the very wealthy people they're agents for. Get the fucking lot of them.

Users who are viewing this thread