Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (81 Viewers)

Grendel

Saw this today and thought it was worth resurrecting the thread for. Some interesting, and slightly worrying, data on health outcomes following recovery from covid.

GB news loves these graphs they say it’s vaccine deaths

jimmyhillsfanclub

Chinas gonna China.....

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Saddlebrains

Don't understand China

The whole world has proven zero covid doesn't work as a strategy

The rest of the world opened up and dealt with it and now were back with life as normal.

Wierd

shmmeee

Don't understand China

The whole world has proven zero covid doesn't work as a strategy

The rest of the world opened up and dealt with it and now were back with life as normal.

Wierd

I guess when you can brick people into their houses and control most of the economy it’s an easier option. I wonder if there’s a cultural thing about disease or pride going on as well

CCFCSteve

It's mostly because the vaccine they've got is not as effective as any of the western ones, the west opened up with a highly-vaccinated population

That’s what I’ve read as well. I also heard that a lot of elderly Chinese prefer traditional Chinese medicine so refused the vaccine. I don’t know if that’s true or not but if so, it’s a dangerous combination.

shmmeee

Bizarre that they couldn't produce a decent vaccine…especially after creating the virus in the first place 😊

Stuff like that, especially after seeing Russia in Ukraine not being at all a military superpower, does make you wonder white how strong some of these countries are and how much is reliant on western tech.

fernandopartridge

That’s what I’ve read as well. I also heard that a lot of elderly Chinese prefer traditional Chinese medicine so refused the vaccine. I don’t know if that’s true or not but if so, it’s a dangerous combination.
Yeah i think that's probably true. Fermented sheep bollock will keep the rona away

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Anyone had their booster? Mines just been cancelled due to a shortage of vaccines so now I'm waiting for a call back from my Dads care home to see if I'll still be classed as up to date on vaccinations and allowed to visit.

Just wondering if there genuinely is a national shortage as my doctor claims or if they've fucked up somehow.

Saddlebrains

Anyone had their booster? Mines just been cancelled due to a shortage of vaccines so now I'm waiting for a call back from my Dads care home to see if I'll still be classed as up to date on vaccinations and allowed to visit.

Just wondering if there genuinely is a national shortage as my doctor claims or if they've fucked up somehow.

Nope

Didn't even have the 3rd one

Caught Covid boxing day last year and other than being a bit tired I wouldn't have known I had it.

Like to think with 2 jabs and an infection my immunity should be decent enough

ajsccfc

Your immunity should be decent but it will wane so I wouldn't rule out the idea completely, we're heading towards it joining the winter flu jab in the standard medical checklist kind of thing

jimmyhillsfanclub

we're heading towards it joining the winter flu jab in the standard medical checklist kind of thing

Yep.....it'll become a standard offering alongside (or possibly integrated into) the flu jab.....

.......although since Omicron became dominant, covid is actually far less dangerous than a dose of old fashioned flu.

skybluetony176

Yep.....it'll become a standard offering alongside (or possibly integrated into) the flu jab.....

.......although since Omicron became dominant, covid is actually far less dangerous than a dose of old fashioned flu.
But not seasonal like old fashioned flu so in some respects more dangerous as you can easily catch it any time of the year. We’ll definitely be offered annual jab’s. The danger is complacency, when we have a spike in cases and the NHS starts feeling the strain the dynamics has changed and most of the people ending up in hospital are the unvaccinated.

hill83

Nope

Didn't even have the 3rd one

Caught Covid boxing day last year and other than being a bit tired I wouldn't have known I had it.

Like to think with 2 jabs and an infection my immunity should be decent enough

I haven’t had the booster but I’ve had Covid 4 times. First 3 wiped me out, last one was a walk in the park. Won’t be bothering to have a booster either.

JAM See

The GLW had her Omicron booster yesterday.

It's wiped her out.

Kieranp96

Got back from the uk on Tuesday and in airport had a scratchy throat and you guessed it covid + 😂, 3 days later my gf also has tested +.

Attachments

• EC024E5A-CAB9-46E2-88D1-0DC5F952858A.jpeg
    EC024E5A-CAB9-46E2-88D1-0DC5F952858A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • B3F84DEB-8208-4C3B-8332-2A9AFCB3B0BA.jpeg
    B3F84DEB-8208-4C3B-8332-2A9AFCB3B0BA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15

LastGarrison

The Missus has currently got it.

Second time of her having it and really knocks her sideways.

I was feeling a bit rough the week before but still cracked on so think I probably have it her. 🙈

Briles

Never had it, don't know anyone who's had it. And will stay that way I have no doubt

tisza

Got back from the uk on Tuesday and in airport had a scratchy throat and you guessed it covid + 😂, 3 days later my gf also has tested +.
I've finally got it. Absolutely wasted me first 2 weeks. Still not right.
Miss Boots etc naff all choice of medicines in these patikas.

skybluetony176

I've finally got it. Absolutely wasted me first 2 weeks. Still not right.
Miss Boots etc naff all choice of medicines in these patikas.
Wasted me for 2 weeks too. Wasn’t even that ill really. Had a couple of days oh headache, high temperature and aches. No cough, sore throat or breathing problems (I have asthma so was worried about breathing) but then for 2 weeks I had no strength whatsoever, even walking up the stairs was a chore.

tisza

Wasted me for 2 weeks too. Wasn’t even that ill really. Had a couple of days oh headache, high temperature and aches. No cough, sore throat or breathing problems (I have asthma so was worried about breathing) but then for 2 weeks I had no strength whatsoever, even walking up the stairs was a chore.
Snap. Total muscle fatigue. Everything was an effort and still hard now to do much now.
Got a good friend here whose a team leader with police special forces here. 6'4 , built like a tank. Still gets days months after COVID when he literally can't get out of bed.

skybluetony176

Snap. Total muscle fatigue. Everything was an effort and still hard now to do much now.
Got a good friend here whose a team leader with police special forces here. 6'4 , built like a tank. Still gets days months after COVID when he literally can't get out of bed.
Know someone with a similar experience. They had it in the initial wave. They’ve been getting treatment using a hyperbaric chamber and had good results, took them ages to get the referral though.

Sick Boy

I’m more or less over it after catching it for the first time but it wiped me out for a while - even now I find myself sleeping until 9 most days and I’m usually up at 6 most mornings.

Users who are viewing this thread