Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (16 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

ooppppss,

This really should bring the government down, being culpable for the deaths of thousands is a disgrace. I get it was unprecedented but this bunch of fucking crooks must be accountable for it.

skybluetony176

Boris saying that they didn’t know that it could be spread asymptomatic at the beginning of the pandemic.

Doesn’t really stack up as it’s been known that viruses spread asymptomaticly for centuries and also Chris Witty said it could be right at the start of the pandemic.

I’m old enough to remember when the standard defence line was “we followed the science”. Clearly not.

CCFCSteve

MHancock already blaming the NHS.

Think it was NHS’ call from memory but Hancock was supposed to ensure testing was sorted

I think he even told Johnson, who was struggling with Covid, that this was happening, then argued he only said testing would take place when there was sufficient capacity (lying weasel). It all came out in Cummings testimony to commons committee…not that he’s the beacon of truth but reckon he was right here

This was always going to be the biggest Covid fuck up and people should pay one way or another

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Boris saying that they didn’t know that it could be spread asymptomatic at the beginning of the pandemic.

Doesn’t really stack up as it’s been known that viruses spread asymptomaticly for centuries and also Chris Witty said it could be right at the start of the pandemic.

I’m old enough to remember when the standard defence line was “we followed the science”. Clearly not.
Just make it up as you go along Boris and grendel and half the country will give you sympathy rather than those that paid with their lives.

Mail headline will be nothing to see move on

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He can fuck right off with that excuse. It's complete bullshit.

Why would this disease be different from pretty much every other disease, especially one which was said to show little or no effect in a majority of people, especially the young. Why were we go into lockdown etc if it couldn't be passed on asymptomatically? Surely then all you'd need instead of "Hands, Face, Space" would have been "Can't smell nowt? Don't go out."

As you said, the experts next to him on the podium said this and although I've very little doubt he wasn't paying any attention being wilfully ignorant and not listening is not an excuse.

What's more is how little he thinks of the common person that he thinks a. they won't have enough intelligence or knowledge to know he's talking bullshit and b. that he can say this shit and people will just believe him.

in the words of Liz Truss
1651070310989.png

Tommo1993

Oh blood and sand. After all this time, today I’ve tested positive.

I’ve been a little under the weather since WBA away, today was my fourth test since then and the first positive.

Balls. If you were in block 41 close enough to row 8, do a test just in case.

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've got Covid at the moment.......basically a head cold with a few flu-like aches.....

The worst part is I've had to cancel my long awaited appointment for a biopsy......which is a bit of a twat

Saddlebrains

I've got Covid at the moment.......basically a head cold with a few flu-like aches.....

The worst part is I've had to cancel my long awaited appointment for a biopsy......which is a bit of a twat

Might make me a prick but if I was waiting ages for a biopsy and tested positive id just go and not say anything.

There comes a point where your health is more important than others, and I would say a biopsy is that mate

jimmyhillsfanclub

Might make me a prick but if I was waiting ages for a biopsy and tested positive id just go and not say anything.

There comes a point where your health is more important than others, and I would say a biopsy is that mate

It did cross my mind to be honest......but it was due for this afternoon & I am currently sneezing & coughing for England so I think I did the right thing.....eventually:cool: Hopefully NHS karma will reward me in the coming months.

I'm 99% sure my eldest had it last week, but we didn't test him as he was due on his (already twice cancelled) school trip.....He had zero symptoms by the day he got on the coach so I feel that one was more morally acceptable.

Grendel

....i'm guessing now is a very good time to buy stock in Bavarian Nordic.....

People were phoning into 5 live saying lockdowns for infected abs close contact to avoid another pandemic

Yeah fuck that

Grendel

I mean - it sounds reasonable enough that people who have it maybe hold off on their Tinder dates for few weeks, no?

That is of course not the only way this spreads - someone described as a young child is in intensive care in London

Grendel

So why are lockdowns for people who were infected or close contacts out of the question then?

Because it 99.999% of cases it’s harmless.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

well it is. It’s not going to kill people - unless we decide we must lockdown every contagious illness
Apart from the fact the CDC say up to one in ten cases result can result in death, and the most likely to die are young children.

Not that I'm advocating lockdowns etc. just pointing out people do die from monkeypox and quite often they're children,

usskyblue

Thought we’d escaped without getting this shit. The missus and I are both feeling rough. She tested positive on Saturday and I did this morning. This ain’t no mild cold either.

usskyblue

All the best mate, I thought you'd had it in the early days

Thanks. I was diagnosed as having the flu a month before Covid became a thing in the US. There were no Covid tests around back then.
Strangely enough this started the same way. Dry cough and fever. I got really sick the last time, I’m hoping this doesn’t get that bad.. or worse.

AOM

David O'Day

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread