Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (34 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
West orchards staying open? Not sure why as it's not a necessity.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Those hotel pricks that sacked people

Scottish hotel blames admin error for sacking staff during Covid-19 outbreak
Yes just like the chemists who said triple price increase on kids medicine was an error till it was proved it was their head office that had put the price up Wankers
“Admin error”

giphy.gif

Ring Of Steel

My god, I sleep for about 11 hours after a long week, get up, have a cuppa, blast the vape, come on here and we’re still discussing whether supermarket shoppers are murderers :)

Liquid Gold

Can I ask a question about how I should be going about things.

A couple of friends of mine who’ve been working from home this week have asked me and Ms LG to go for a walk this afternoon. We’ll drive to theirs, pick them up and drive to the woods for a walk just the 4 of us. Is this ok or should I be distancing more?

shmmeee

A couple of friends of mine who’ve been working from home this week have asked me and Ms LG to go for a walk this afternoon. We’ll drive to theirs, pick them up and drive to the woods for a walk just the 4 of us. Is this ok or should I be distancing more?

Keep your distance in person (2m?) and you should be OK.

Places that have banned mass gatherings tend to be more than five as well.

Astute

Got a couple pizzas delivered last night then had a few drinks and started making a battleships set out of the boxes.

This is at the start. I’m going to end up batshit.
I don't like pizzas unless in Italy. I also don't like sweetcorn. But I would buy a pizza with sweetcorn so I could flick it at others in the room. Got to have a bit of fun at times like this.

Astute

If you more or less know they don't have it and you don't have it then not a problem.

But do you?

Astute

Been thinking about this virus. I blame Greta Thunberg and her mates. After all they’ve got what they wanted, places in lockdown fewer vehicles on roads across the globe, reduction in pollution and the deaths of the elderly the people that are to blame for climate change.
I feel sorry for her. How are the crew of her boat going to fly around the globe to crew up?

Colin Steins Smile

Teachers too :) But yes, it will quickly be realised among the more rational of us (i.e. not Grendel) that the salary paid to someone is no reflection of their self-worth - indeed by the key worker logic, there is an inverse relationship between salary paid and the criticalness of their wok. Hopefully it also makes people in fraudulent jobs such as 'healthcare business consultants' take a long and hard look at themselves...
From current evidence the management of preparations for dealing with the virus has been lacking, as the front line staff don't have the right kit & equipment. That sits with government and management.

Liquid Gold

That is OK as long as he drives a bus or something very long.
We’re in a non at risk age group. None of us have any symptoms, we’re not going to get close to anybody and afterwards we’re going to go home and see nobody. I think it’s good but wanted to sound it out to someone without skin in the game. I also feel some outside and fresh air will do me good as being in a flat with no outside space is tough.

clint van damme

From current evidence the management of preparations for dealing with the virus has been lacking, as the front line staff don't have the right kit & equipment. That sits with government and management.

To be fair I've just walked past Grimmet and Timms and they've got an advert in the window for a driver/pall bearer so they seem to be fairly well prepared.

cc84cov

No wonder this thing is spreading so fast the Ricoh is absolutely heaving we are gonna be moving at a faster rate than Spain Italy etc 100%

Gynnsthetonic

Just found out a friend has had it & his mrs has caught it we defo have more than 5 cases in Coventry
5 of my mates from Binley Wyken areas came back from Courchavel in the French Alps last Saturday night and have been in bed since with symptoms, not saying it is Corona it maybe another bug, how would they know though without being tested.

cc84cov

5 of my mates from Binley Wyken areas came back from Courchavel in the French Alps last Saturday night and have been in bed since with symptoms, not saying it is Corona it maybe another bug, how would they know though without being tested.
Exactly their hiding the true figures when is Boris gonna get hold of this situation everyone seems to be just carrying on with normal life

NortonSkyBlue

Exactly their hiding the true figures when is Boris gonna get hold of this situation everyone seems to be just carrying on with normal life
But you are prepared to spread heresay and call out the Boris Johnson about people carrying on as normal. How about people taking some responsibility for their own actions?

Ring Of Steel

We’re in a non at risk age group. None of us have any symptoms, we’re not going to get close to anybody and afterwards we’re going to go home and see nobody. I think it’s good but wanted to sound it out to someone without skin in the game. I also feel some outside and fresh air will do me good as being in a flat with no outside space is tough.

I’m going out walking every day, lots of people around but it’s not hard to stay a safe distance and I would see that as low risk.

Astute

It will do you good. You don't know hiw much longer you will be able to go out. Don't they have their own car though? Would they fit in your boot?

Not a problem as long as you understand the risk. Personally I am in semi lockdown. Just go shopping and work. It isn't up to me what others do. But we do need to keep our distance. Not everyone shows symptoms. Three Pompey players have it. They showed no symptoms. They are testing the whole squad. Not even had all the results in yet.

Ring Of Steel

It will do you good. You don't know hiw much longer you will be able to go out. Don't they have their own car though? Would they fit in your boot?

Not a problem as long as you understand the risk. Personally I am in semi lockdown. Just go shopping and work. It isn't up to me what others do. But we do need to keep our distance. Not everyone shows symptoms. Three Pompey players have it. They showed no symptoms. They are testing the whole squad. Not even had all the results in yet.

definitely. If you’re careful then the benefits of some fresh air, exercise and having a chat with friends will far outweigh the risks.

Users who are viewing this thread