Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (28 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

It will do you good. You don't know hiw much longer you will be able to go out. Don't they have their own car though? Would they fit in your boot?

Not a problem as long as you understand the risk. Personally I am in semi lockdown. Just go shopping and work. It isn't up to me what others do. But we do need to keep our distance. Not everyone shows symptoms. Three Pompey players have it. They showed no symptoms. They are testing the whole squad. Not even had all the results in yet.
I think there are thousands around with it showing no symptoms, I reckon once we get that test out that shows if you’ve had it the mortality rate will drop massively and a load of people can go out and help those vulnerable.

My sister and her family are in isolation. Her daughter, who has autism, contacted a test positive in nursery and it means her, her partner and 3 kids (one of whom just recovered from sepsis) are away for 2 weeks. Feel for them, sounds tough.

Skyblueweeman

It will do you good. You don't know hiw much longer you will be able to go out. Don't they have their own car though? Would they fit in your boot?

Not a problem as long as you understand the risk. Personally I am in semi lockdown. Just go shopping and work. It isn't up to me what others do. But we do need to keep our distance. Not everyone shows symptoms. Three Pompey players have it. They showed no symptoms. They are testing the whole squad. Not even had all the results in yet.
Theres a lot of cases here in Hampshire, relatively speaking compared to the rest of the UK (excluding London).

The hospital where my boy was born, about 2 miles up the road, has had 4 Coronavirus deaths in the last 48 hrs.

Cant wait to do some gardening in a bit to take my mind off of all of this.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

Keep your distance in person (2m?) and you should be OK.

Places that have banned mass gatherings tend to be more than five as well.
Been having the same chat with a mate about a walk over the park (keeping two meters distance) bit of a shit alternative to the usual trip to a few boozers on a Saturday night but needs must

LG - I think astute/ROS are correct, walk is fine and should be encouraged ! One issue might be the picking up and getting in the same car though (I can’t believe I’m even writing these words but that’s unfortunately the case). Everyone’s got to make their own calls but no symptoms isn’t necessarily relevant unless all four of your have been in no contact with anyone else for two weeks (which I guess is unlikely)

PVA

Lots of pubs and bars and cafes are ignoring the measures and staying open it seems.

A golf club in Coventry have closed the bar... But are selling cans and people are sat out on the terrace drinking together.

Absolute idiots and these places don't deserve any of the government's financial support.

Also, looks like Boris is giving the press conference a miss today. We couldn't possibly expect him to show up on a Saturday could we. Lazy c**t.

Ring Of Steel

Lots of pubs and bars and cafes are ignoring the measures and staying open it seems.

A golf club in Coventry have closed the bar... But are selling cans and people are sat out on the terrace drinking together.

Absolute idiots and these places don't deserve any of the government's financial support.

Also, looks like Boris is giving the press conference a miss today. We couldn't possibly expect him to show up on a Saturday could we. Lazy c**t.

really- like where?

Nick

Administrator

Haven't they been told they can do takeaway?

Many people in shopping centres today?

Ring Of Steel

Is it? Thought it was about stopping the spread?

Many at supermarkets this morning when they don't need to be?

Strange silence about them again.
Then that makes them stupid, it does not invalidate the fact that they shouldn’t be doing it. As for foot locker, that’s just a silly thing to say and they never have my size anyway.

CCFCSteve

Give it a break about Johnson mate, you don’t like him, we get it. Whatever you think of him I bet the blokes had fuck all sleep all week (after having to make constant life and death decisions). He also said at the press conference yesterday he had meetings with key supermarkets today to try to sort out what they can do about the selfish panic buyers !. After that I hope he does have a breather

ps agree with your point about people ignoring warnings/measures though. It’s a joke. As ROS says this is out of government/Johnson’s hands at the moment, well until they enforce a full lock down thanks to our mainly selfish society. People need to start taking some personal responsibility FFS ! The information is there, do they really want the government to start locking everyone up/imposing martial law (not going to help the wider situation but might be necessary)

Nick

Administrator
Then that makes them stupid, it does not invalidate the fact that they shouldn’t be doing it. As for foot locker, that’s just a silly thing to say and they never have my size anyway.
Neither you or PVA seem to want to mention them?

As I said, radio silence about that but desperation about somebody going to a pub, murderers.

Astute

Haven't they been told they can do takeaway?

Many people in shopping centres today?
Sounds about right.

Indian takeaway curry. English takeaway beer. Then drink it close to others. Perfect mentality......

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

I bet they are all laughing and think they are clever getting around the closure of bars!

The National Medical Director has just said that this could be the time in your life where your actions, by following the advice, can save someone’s life.

But for others it’s clearly more important to play golf and have a few beers....

Astute

As I said, radio silence about that but desperation about somebody going to a pub, murderers.
OK Nick. We get your point. The UK is full of idiots.

Ring Of Steel

Mention who? I’m not disagreeing with anyone, I just don’t get the point and the obsession with shoppers.

Users who are viewing this thread