Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (33 Viewers)

SBT

Fair play to anyone who managed to watch two whole minutes of that Jeremy Vine show, I had to tap out after 90 seconds.

Grendel

Fair play to anyone who managed to watch two whole minutes of that Jeremy Vine show, I had to tap out after 90 seconds.

Jealous that the former CET journalist Jeremy is now a half a million pound a year presenter and your best position at the CET was Simon Gilberts latrine boy?

SBT

Jealous that the former CET journalist Jeremy is now a half a million pound a year presenter and your best position at the CET was Simon Gilberts latrine boy?

Haha he was at the CET?! That checks out. Should've guessed you were a fan!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

On the one level that seem harsh, but I guess we've just got rid of a player for not taking care of themselves and giving themselves the best opportunity to play.

I see your point, but I think it is a bit difficult to compare a player who was going out and getting drunk then not turning up, to someone who hasn´t had a jab. Particularly as they could have caught it even if they had of had it.

Anyway, the less said about Bright the better probably.

Brighton Sky Blue

This is spot on and why when I’ve seen media, commentators etc saying we are slipping behind other countries on vaccine roll out, basically because others have been getting kids jabbed, I’ve just put my head in my hands. The key is getting those most at risk ie adults, and more so older adults, vaccinated/protected. Jabbing kids might eventually help with herd immunity (I’m current not convinced herd immunity is achievable if boosters are required annually) and look good for figures but ultimately they are unlikely to get seriously ill

We have had very high case numbers recently because of the school testing but if they’re asymptomatic or not really impacted virus it doesn’t really matter as long as we are protecting those at risk...unfortunately there’s a load of idiots who prefer to remain unprotected !

I’m hoping the decision to allow Covid to spread gradually over summer, the 12 wk gap between jabs and the greater focus on getting more adults vaccinated quickly, all of which were calculated gambles, will pay off, but these gambles will only work in conjunction with a successful booster programme

It is still causing not inconsiderable disruption to education, meanwhile. They shouldn’t be made to isolate.

Grendel

Grendel

Sky Blue Pete

Fully-Vaxxed Gibraltar Sees 2500 PERCENT SPIKE in COVID-19 Cases Per Day, Initiates New Lockdowns
Do you just make this stuff up?

NorthernWisdom

Do you just make this stuff up?
They have cancelled some Christmas events, and asked people to consider how they want to run their Christmas.

That being said, they've also had four deaths from Covid since vaccines took hold. It's clear they're working.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Four deaths since March, considered to be when they hit full vaccination rate. V vast majority of their 94 other deaths were in January and early February, when vaccination rates were still low.

So if they are working well (which they look to be), why are they cancelling Christmas events?

It looks like a full lockdown is going to be implemented here. Cue the riots.

Skybluefaz

So if they are working well (which they look to be), why are they cancelling Christmas events?

It looks like a full lockdown is going to be implemented here. Cue the riots.
Presumably they have looked at the data on the vaccine waning from Israel and the UK etc and made a decision based on that. How is the booster program going in the Netherlands, you been offered a booster yet?

NorthernWisdom

Presumably they have looked at the data on the vaccine waning from Israel and the UK etc and made a decision based on that. How is the booster program going in the Netherlands, you been offered a booster yet?
Yep, they're rolling out their booster programme, recognise there is a period where, with waning effectiveness of vaccines, there is an increased risk, and are taking some relatively small measures to offset that.

Users who are viewing this thread