Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (26 Viewers)

PVA

Several people (who also have been really prone to go as negative as possible and also have admitted they have been scared during the pandemic) have taken your side.

Stop the press.

'my side' being Public Health England. Yeah, imagine taking sides with those jokers, what fools we are.

PVA

There wouldn't have been no problem with that, because you would have found the next thing to argue about. That's your whole purpose here, because what you are saying makes absolutely no sense and you are just arguing for the sake of it.

The data backs up what I have just said (which you just admitted was fine). Where do you want to draw the line, 43, 46, 49.746578389? Wherever that line in the sand is, it still reinforces my point (again which you admitted was fine).

One thing was right about the healthy debate thing though, if you cannot be bothered to read what others have said, or digest a simple table of data, then I really can't help you. I think that is part of the problem though, when the facts don't fit your agenda, the fingers go in the ears.

giphy.gif

You couldn't even be bothered to read and digest the data you posted, then throw your toys out the pram when it's pointed out to you. Healthy debate indeed.

Skybluefaz

The jab can prevent serious illness can't it? Therefore keeping people out of hospital and reducing the pressure on the NHS and avoiding lockdown. Karl Darlow was talking about his experience with Covid-19. He got it before he'd been fully vaccinated. Deaths aren't be all and end all are they? Unless you are under 16 I think in which case it was deemed to not be of benefit to the individual wasn't it?

NorthernWisdom

The jab can prevent serious illness can't it? Therefore keeping people out of hospital and reducing the pressure on the NHS and avoiding lockdown. Karl Darlow was talking about his experience with Covid-19. He got it before he'd been fully vaccinated. Deaths aren't be all and end all are they? Unless you are under 16 I think in which case it was deemed to not be of benefit to the individual wasn't it?
Yeah, the logic for U16s (I think!) is to suppress transmission as much as anything, so less risk to people who are vulnerable... along with side effects such as long Covid, I think?

Grendel

Yeah, the logic for U16s (I think!) is to suppress transmission as much as anything, so less risk to people who are vulnerable... along with side effects such as long Covid, I think?

It’s more to massage figures and increase vaccines - it would make more sense to either distribute elsewhere or hold back for booster requirements. There isn’t really any logic to have 12 year olds jabbed

PVA

I see #BoycottMorrisons is trending.

Absolutely fine by me as Morrisons is my local supermarket, more than happy for the anti vaxxers to stay away 👍🏻

PVA

I think people should get the vaccine but also think this is appalling for employee rights and sets a dreadful precedent

Obviously they'll still get statutory sick pay.

But the vaccine is proven to make you less likely to get ill, so if you choose not to take it, as is your right, and get ill then Morrisons can choose not to pay you as much, as is their right.

fernandopartridge

Obviously they'll still get statutory sick pay.

But the vaccine is proven to make you less likely to get ill, so if you choose not to take it, as is your right, and get ill then Morrisons can choose not to pay you as much, as is their right.
I can't see that discretionary judgement call being extended to other illness or injury at all.

What if the employee caught covid at work?

Grendel

I can't see that discretionary judgement call being extended to other illness or injury at all.

What if the employee caught covid at work?

Its extraordinary someone who professes left wing leanings can come up with a view so far right even my jaw dropped

it’s obscene

Evo1883

I think people should get the vaccine but also think this is appalling for employee rights and sets a dreadful precedent

Exactly , it's amazing what people are willing to accept , and it won't stop there

Quite surprised in recent weeks on how certain people see things on here with this virus . I feel like im the leftie here these days 😆

PVA

Basically , a multi million pound company has found a way to save money at peoples expense but are using covid to do it , and people lap it up .. crazy

But that's not what's happening.

It's not an 'excuse'.

Anti-vaxxers are more likely to cost them money by refusing to take up something which reduces the chances of them being off work.

They would still receive statutory sick pay so it's perfectly legal.

They aren't being forced to take the vaccine, it's still entirely their choice.

If they were being forced then clearly that would be totally wrong. But they aren't. It's their choice.

fernandopartridge

It's not an 'excuse'.

Anti-vaxxers are more likely to cost them money by refusing to take up something which reduces the chances of them being off work.

If they were being forced then clearly that would be totally wrong. But they aren't. It's their choice.
Do you really consider yourself left wing with this sort of logic? I presume you're ok with somebody having no sick pay for sports injuries? What about somebody who is double vaccinated yet still ill enough to need time off?

It's no credit to Morrisons that they pay statutory sick pay, it is a legal obligation

Evo1883

It's not an 'excuse'.

2 people at a company catch covid , vaccinated or not ... both will be off work for 10 days isolating ... costing the company money .

The delta varient appears as transmissible in vaccinated people as it is unvaccinated .. we are carrying the same amount of the virus basically

You're making excuses for large corporations to take money away from people

The vaccine protects us from the effects of the vaccine not from transmission

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator

It's not an 'excuse'.

Don't you have to be off for 10 days even if you are vaccinated anyway?

Grendel

Do you really consider yourself left wing with this sort of logic? I presume you're ok with somebody having no sick pay for sports injuries? What about somebody who is double vaccinated yet still ill enough to need time off?

It's no credit to Morrisons that they pay statutory sick pay, it is a legal obligation

he’s hilarious - his classic that Eastern European’s shipped over to leave in squalor are a benefit of freedom of movement was a gem. Now this.

He’s further right that Thatcher. From farming stock And boy it shows

PVA

I don't consider myself left wing, I consider myself centre left.

You can't compare this to sports injuries or other illness/injuries. It's completely novel.

You have a choice of taking a perfectly safe vaccine that reduces the chances of you becoming ill. That makes you more valuable to your employer. Like it or not that's a fact. We are hiring at the moment and i would not employ an anti vaxxer.

Of course stat sick pay is a legal obligation. I have not said otherwise, and I am not saying its a credit to Morrisons that they pay it.

Like I said, I am not condoning forced vaccinations, that is wrong. But people have a choice, and they have to accept whatever comes with making the choice they make.

PVA

he’s hilarious - his classic that Eastern European’s shipped over to leave in squalor are a benefit of freedom of movement was a gem. Now this.

He’s further right that Thatcher. From farming stock And boy it shows

Hahaha this old chestnut. The biggest racist on the board pretends to be offended by a totally mis-remembered quote.

I hadn't posted on the off topic forum for a while and I remember why now, racist c**ts like you.

Evo1883

You can't compare this to sports injuries or other illness/injuries. It's completely novel.

You have a choice of taking a perfectly safe vaccine that reduces the chances of you becoming ill. That makes you more valuable to your employer. Like it or not that's a fact. We are hiring at the moment and i would not employ an anti vaxxer.

Of course stat sick pay is a legal obligation. I have not said otherwise, and I am not saying its a credit to Morrisons that they pay it.

Like I said, I am not condoning forced vaccinations, that is wrong. But people have a choice, and they have to accept whatever comes with making the choice they make.

Right so it's for the best that heart attack patients who smoke are just left at home to treat themselves to save the NHS money 💰

After all they made the choice to smoke

Had they not smoked the risk is massively reduced and they deserve treatment

Choices have consequences

Grendel

PVA writing his own suicide note on a football forum

Grendel

Are you legally allowed to ask in an interview if someone has been vaccinated?

PVA

Right so it's for the best that heart attack patients who smoke are just left at home to treat themselves to save the NHS money 💰

After all they made the choice to smoke

Had they not smoked the risk is massively reduced and they deserve treatment

Choices have consequences

Not this again.

Are heart attacks contagious?

PVA

Are you legally allowed to ask in an interview if someone has been vaccinated?

Probably not, and I won't ask.

But if it comes up in general conversation and it turns out they are an anti vaxxer then they won't be getting the job.

Evo1883

Not this again.

Nah it was a shit analogy so apologies haha .

Serious note

Vaccine doesn't stop the spread and you will be off for 10 days vaccinated or not .

There's no argument for morrisons

Grendel

Not this again.

would you put an elderly employee at Morrison’s on reduced pay if they had the flu and hadnt Had the flu jab?

PVA

Nah it was a shit analogy so apologies haha .

Serious note

Vaccine doesn't stop the spread and you will be off for 10 days vaccinated or not .

There's no argument for morrisons

Haha yeah the heart attack argument has been done a hundred times on here 🤣

The latest PHE report says that the vaccine does reduce transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread