Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (52 Viewers)

hill83

Well... we do still have a culture where it's seen as good to battle into work if you're remotely able to. And tbf that's hard to break too - I don't want to be seen as a malingerer!

Add to that the pharmaceutical company I work for that I won’t name decided to take away the first three days of full sick pay mid pandemic. I’m comfortable money wise within reason but can’t afford to be sick now.

NorthernWisdom

Add to that the pharmaceutical company I work for that I won’t name decided to take away the first three days of full sick pay mid pandemic. I’m comfortable money wise within reason but can’t afford to be sick now.
That's a wankerish thing to do, especially during this! Mind you, guess a pharmaceutical company need the business eh...? Can't have well people, now.

Just before lockdown I was somewhat worried about my boss, who kept coming in and hacking his way over us all... even after we'd been told to stay at home if we had a cough.

Couldn't have been Covid, because none of the rest of us caught it (aha, start the conspiracy!) but... proof of how hard it is to change peoples' ways, even when government was telling you not to go in!

Sky Blue Pete

Is that really what we’re saying here, that 10,000 deaths is worth it so we can open everything up now?
We do with flu
10000 deaths is less than 30 a day. At 100 a day it’s just shy of 40000 deaths a year

In the uk there’s an average of 600000 deaths a year or 1643 a day to put it in comparison

last year this was significantly higher due to Covid at just shy of 700000

People die and many of them, we need to manage the number and take appropriate precautions. It is a fact that more people will die from poverty caused by low economic growth

shmmeee

Do we need to protest against satanic child abuse? What's the target conversion market with these protests, and how do they think said protests will change a fervant satanic child abuse advocate into somebody who's against it?

I mean if I was a satanic child abuser in Westminster and a bunch of stoned weirdos called me out on it, I’d probably stop right there

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Didn't realise these people were protesting about lockdown today ... a day where almost all restrictions have been lifted
giphy.gif

I just assumed it must be people complaining about restrictions being lifted (and the nonsensical thing of them all gathering close together to do so).

To be complaining about lockdown when pretty much everything has been lifted or become 'advisory' is nothing short of monumentally stupid. The mental gymnastics needed to hold that position is off the scale.

It's the Fuckwits vs the Fuck Whitty's

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I was being a bit facetious tbh, but the point stands- opening up fully now is a massive gamble and nobody knows how it will pan out. Our track record isn’t the best is it.

This is basically the gamble Johnson alluded to last Feb/Mar. Get everything open, steal a march on everyone else. He's never really gone away from it ideologically. As he said himself he'd rather have the bodies piling up in the streets.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In all seriousness, fuck knows. I have a feeling best bet once everyone’s vaxxed is to accept the increased load on the NHS and fund accordingly. What else can you do?

Can’t just sit around hoping it gets less serious surely? And if you are you’d want more mutations not less wouldnt you?

Would be great apart from one small snag - the 'fund accordingly' bit. Remember this is the Tories, who don't do investing in services, and many influential people want to see the NHS sold off.

baldy

My parents are late 60s and am genuinely concerned, it doesn’t help having not seeing them since it started.
The blasé attitude about people dying from certain posters is idiotic.
None as he's a shot troll plus his mum has locked him in the basement

Why's anybody who says anything that differs with the majority on heres thinking a troll? People are allowed to have different opinions

David O'Day

Why's anybody who says anything that differs with the majority on heres thinking a troll? People are allowed to have different opinions

No he's a troll, he normally trolls people on the football part of the board as well.

Kids is a an a troll if I just didn't agree with him i'd call him a c**t.

oakey

Could today's decision about nightclubs needing a form of vaxx passport by the end of September be extended to large venues including football in due course?
"Nightclubs and other venues where large crowds gather."
Brace yourselves for the possibility.

Last edited:

David O'Day

Could today's decision about nightclubs needing a form of vaxx passport by the end of September be extended to large venues including football in due course?

The quote from the commons was " At that point we make full vaccination a condition of entry to nightclubs and other venues where large crowds gather. " so could be likely

CCFCSteve

Wouldn’t be surprised, especially as theres concerns about flu hospitalisations.

David O'Day

Vallance says 60% of people admitted to hospital are double vaccinated.

Thought it would be lower than that

Sky Blue Pete

Van tam absolutely just set things up to put the blame on the public not behaving themselves

Wonder why we legislate anything at all for public health!

Ccfcisparks

Disgusting that Vaccine passports are being introduced, the government want to use them to control us, use the microchip to track our location, they contain 5g signal etc. etc.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

"Nightclubs and other venues where large crowds gather."

I might be in the minority here, but I'm not massively comfortable with that. I'm planning to have the jab, but even so.

fernandopartridge

Vallance says 60% of people admitted to hospital are double vaccinated.

Thought it would be lower than that
I thought it was lower. It's going to get higher though, it's still a lower than the proportion of the population that is double vaccinated. Given that the mostly double vax population represented by far and away the majority of hospitalisations it's probably very little to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread