Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (35 Viewers)

PVA

Here we go again, bringing politics into it

Tories have underfunded the NHS for 10 years and now we're heading into a pandemic with a shortage of ICU beds.

You obviously like Boris/the Tories and that's fine, you're absolutely entitled to, but there is this situation is very political, it can't be avoided.

Ring Of Steel

Tories have underfunded the NHS for 10 years and now we're heading into a pandemic with a shortage of ICU beds.

You obviously like Boris/the Tories and that's fine, you're absolutely entitled to, but there is this situation is very political, it can't be avoided.

he’s also not playing with a full deck

shmmeee

Day 1 is politics as level - everything is politics. Nationalised healthcare when it seems it's about to fail 2 months after the losing party predicted it in particular.

TBF any healthcare system would fail what’s about to come. They have underfunded but that’s like blaming Browns minor spending increases on why we didn’t survive the GFC. My issues with the government are very much immediate.

Reactions: PVA

covmark

Class A c**t. Hang your head in shame.

Tragic how many in here seem to be secretly hoping it goes to shit because it supports their political views.

Arseholes
Yeah I've seen a fair amount of this recently. As you say it's tragic. People have different opinions and vote in different ways for differing reasons. To say they're deserving of illness because of it is pretty cuntish.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BornSlippySkyBlue

TBF any healthcare system would fail what’s about to come. They have underfunded but that’s like blaming Browns minor spending increases on why we didn’t survive the GFC. My issues with the government are very much immediate.
They will all ultimately fail if the pressure gets too much, but some will save more lives than others before they do. Our issue would appear to be that the system is already at breaking point before this even started, so it’s not going to take a lot.

There is simply no capacity, it is already full.

covmark

They will all ultimately fail if the pressure gets too much, but some will save more lives than others before they do. Our issue would appear to be that the system is already at breaking point before this even started, so it’s not going to take a lot.

There is simply no capacity, it is already full.
The majority deserve it though eh.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BornSlippySkyBlue

Class A c**t. Hang your head in shame.

Tragic how many in here seem to be secretly hoping it goes to shit because it supports their political views.

Arseholes
Truth hurt? If you think anyone gets actual pleasure out of watching this disaster unfold you’ve got a twisted brain. There is no way on this planet that the state of the NHS is not a political issue or that it is highly relevant to this discussion. If you don’t agree with that then you’re the grade a c**t.

I apologise for going off on one in the original post, but it was all true and I can assure you the NHS has gone to shit over the last ten years and I’ve watched it from a far closer viewpoint than I’d have chosen. It’s beyond frustrating to witness doctors and nurses pleading with people not to vote for the party that made their jobs so difficult, only for them to then have to risk their lives saving those same people with inadequate equipment to even do their jobs while the politicians bullshit everyone about sourcing ventilators from car part factories. But if you want to believe them, carry on.

Liquid Gold

I think the mortality rate is going to end up a lot less than people think. Look at this data

South Korea: coronavirus cases by age 2020 | Statista
Coronavirus death rates in South Korea reinforce a frightening pattern of how the disease affects older people

In south Korea 57.91% of people that have been tested positive are aged 49 or under. Out of that number 2 people have died.

This isn't about saying elderly people are expendable, I'm trying to put across that the one country that has a rigorous testing system is picking up huge numbers of people that have got the virus but are not displaying symptoms. It's highly likely to be the same everywhere else. I think the death numbers required for herd immunity could be exaggerated to say the least.

Ring Of Steel

Two weeks ago today Boris was on TV boasting about how he shook hands with “a few coronavirus victims” while in hospital and went on to say that we’ll be pleased to know that he will continue to do so. At that stage there had been 3,464 deaths.

Ring Of Steel

An Italian company worked out how to 3D print a key ventilator component, saving $11k and allowing faster production, this thing without doubt saved some lives.

Their reward? The maker of the original component is suing them for Patent Infringment

Start-up which 3D-printed lifesaving ventilator valves may face legal action

It’s not just Boris, it’s the way the world operates, rampant capitalism & the new surge to the right encouraging service to self & fuck everyone else. It’s the world that’s sick, not just Johnson, he merely epitomises the way things are.

SeaSeeEffCee

This is the biggest government intervention in peoples lives in my lifetime, how can it be anything but political?
Yeah but we can’t have bad things said about good ol’ Boris can we. No politics allowed and no criticising the government. I’m certain those banging on about other making things ‘political’ would of course keep their mouthes shut if Labour were in power and making a mess of things right now....

Johnson was an absolute fucking disgrace earlier by the way. Worldwide pandemic that will have dire consequences both here and abroad and our supposed leader is complaining about having to give briefings and sounding bored the entire time he actually is. No wonder we can’t get people to take this thing seriously when the Prime Minister doesn’t sound like he’s taking it seriously whenever he opens his mouth and refuses to put actual restrictions in place.

robbiekeane

Truth hurt? If you think anyone gets actual pleasure out of watching this disaster unfold you’ve got a twisted brain. There is no way on this planet that the state of the NHS is not a political issue or that it is highly relevant to this discussion. If you don’t agree with that then you’re the grade a c**t.

I apologise for going off on one in the original post, but it was all true and I can assure you the NHS has gone to shit over the last ten years and I’ve watched it from a far closer viewpoint than I’d have chosen. It’s beyond frustrating to witness doctors and nurses pleading with people not to vote for the party that made their jobs so difficult, only for them to then have to risk their lives saving those same people with inadequate equipment to even do their jobs while the politicians bullshit everyone about sourcing ventilators from car part factories. But if you want to believe them, carry on.
So you stand by what you said? That if somebody votes Conservative then they “deserve the next pandemic”?

robbiekeane

Don’t start this, you know what he meant and emotions are understandably running higher than usual. No need to turn it into a huge hissyfit drama now.
Fuck off. I’m not starting anything, that’s a disgusting thing to say and I’m calling him out on it. Just because emotions are high doesn’t mean you aren’t accountable for your actions. Also he can fight his own battles I’m sure so get your head down

Ring Of Steel

Fuck off. I’m not starting anything, that’s a disgusting thing to say and I’m calling him out on it. Just because emotions are high doesn’t mean you aren’t accountable for your actions. Also he can fight his own battles I’m sure so get your head down

You’ll feel better when you’ve sobered up.

Nick

Administrator
Never understood how people can be so passionate about politics.

I mean football where they have grown up, usually watching their dad's love of it and then joining him as a kid. I get very passionate.

Getting all passionate about Johnson or Corbyn, nah I'm alright. Wouldn't trust either of them to babysit.

Ring Of Steel

I mean football where they have grown up, usually watching their dad's love of it and then joining him as a kid. I get very passionate.

Getting all passionate about Johnson or Corbyn, nah I'm alright. Wouldn't trust either of them to babysit.

I think it’s more hatred than passion, everyone seems to despise one & will let the other off anything. I deeply dislike both however Johnson i find much more sinister.

there is virtually no difference between politics and religion.

Nick

Administrator
I think it’s more hatred than passion, everyone seems to despise one & will let the other off anything. I deeply dislike both however Johnson i find much more sinister.

there is virtually no difference between politics and religion.

Don't particularly care for either.

I couldn't care less about either of the pricks too.

Astute

It is using a bad situation like we are now in to have a go at someone.

Have seen the buildup on here. The same ones that attacked Boris before are using it as an excuse again. Yes he isn't the person to lead the UK. But it is the experts that have been guiding him. Yet some in here kniw much more than the experts. Yet when you question what they say you never get a straight answer.

So why are none of the other parties having a go?

It is sick the way that some seem to be celebrating another chance to Boris bash. And it doesn't matter that thousands of people are dead.

Ring Of Steel

It is using a bad situation like we are now in to have a go at someone.

Have seen the buildup on here. The same ones that attacked Boris before are using it as an excuse again. Yes he isn't the person to lead the UK. But it is the experts that have been guiding him. Yet some in here kniw much more than the experts. Yet when you question what they say you never get a straight answer.

So why are none of the other parties having a go?

It is sick the way that some seem to be celebrating another chance to Boris bash. And it doesn't matter that thousands of people are dead.

i don’t think the others see it as an appropriate time to start having a serious pop at him, which is understandable.

Users who are viewing this thread