Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (25 Viewers)

clint van damme

As much as I think Hancock is useless I don't think this is on him.
Looks like he's going under the bus though, tough shit.

It’sabatch87

You lot keep moaning at Boris and and Hancock which is fair Enough but do you think the left/Labour would do things differently?
Please enlighten me if they’re so fantastic!!

skybluetony176

You lot keep moaning at Boris and and Hancock which is fair Enough but do you think the left/Labour would do things differently?
Please enlighten me if they’re so fantastic!!
They probably wouldn’t have spanked billions buying substandard PPE of their mates.
They probably wouldn’t have took track and trace of the NHS and given it to the wife of a Tory MP who’s track record is overseeing one of the biggest data breaches in history. Funnily enough it turned out to be crap and again cost billions.

Saddlebrains

This weeks the week then

If hospitalisations and deaths stay steady I think its game on.

They need to give us more info. What percentage of cases are people with No jab, 1 jab or 2 jabs?

Same for any hospitalisations.

You'd have a lot more backing of the public if it shows say 1 jab didn't give enough cover from being hospitalised

chiefdave

This weeks the week then

Bloody hope its good news. If we get through the end of this week and start of next week without hospitalisations increasing then we should be looking good. Was just looking at the stats and while cases have risen 49% in a week the number of tests conducted has dropped 23.4%. Bit surprised at that, would have through with the danger of the variant we'd be increasing testing if anything.

Timely reminder today that its not just the sick and old at risk. Someone I know who was early 40s and perfectly healthy had a positive test Friday and by Sunday was dead. Don't let your guard down, this really can get anyone.

oakey

This weeks the week then

They need to give us more info. What percentage of cases are people with No jab, 1 jab or 2 jabs?

Same for any hospitalisations.

You'd have a lot more backing of the public if it shows say 1 jab didn't give enough cover from being hospitalised
The BBC news announce those stats literally every day.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
The BBC news announce those stats literally every day.
I think he means what are the number of positive cases that are unvaccinated/1 jab/2 jabs. Same for hospitalisations.

I assume they're doing this analysis to understand effectiveness of vaccines, but don't think it's published anywhere?

Saddlebrains

I think he means what are the number of positive cases that are unvaccinated/1 jab/2 jabs. Same for hospitalisations.

I assume they're doing this analysis to understand effectiveness of vaccines, but don't think it's published anywhere?

Thats exactly what i mean.

If they release the data of how many people being hospitalised after one or 2 jabs then we can take a couple of weeks extra. The general public dont back the consensus of 'ooooo cases' anymore

jordan210

Yeah but have we had a new mutant danger strain in the paper?

Only mutants to be worried about are them Teenage mutant Ninja turtles !
giphy.gif

Saddlebrains

Cracking start.

We know Monday is usually a lag but if we can stay low on the hospitalisations and Deaths i cant see how they can spin it that we need to delay surely?

SBT

The media are going to be shitting themselves for when COVID goes.

It'll be bad for sales/ratings/clicks in some cases, but the economic upswing will be great for most outlets I would guess. Media execs will be delighted.

jordan210

The media are going to be shitting themselves for when COVID goes.

Scare sells. Just look at the scare mongers like Dr Hillary who will say anything to keep being on TV

Also helps that the Gov are currently the biggest advert buyers. So media are always going to play ball.

Nick

Administrator
Scare sells. Just look at the scare mongers like Dr Hillary who will say anything to keep being on TV

Also helps that the Gov are currently the biggest advert buyers. So media are always going to play ball.

Has that dickhead taken off from Piers Morgan now trying to scare everybody?

chiefdave

This is great news 0.024%

View attachment 20385
Presumably that's also good news for transmission. That subject seems to have gone quiet but there was a suggestion that those who had been vaccinated could still catch covid, be asymptomatic and pass it on to others?

If we're looking at such low numbers doesn't that imply that those who have been vaccinated don't get infected at all? Brilliant news if that's the case.

Users who are viewing this thread