Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (67 Viewers)

clint van damme

It’s sounding like getting the vaccine from source is likely to be a problem.

Reading between the lines there was always going to be an issue. This morning Zahawi basically admitted it. I don't know why they couldn't have been truthful from the start.
However, it still appears to be going well. It wasn't feasible to undertake a task of this size without issues along the way.

CCFCSteve

Reading between the lines there was always going to be an issue. This morning Zahawi basically admitted it. I don't know why they couldn't have been truthful from the start.
However, it still appears to be going well. It wasn't feasible to undertake a task of this size without issues along the way.

They have been to be fair Clint. Over the past couple of weeks (after majority of the network of vaccinations of centres were set up) they’ve kept saying we’re set up to do as many as supplies will allow us to.

There is also a fine balance though...slatting the companies that potentially have the country’s (worlds) lives in their hands, who are trying to roll out billions of vaccinations across the world as quickly as possible, isn’t a great look either.

hill83

clint van damme

They have been to be fair Clint. Over the past couple of weeks (after majority of the network of vaccinations of centres were set up) they’ve kept saying we’re set up to do as many as supplies will allow us to.

There is also a fine balance though...slatting the companies that potentially have the country’s (worlds) lives in their hands, who are trying to roll out billions of vaccinations across the world as quickly as possible, isn’t a great look either.

I don't agree Steve. I saw several interviews where ministers were asked why aren't we vaccinating 24/7, why aren't we using pharmacies and when they skated round the questions they were asked I'd there a problem with supply which they denied there was when.it was obvious. Still, we are where we are and as I said, it seems to be going pretty well.

hill83

I'm going to go with this for now:

“No idea where their number comes from. I know 8 percent is the percentage of people over 65 in the study, but not the efficacy. Not sure if the reporter got mixed up. MHRA would not approve a vaccine with 8 percent efficacy.”

Plus I don't know anything about German newspapers and which ones talk bollocks and which ones don't.

Claiming that then even though it's only something I read.

shmmeee

Jesus H Christ.

Well there’s a lesson from my Twitter bubble. So many people saying “Handselblat are credible, they’ve got a lot to lose if they’re wrong” and they’ve made what looks like a total schoolboy error.

CCFCSteve

I don't agree Steve. I saw several interviews where ministers were asked why aren't we vaccinating 24/7, why aren't we using pharmacies and when they skated round the questions they were asked I'd there a problem with supply which they denied there was when.it was obvious. Still, we are where we are and as I said, it seems to be going pretty well.

Agree there was strangely some reticence to start with (doesn’t make sense why as it’s out of the governments hands) but also they hadn’t got the centres fully up and running

Heard both Johnson and Whitty last week and Hancock last night suggest supply would be the main issue with roll out timescales. As you say though, we are where we are. As long as we’re in a position to administer as quickly as it lands I’d take that

shmmeee

Agree there was strangely some reticence to start with (doesn’t make sense why as it’s out of the governments hands) but also they hadn’t got the centres fully up and running

Heard both Johnson and Whitty last week and Hancock last night suggest supply would be the main issue with roll out timescales. As you say though, we are where we are. As long as we’re in a position to administer as quickly as it lands I’d take that

Its weird. It’s the only bottleneck that I’d excuse the government from responsibility as well. As long as we are vaccinating as quickly as we are getting the vaccine the govt is doing everything that could be asked of them IMO. Previous decisions on how much of what to buy are spilt milk at this point.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jesus H Christ.

Well there’s a lesson from my Twitter bubble. So many people saying “Handselblat are credible, they’ve got a lot to lose if they’re wrong” and they’ve made what looks like a total schoolboy error.

The worst German affront since I was served Schweinhaxe in place of Schweineschnitzel in a Berlin restaurant

David O'Day

ajsccfc

“Germany” admits though. It’s one newspaper. Not ‘Germany’. Fucking England and their headlines.

If the world is going to pick a newspaper to report on what's going on here there's really only one option

8f6524318368773791ab8c3eb5986292.jpg

jimmyhillsfanclub

Embarrassing noises currently coming from the EU regarding vaccines...its making them look like a bunch of incompetent panic merchants playing the blame game......

...I've just been reading about the German MEP who reckons it should be no problem getting exports the AZ vaccine from the UK into the EU......yet only a few weeks ago was warning that UK patients would die due to a lack of medical supplies as a result of brexit.....make your mind up Herr Liese...

Brighton Sky Blue

Embarrassing noises currently coming from the EU regarding vaccines...its making them look like a bunch of incompetent panic merchants playing the blame game......

...I've just been reading about the German MEP who reckons it should be no problem getting exports the AZ vaccine from the UK into the EU......yet only a few weeks ago was warning that UK patients would die due to a lack of medical supplies as a result of brexit.....make your mind up Herr Liese...

Least his country has more than 10 years to go

David O'Day

derp

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That’s sort of what I thought, another reason to 2nd jab in the recommended 3 - 4 weeks.
I’ve thought all along this would be the route to the obligatory government fuck up :unsure: and I still do.

Yep. Pleased with the vaccine rollout but that little voice in my head says this govt can and will find a way to fuck it up. They always do.

In this case I can see them focus on getting more people a first jab than ensuring the most vulnerable are given full protection by ensuring second jabs are set aside for them. And we end up with a population not having the level of immunity they should from the vaccine and this situation rolls on longer than it should (and all that implies in terms of lockdown and loss of economic activity) and/or requires even more vaccines to be bought as a top-up for those that didn't get the doses in the recommended timeframe.

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah, that’s why I wouldn’t be surprised if they started focussing on second jabs sooner, certainly before roll out to under 60s.
I’m expecting that and would applaud it if I’m honest. Vaccinate top 4 groups and then give the second one to those next. Mum has her date for start of April though so I assume everyone else has too

David O'Day

...oh look...it even quotes Herr Liese.....maybe hes a member of the DERP party.

It clearly quoyes him talking about AZ saying there are only issue in the EU supply line and nowhere else

" But one German EU lawmaker, Peter Liese, told Reuters the statement that there were difficulties in the EU supply chain but not elsewhere was "flimsy" and there should be "no problem to get the vaccine from the UK to the continent". "

Not exactly what you were saying now was it Barry.

chiefdave

Hopefully nothing or just an admin thing but my surgery, who have been doing 800 plus a day, have said they won’t be carrying out anymore vaccinations until authorised by NHS England.

Users who are viewing this thread