Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (35 Viewers)

covmark

Office car park was about half full yesterday to be fair. Maybe I’m being harsh.
Yeah maybe. The seriousness of the situation seems to have sunk in with more people the last few days.
My daughters school are ready to close. They are asking permission from the authorities to keep a class open for children of NHS and vital services staff. Nice touch and very necessary I think.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

better days

London is incredible
Loads of people out and about especially in the parks
But far more people have the virus than the official figures say as once they self-isolate they aren't tested but simply asked to ride it out with paracetamol and wait for 7 days after they feel better before going out again

clint van damme

Fucking tell me about it.

US cases are going to skyrocket now test kits are going out. Atlanta had 50 for 900,000 people ffs.

There’s blood on his hands...and on the hands of the fucking useless experts that initially said you couldn’t catch it off of surfaces.

Day of prayer should sort it. That and more guns....

cc84cov

Fucking tell me about it.

US cases are going to skyrocket now test kits are going out. Atlanta had 50 for 900,000 people ffs.

There’s blood on his hands...and on the hands of the fucking useless experts that initially said you couldn’t catch it off of surfaces.
That’s what happens when these fools get elected

clint van damme

Yeah maybe. The seriousness of the situation seems to have sunk in with more people the last few days.
My daughters school are ready to close. They are asking permission from the authorities to keep a class open for children of NHS and vital services staff. Nice touch and very necessary I think.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The skeleton staff for children of key workers will be vital.
Just think, kids all over the country pissed off they're going to school and wishing their dad was a forklift driver instead of a surgeon.

David O'Day

The skeleton staff for children of key workers will be vital.
Just think, kids all over the country pissed off they're going to school and wishing their dad was a forklift driver instead of a surgeon.
The welsh government are looking at doing that

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

What makes you say no one is taking it seriously?
Roads seem fairly empty? I'm going out for a walk shortly. I'll let you know my observations!

They're saying London tube use is down 50% and bus use 40%. Worrying how many people travel into London to work though, UK is incredibly centralised in that respect which makes our potential problems far worse.

djr8369

Some people seem to not get what happens during a lock down.

Even in lockdown someone people will be leaving their houses legitimately.

I think people understand that. Various posters from across Europe have been talking about their experiences and saying you can go out for food, certain jobs still need doing etc..

Brighton Sky Blue

Schools to be closed after Friday except for children of NHS staff and 'vulnerable' people. Have no idea how we're going to work that one out practically.

Philosorapter

Have to say I was on the Subway yesterday and there was a cleaning crew in the carriage wiping down everything whilst it was on the move.

This just doesn't happen usually.

Tommo1993

All this has seemingly made the roads significantly quieter. Kept all the berks off the road, makes my job a little easier.

David O'Day

I see Gary Neville has announced that his hotel company are handing over their hotels to the NHS from Sunday.
Also announced no hotel staff will be losing their jobs or asked to take unpaid leave.
Amazing gesture. Hang your head in shame Branson you money grabbing wank.
Red Nev, good bloke

David O'Day

Won't there have to be a wait of months while its tested? They can't just go 'that works' and give it to everyone only to realise 6 months later there's a fatal side effect.
Yeah the us trial has jumped to human testing at it could be at least 6 months yet

Walsgrave

Right decision to close schools, but it was absurd to ever presuppose that they were 'safe' environments. Schools that missed out on Building Schools for the Future funding are in tatters, and are a haven for asbestos among other things.

Last edited:

Great_Expectations

Not had a chance to catch up with the thread, so apologies if it has been mentioned, but I’ve been told that London will enter lockdown on Friday.

My intention isn’t to scaremonger, but to give people time to prepare and make any necessary decisions before then.

ccfc92

Not had a chance to catch up with the thread, so apologies if it has been mentioned, but I’ve been told that London will enter lockdown on Friday.

My intention isn’t to scaremonger, but to give people time to prepare and make any necessary decisions before then.

This is picking up pace. Military on the streets too.

Brighton Sky Blue

I am pretty furious with having all the work I have put in to my Year 11 and 13 classes basically getting tossed. All of their work too.

I also have no idea how we are going to simultaneously cater for the small number of children coming in and for the vast majority who will be at home. We are getting shat on from a great height.

Nick

Administrator
I am pretty furious with having all the work I have put in to my Year 11 and 13 classes basically getting tossed. All of their work too.

I also have no idea how we are going to simultaneously cater for the small number of children coming in and for the vast majority who will be at home. We are getting shat on from a great height.

I dont envy you.

Although if they parents are at the NHS, won't the kids be at risk of carrying it and then going in where the teachers are?

Also, anybody tried to work from home with kids?

ccfc92

Would closing schools completely be better, in your opinion?

(Genuine question)

djr8369

I feel for you but what would be your preferred outcome?

Nick

Administrator
On the news, woman just asked Boris about how long will things be closed and in Scotland they are talking about 6 months until after the holidays!

CCFCSteve

Didn’t you want to close schools BSB (sorry if I’ve misunderstood) ? I can only imagine how frustrating it is but surely it’s right that key workers kids and vulnerable kids are somehow still catered for ?

Brighton Sky Blue

Would closing schools completely be better, in your opinion?

(Genuine question)

Either keep them open or shut them entirely. This half way proposal with schools struggling for staffing as it is, is going to leave us unable to adequately cater for both groups of children. I fully get the difficulties involved for childcare arrangements but I am already being asked to provide digital lessons from home and to do that alongside in school provision is nearly impossible. It isn't fair, sorry to sound fussy or for those on here who are in the health service and have kids at school.

We want to do the best by our students and we will really struggle to do that with these arrangements.

Users who are viewing this thread