Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (45 Viewers)

stupot07

Doubled down primary school parents should send them to school apart from London and south east

Schools are safe
Risks tiny
To pupils and staff! Don’t see how he can say that

Saga can’t open schools and on top of new variant

Johnson says evidence not clear - he’s waiting to see if it’s going to work. He’s such an idiot

Driven by public health. He doesn’t accept schools need to be shut to get on top of it

Talking long term damages mental health deprivation etc other consequences

What’s he going to do to Brighton? No legal action this time

No doubt in his mind schools are safe

He says we’ve kept them open!!!! He hasn’t - teachers have

He’s still in hopeful optimism mode - tit he doesn’t learn

Local authority’s are going there own way. He doesn’t accept this and for public health reasons they should keep primary schools open

Again we are ramping up testing - who is we?? He’s not testing anything

Few weeks and months before vaccine is in place.

Will they open on. 18th? Can’t guarantee it.

Exam question now. Need to be realistic about spread of new variant. Didnt really answer about exams. Maybe tougher in different areas of the country using the same set of tools

Tier 5? Obviously a range of tougher measures but he’s not going to speculate about them

57000 cases today so when ?? Pm very difficult months. Bumbling now and didn’t answer exams

Tougher restrictions not yet!! Knob head

Vaccines thought 30m then down to 4m

He didn’t know the numbers ready to go but it wasn’t anywhere near that much.

Need to be 2m a week - praised the Astra Zeneca vaccine but didn’t give assurances of getting to this point. Everyone working flat out. Promised tens of millions in the next few months

Talk about how we got here

July -,report in the winter. Have you read it? Danger of mutation - warned in advance - stop community transmission and we didn’t

Be clear the government has done everything it could but new variant has messed everything up.

He’s now talking about lockdown all year. Marr being pretty good on this show.

He’s pretty much saying the deaths were a price to pay for keeping the economy going. He’s probably right

Blaming the mutation but marr had already pointed out the report said this was sensible to consider

He really doesn’t want to act he’s a hopeless optimist. He’s challenged him now saying he’s waiting too long each time

He’s saying yes really they are reticent to lockdown
Sage has said they don't think we can hold the new variant back without closing schools. Boris waffles on about 'other public health experts'.

Behind the curve with every single decision.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

He is a hopeless optimist that’s his problem!! It is a good character trait but you need a hard headed decision maker at this time in the nation

He genuinely thinks they’ve done a good job

SBAndy

Local authority’s are going there own way. He doesn’t accept this and for public health reasons they should keep primary schools open

How can it ever be argued that schools should remain open for public health reasons? Groundbreaking stupidity from the clown-in-chief.

Brighton Sky Blue

If schools are safe then why am I teaching in a box, the children and staff wearing masks everywhere and not allowed to walk freely around the site in different buildings? If they are safe why does one case in a year group have the ability to infect 150-200 households?

The truth is he is a libertarian who wants to let it rip and for everyone to do their own thing. Despite having been to hospital himself with this he isn’t getting the message. Now it looks like he is fucking up the rollout of a vaccine. Scientists have busted their arses to achieve one and all he had to do was calmly order it and make sure people got it. Looks like he can’t even do that.

How on Earth can anyone still support these people?

hill83

My ex works in Logistics for *insert company name here*, which in turn supplies trucks to companies that deliver food and pharmaceutical goods.
Can't stop that either.

hill83

My Auntie is a nurse at walsgrave. My uncle works for age uk and shops for vulnerable people not in care homes.

hill83

My mate works for severn trent dealing in the upkeep of sewage treatment plants. Can't stop that.

Grendel

What is your suggestion?

People carry on working as they are doing in every other part of the globe. You have COVID guidelines which does mean adapting work behaviours (working in a box as you call it) constant temperature checks and restrictions on visitors but that’s all you can do

I have to go to London Birmingham and possibly Hartlepool next week

Brighton Sky Blue

People carry on working as they are doing in every other part of the globe. You have COVID guidelines which does mean adapting work behaviours (working in a box as you call it) constant temperature checks and restrictions on visitors but that’s all you can do

I have to go to London Birmingham and possibly Hartlepool next week

You do understand that in schools the children in year group bubbles are allowed to mix like there is no virus going around? Our case numbers and deaths are going through the roof.

Grendel

Then I might not have a job to go back to and my boss may not have a business.

Exactly the private sectors are very different to public ones.

hill83

You do understand that in schools the children in year group bubbles are allowed to mix like there is no virus going around? Our case numbers and deaths are going through the roof.

Yes and it's a shit situation. I'd prefer schools to be closed and some free time off to look after my son.

I've had an absolute shit year of it work wise. I've had 1 day off since 14th December. A £5k paycut, and I still have to go into an office.
Do I moan, well yes I am right now. Have you stopped moaning for the last 9 months? Have you bollocks.

Starting to piss me off.

Grendel

In one place at work I deal with 75% of the workforce of around 12 have it or have had it - they still had to have people in or the business would collapse - big companies must be rife with it but people carry on as many have not the same options

Brighton Sky Blue

In one place at work I deal with 75% of the workforce of around 12 have it or have had it - they still had to have people in or the business would collapse - big companies must be rife with it but people carry on as many have not the same options

So it is down to the government to provide more relief for those made to shut through no fault of their own

hill83

Conveniently ignoring the mention of all industries that can't stop, for even a day.

Users who are viewing this thread