Coronavirus (CCFC Related) (3 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Andy Hearn on Strava is the club's head of sports science. They've got a decent sized team of fitness staff now. Tbf given the number of late goals we've scored I'd say they're doing a good job.

Mcbean

Spain looking to relax things soon how far behind will we be ?
Massive risk - I hope we get another 2 - 3 weeks as it needs killing out here ( I realise how unpopular that would be ) wouldn’t want to waste all that work over the last three weeks

Magwitch

Spain looking to relax things soon how far behind will we be ?
I reckon it will be mid May at the earliest before we do that and then it will very staggered might get some shops like D.I.Y. and garden centres open soon under controlled environments.

Flying Fokker

Massive risk - I hope we get another 2 - 3 weeks as it needs killing out here ( I realise how unpopular that would be ) wouldn’t want to waste all that work over the last three weeks
And we are being told this is the first wave.

Covkid1968#

Italy saying bars and restaurants not opening till there is a cure. Cure is 12 months away .... so it will be interesting to hear what are they and ultimately CCFC going to do do about crowds at football matches. We may not see attended games happening until the end of the year!!! So next season impacted aswell.

SkyblueBri

It's looking more and more unlikely we will finish this season, unless we have a major impact on next. I still think at the end of the day the EFL will have to go for either status quo with no relegation and then increase relegation places next year, or a average points based finish for remaining games. The latter could lead to all sorts of leagal challenges.

clint van damme

Italy saying bars and restaurants not opening till there is a cure. Cure is 12 months away .... so it will be interesting to hear what are they and ultimately CCFC going to do do about crowds at football matches. We may not see attended games happening until the end of the year!!! So next season impacted aswell.

There's a rumour on social media that leaked report says all football in Italy will be behind closed doors until January 2021.
I wonder if @Sick Boy has heard anything?

Sick Boy

There's a rumour on social media that leaked report says all football in Italy will be behind closed doors until January 2021.
Not heard anything mate, the last news I heard was ending the season and awarding the title Juve but they said they would refuse it. Not heard anything about playing behind closed doors in terms of dates.

Grendel

Wouldn’t be surprised in one way but the Italian economy is all but shot and the government has failed to get the support it wanted from the EU so I actually can’t see how the continued policy can work

Otis

Not heard anything mate, the last news I heard was ending the season and awarding the title Juve but they said they would refuse it. Not heard anything about playing behind closed doors in terms of dates.
I see they only lead by one single point. How many games are left?

Sick Boy

Where’ve you seen that about bars and restaurants?

Sick Boy

Wouldn’t be surprised in one way but the Italian economy is all but shot and the government has failed to get the support it wanted from the EU so I actually can’t see how the continued policy can work
The measures around staff have actually been far kinder to small and medium sized businesses compared to what the UK has in place, without them it would be a disaster.

The coronabonds decision has actually been delayed rather than outright rejected too.

SkyBlueCharlie9

One option might be ban relegation promote teams clearly in automatic positions (based on PPG). Then teams within 5 points of play offs do a mini knockout cup at one neutral venue (behind closed doors) to determine playoff winner. Arguably the fairest solution with quickest resolution and least chance of being legally challenged.
Still can't believe the league's, UEFA or FIFA had no rule for the eventuality of a league having to stop part way through.

Users who are viewing this thread