Conor Chaplin (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Actually, Ponticelli had a better goals to minute ratio than McNulty last season!

Perhaps it’s not clear, but my point was that goals to minutes as a substitute doesn’t necessarily translate into prolific goalscoring. Chaplin’s goals per minute before this season had a 1 in 2 strikerate and right now is a 1 in 4 striker. Let’s not forget that Chaplin’s record is over 100+ appearances and JP has done it over 25. The two can’t be compared.

Bakayoko at current moment has the best minutes per goal in the club and better than McNulty and JP...

It’s ironic because the vast majority of fans would be absolutely disgusted had we not bothered to replace McNulty and left JP to lead the line this year. Ponticelli is one for the future, not the present.

steve82

Perhaps it’s not clear, but my point was that goals to minutes as a substitute doesn’t necessarily translate into prolific goalscoring. Chaplin’s goals per minute before this season had a 1 in 2 strikerate and right now is a 1 in 4 striker. Let’s not forget that Chaplin’s record is over 100+ appearances and JP has done it over 25. The two can’t be compared.

Bakayoko at current moment has the best minutes per goal in the club and better than McNulty and JP...

It’s ironic because the vast majority of fans would be absolutely disgusted had we not bothered to replace McNulty and left JP to lead the line this year. Ponticelli is one for the future, not the present.

Yes the stats can be useful and say Connor Chaplin has ability in front of goal and more a predictor in the box and is relatively proven as a super sub tho at L2 level more so than L1.
What the stats don’t say is how he can perform over the 90 mins to which he’s raw still in that side of development. Now MR is pretty good at handling this aspect of younger players games.

His time will come here, just won’t be overnight with the way we play currently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nonleagueherewecome

T

He scored twice when starting against both Crawley and Maidenhead. 4 Goals in 6 starts, 2 goals in 23 sub appearances last season. Of those sub goals, one, against Walsall, was when he came on at half time. If the stats suggest anything, it's that he's far more effective when starting than when used as a sub.

Users who are viewing this thread