Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (2 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Free Conor Chaplin
Free, Free, Free, Conor Chaplin
Free Conor Chaplin
Twenty-one years in captivity
His shoes too small to fit his feet
His body abused but his mind is still free
Are you so blind that you cannot see

I say Free Conor Chaplin
I'm begging you
Free Conor Chaplin

He pleaded the causes of the ANC
Only one man in a large army
Are you so deaf that you cannot hear his plea

Free Conor Chaplin
I'm begging you Free Conor Chaplin

Twenty-one years in captivity
Are you so deaf that you cannot hear
Are you so dumb that you cannot speak

I say Free Conor Chaplin
I'm begging you
Oh free Conor Chaplin, free
Conor Chaplin I'm begging you
begging you Please free Conor Chaplin
free Conor Chaplin
I'm telling you, you've got to free Conor Chaplin

No1SkyBlueFan

Looks like we have got our man finally

He's set to join Coventry on an initial loan deal, which will become permanent in January hallelujah!

Covkid1968#

He's set to join Coventry on an initial loan deal, which will become permanent in January hallelujah!

Horrible sinking feeling this thread isn't going to get to 100 now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forever_Blue

After carefully studying this clip I have come to the conclusion there is no relevance to the topic. Indeed, it appears to be merely a ploy to pad out an already lengthy thread.

That said I will just check it out a couple more times to make sure I haven’t missed anything.
She’s wearing a sky blue top?

NortonSkyBlue

I am delighted we are signing a player on loan, who must be the best player I have never seen.
Lets hope its not a case of hype over substance.

cc84cov

Haven’t seen anything new in the media not sure where you’ve seeen this any links ?

Mr Panda might know more tho ???

Nonleagueherewecome

I love Jasper Carrott. Some of his jokes are of the time, but some are as relevant today as they were then.

And The Detectives was one of the most under-rated sitcoms of its day.

Edit: to keep it on topic, blah blah Conor Chaplin.
We are kindred nostalgia spirits!

I liked the one about the fish and the castle. And the "dickhead" gesture when driving, hee hee.

Favourite Detectives ep was the one with Birmingham City being in the cup final and Jasper ending up the hostage of an escaped con, his main concern for the entire ordeal being to get free to watch the match.

Also seem to remember him and Powell generally being very bumbling, whereas their gaffer was an intense chap living inside The Sweeney.

Gibbo

We are kindred nostalgia spirits!

I liked the one about the fish and the castle. And the "dickhead" gesture when driving, hee hee.

Favourite Detectives ep was the one with Birmingham City being in the cup final and Jasper ending up the hostage of an escaped con, his main concern for the entire ordeal being to get free to watch the match.

Flip side of Funky Moped was the Magic Roundabout skit - very good

pfceggchaser

Finally looks like this is happening, he will play in the number 10 for you week in, week out - he is the McNulty replacement. Good luck to him, he needs a new start. The way this has dragged out hasn't been in anybody's interest. Deal will be made permanent in January.

My only concern for yourselves would be if you've got a number 9 who can step up. Biamou is a big loss for you I feel. I watched Bakayoko at Walsall several times last year, and I can't believe you spent £200k on him. He's absolutely crap.

Would guess Clarke-Harris or Hiwula will be leading the line with him playing behind.

edgy

With the caveat that I've not seen Chaplin play, I keep reading "there's no way Chaplin can play up front on his own, he'll have to play off a bigger striker". Whilst I'm not saying he will be deployed on his own, it seems a bit naive to suggest a short player (that's what it sounds like people are insinuating) can't play up top on his own, for the majority of his time with us Armstrong (5 foot 7) played up front on his own.

Those comments have come from Pompey fans. They've seen him play. Apparently hasn't had any joy as a 10 either. He's described as a Defoe or Little Pea type, that thrives next to a No9

ccfchoi87

Finally looks like this is happening, he will play in the number 10 for you week in, week out - he is the McNulty replacement. Good luck to him, he needs a new start. The way this has dragged out hasn't been in anybody's interest. Deal will be made permanent in January.

My only concern for yourselves would be if you've got a number 9 who can step up. Biamou is a big loss for you I feel. I watched Bakayoko at Walsall several times last year, and I can't believe you spent £200k on him. He's absolutely crap.

Would guess Clarke-Harris or Hiwula will be leading the line with him playing behind.

We have a 10. Don't see where Chaplin fits to be honest.

Londonccfcfan

Some sensible folk on here after seeing him play once realy rate Bakayoko apparantly.

Good to get a unbiased pompy fans view.

But how dare you make judgement of our record signing of recent years ans say after just 3 games he is absolutely crap.

Covstu

I think we have too many forwards already but trust MR as he has been chasing him from the start since MM left.

Nick

Administrator
Some sensible folk on here after seeing him play once realy rate Bakayoko apparantly.

Good to get a unbiased pompy fans view.

But how dare you make judgement of our record signing of recent years ans say after just 3 games he is absolutely crap.

Chaplin had better hope he gets off to a flier, if he misses a chance or doesn't score every other game at least he is going to wish he was back down south the way some of our fans are.

Let's hope he can win some headers.

Terry_dactyl

Not all Pompey fans rate him that highly. I’ve been told that we shouldn’t expect too much (assuming he’s signing). However, I understand he’s very good in the box and has an eye for goal. Obviously isn’t going to win too many headers for us.
As I’ve said previously I’ve seen him a few times and was always impressed.
It seems to me that we will have a bit of variation up top which can only be a good thing.
I also think it’s a real shame that max is out. I would say they would have been a well suited partnership.

pfceggchaser

This time it is happening. We are about to boost our squad with 3 players. We've recalled a lad at Bognor as back-up, so we don't have less than 3 'traditional forwards', are trying to sign 2 new left wingers with pace, one being Andre Green, and are converting another of our wingers into a striker as well, seeing as that is where he has excelled so far this season, rather than the role we originally signed him for, which was also the left wing.

We also may be letting out one more CM before the deadline seeing as we now have 7 players there for 2, possibly 3 positions depending on the opposition.

We will be getting the ball wide and crossing it, and looking to exploit slow defences. Chaplin doesn't really fit either of those game strategies. He's not tall or quick enough for Jackett. To put it into context, the likes of Jones would be very highly thought of by KJ, and got into the team, with Bayliss more advanced. He'd prefer a Hiwula or JCH in his team leading the line.

Cook rated Chaplin more I think, but preferred a more creative player behind an athletic striker. Chaplin is your old fashioned goal poacher with good movement in and around the 18 yard box and therefore needs a platform to play off of where a team has the lions share of possession, which is why Cook probably rated him marginally more than Jackett, but he was bigger on footballers unlocking the door with passing football. Again, to put it into the context of your own squad, Cook would prefer an Andreu to a Chaplin.

He is what you need though I reckon. Think Robins may well be wanting a Chaplin to sniff and get goals, because if I'm honest, as an outside looking in, there aren't enough of them in your team.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I liked his dad. Charlie. Funny man. Silly walk.

Warwickhunt

if we don't get the ball into the box at his feet he will not score! MR has got to change his playing philosophy to get the best out of this young lad and boring the shit out of the opposition will not help Chaplins cause. Some previous comments saying Cody Mcdonald has been released by AFC Wimbledon is a perfect example! this guy can score goals at this level but the way AFC Wimbledon play detracts from his game thus they think he's shit and they let him go on a free. Take Ponticeli for example i would say he is one of the best clinical finishers we have got but we have still not seen us play the ball to him in the box! he is not a fucking Giraffe and therefore will not get the ball down to even get a glimmer of a chance

Users who are viewing this thread