Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (8 Viewers)

AVWskyblue

What on earth are you waffling on about? ;)

1. Everyone knows he was poor for Walsall. We all know that, we all accept that. This is just someone else coming on here and saying he was really poor for Walsall. Why are you using that as some kind of vindication? Odd.

2. Who on here really rates Bakayoko so far for us? Has anyone said they really rate him? Anyone at all? I personally have never ever said I rate him. The 'sensible' thing I think is a dig at me. Never said I rate him at all though.

Some have already come to the conclusion he is crap and the rest have said we need to give him time and at least try and play to his strengths.

I bet if anyone has said they really rate him it will be 1 person tops, 2 at an absolute push.

Do you think Bakayoko has been crap in every game for us, out of interest?
Personally I believe with the right coaching, and learning what to expect from his teamates style of play he will develop and become a useful player for us Otis. MR knows how to help /school a striker I trust him to work his magic

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Personally I believe with the right coaching, and learning what to expect from his teamates style of play he will develop and become a useful player for us Otis. MR knows how to help /school a striker I trust him to work his magic

Did Robins even want to sign Baka ? Or was it the recruitment team ?

usskyblue

The clocks ticking

giphy.gif

Otis

Yup. I have stood by Robins and Robins has said he believes he will become a fans' favourite. Sure, he has had a go at him in ONE game, but there have been plenty of others Robins has had a go at too in his time here and very good players at at that.. He even had a go about a number of the younger players at the start of this season, but didn't actually name names.

If Robins believes he will be a favourite amongst fans I think we have to at least give him a chance and cut him a bit of slack. It's still so, so early into the season to make final judgements upon a player.

Great_Expectations

As has been said before I think he would work in a 4-2-3-1, with the right three behind him. If all can play football and look for his runs, that should work. Or even more attacking would be Andreu as part of the two alongside Doyle/Ogogo/Kelly, which would make us more attacking, but also a better footballing and creative team. And more reminiscent of the TM team that dominated L1 (for half a season, granted).

Equally if he’s a poacher, as long as the two wingers are fairly advanced, making a front three when attacking, again it will work.

In a 4-4-2, it sounds as though he’d work next to a big man, so JCH. It might even bring the best out in him as well, so could be a double positive.

Either way, MR has waited this long (assuming Bakayoko wasn’t a panic buy), so I’m sure he’s worth it. His record with signing strikers is on the whole positive.

My only worry is the expectations of our fans, especially considering the inpatience and subsequent moronic views expressed at times.

christonabike

Don’t worry on that count plenty are jumping on the backs of a few players already. Best he joined a queue.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
View attachment 10431

Green has moved to Pompey. Surely Chaplin deal is done for Cov.
These pictures crack me up. They always show a new player (or manager) proudly holding a club scarf over their heads as if they've been a life-long supporter of that club. To me, it's just tacky and cringeworthy. Why not show a picture of them shaking hands with the chairman or similar. That would be more business-like! If you were to ask a new player or manager why they joined a club, I doubt many would say it was for their love of the club! They probably don't even know the club song, the club history, what the mascot is etc, etc...
Rant over.
:emoji_angry:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

These pictures crack me up. They always show a new player (or manager) proudly holding a club scarf over their heads as if they've been a life-long supporter of that club. To me, it's just tacky and cringeworthy. Why not show a picture of them shaking hands with the chairman or similar. That would be more business-like! If you were to ask a new player or manager why they joined a club, I doubt many would say it was for their love of the club! They probably don't even know the club song, the club history, what the mascot is etc, etc...
Rant over.
:emoji_angry:
Or be honest and say I'm only here for the money.

Well not at CCFC that is !

giphy.gif

Skyblueweeman

A Pompey supporting mate just messaged me to say it looks like it’s happening tomorrow.

EDIT: Just beaten by ISSS’s post above!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gint11

Good stuff. Hopefully get this over the line tomorrow. I must say, Chaplin, Andreu, Jones, Bayliss and Thomas is a tasty forward line...

Covkid1968#

Purely on the strength of this I’m going to subject my son to another game this Saturday...,.welcome To the madhouse Conor.

Users who are viewing this thread