Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (4 Viewers)

TewkesburySkyBlue

SOZ M8 EYE w1LL LEev IT FR0M Nw oN

All joking aside, I don't care if it's a football forum or not, I like taking the piss out of people who can't write properly and by extension probably can't speak properly.

Frees Peach and all that

Edit: Even then if only when people say 'of' instead of 'have' really winds me up for some reason.
Nothing wrong with the grammar police it does my head in abuse of the English language !

GaryJones

Shud bee deffo shurley!

Loughborough Sky Blue

At times this forum reminds me of the Facebook post which goes round all the time:

7H15 M3554G3

53RV35 7O PR0V3

H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N

D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!

1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!

1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG

17 WA5 H4RD BU17

N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3

Y0UR M1ND 1S

R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY

W17H0U7 3V3N

7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,

B3 PROUD! 0NLY

C3R741N P30PL3 C4N

R3AD 7H15!

PL3453 F0RW4RD 1F

U C4N R34D 7H15.

rob9872

Moor pacifically wee shud of brought him buy know

Leamington Pete

It’s the their, there, they’re one which winds me up. Every school in the land teaches how to write these correctly. It’s not that difficult!

Anyway, what was this thread about again?

JimmyHillsbeard

Jackett is turning his attention to Portsmouth fans. Most of them think Chaplin is one of their own and has been treated badly by the football club. If the manager can establish that 1) he wants to leave 2) the club are not going to weaken their squad st the expense of a rival and thus want to replace before selling to another L1 club then he is likely to buy himself some time from a Pompey fan base that may otherwise be hard to please.

He’s prepared to not sell an asset and call out a player for a bad attitude (when it seems to me that Chaplin has exhibited quite a good attitude throughout tbh). He’s also hoping that chaplin might Come to appreciate that his chances at Pompey might be as good as with another club who have just signed a new striker from a Prem club.

It might look odd from our perspective but his manner does seem understandable from the POV of his own job security.

eastwoodsdustman

Jackett is turning his attention to Portsmouth fans. Most of them think Chaplin is one of their own and has been treated badly by the football club. If the manager can establish that 1) he wants to leave 2) the club are not going to weaken their squad st the expense of a rival and thus want to replace before selling to another L1 club then he is likely to buy himself some time from a Pompey fan base that may otherwise be hard to please.

He’s prepared to not sell an asset and call out a player for a bad attitude (when it seems to me that Chaplin has exhibited quite a good attitude throughout tbh). He’s also hoping that chaplin might Come to appreciate that his chances at Pompey might be as good as with another club who have just signed a new striker from a Prem club.

It might look odd from our perspective but his manner does seem understandable from the POV of his own job security.
He sounds like he's grasping at straws to me. Looks like he's alienated himself from the player and now from the fans by not being fair with him. Still have a sneaking suspicion that we'll sign him.

Skyblueweeman

The situation is still the same. The only difference is KJ has said he can leave.

Until they get a replacement though, he's going nowhere. No real difference in the situation.

I guess they might agree a fee and let us speak to him whilst they try and get a replacement.

Nick

Administrator
The situation is still the same. The only difference is KJ has said he can leave.

Until they get a replacement though, he's going nowhere. No real difference in the situation.

I guess they might agree a fee and let us speak to him whilst they try and get a replacement.

Apparently all terms were agreed before with him and his agent until Pompey started moving the goalposts.

GaryJones

Come on Portsmouth Chaplin & CCFC we cant have this thread stalling at 49 pages for fucks sake!

better days

Apparently all terms were agreed before with him and his agent until Pompey started moving the goalposts.
Sounds like they tried a last minute gazumping thinking we'd be desperate
Robins seems to have called their bluff
Suspect the 10 shirt is being held for Chaplin - all part of showing a main target they are in first 11

Ricketts

The one thing that leaps out at me from this post is the missing capitalisation of Chaplin's name, so you capitalised the next 'C' that came along.

usskyblue

chaplin might Come

giphy.gif

Captain Dart

Just stop now, you're only trying to get this non-event thread up to 50 pages, I know your tactics. (all properly punctuated)
Why stop at 50?

Users who are viewing this thread