Confirmed northampton (1 Viewer)

I have supported the sky blues since 1963, when I was 19 years old. I worked for the club from 1971 to 1974 on match days at Highfield Road with a little stall in the main stand at the top of the stairs above the shop selling flags, badges, programmes, etc. just for free entrance to the matches. Great memories of finishing 6th in 1970 and gaining entry to the European inter-city Fairs Cup, as it was then. Memories of great managers at Highfield Road - Bertie Mee, Don Revie, Brian Clough, Bill Shankly and many others. What about our managers - the great Jimmy Hill then Noel Cantwell and Gordon Milne who laid the foundations, in my view, for our prolonged stay in the top flight.

1987 was the pinnacle when we won the FA Cup but were robbed of playing again in Europe. My 7 year old was on my shoulders for the whole match at Wembley, and that got him hooked on the City. I am crying as I write this as Richardson and co started the rot and this has been continued by SISU who now, with 20/20 hindsight, were only ever going to strip the clubs assets (that's what hedge funds do).

Even though living in the North West, as does my boy, we went to City matches in Coventry as often as we could, and certainly all of the NW games. If it's true that my team is to play home games outside of the city then that's me done. I will not contribute to these asset strippers any more - I couldn't. It really is the straw that broke the donkeys back for me.

wozey

I'm in total disbelief I've not got much to say other then I can't go to watch football next season for the first time in my life and that's fucking hurting me right now, fisher don't ever try to justify this you said West Midlands and correct me if I'm wrong but that shit hole isn't in the West Midlands is it

Tonylinc

I have supported the sky blues since 1963, when I was 19 years old. I worked for the club from 1971 to 1974 on match days at Highfield Road with a little stall in the main stand at the top of the stairs above the shop selling flags, badges, programmes, etc. just for free entrance to the matches. Great memories of finishing 6th in 1970 and gaining entry to the European inter-city Fairs Cup, as it was then. Memories of great managers at Highfield Road - Bertie Mee, Don Revie, Brian Clough, Bill Shankly and many others. What about our managers - the great Jimmy Hill then Noel Cantwell and Gordon Milne who laid the foundations, in my view, for our prolonged stay in the top flight.

1987 was the pinnacle when we won the FA Cup but were robbed of playing again in Europe. My 7 year old was on my shoulders for the whole match at Wembley, and that got him hooked on the City. I am crying as I write this as Richardson and co started the rot and this has been continued by SISU who now, with 20/20 hindsight, were only ever going to strip the clubs assets (that's what hedge funds do).

Even though living in the North West, as does my boy, we went to City matches in Coventry as often as we could, and certainly all of the NW games. If it's true that my team is to play home games outside of the city then that's me done. I will not contribute to these asset strippers any more - I couldn't. It really is the straw that broke the donkeys back for me.
I too feel your pain mate: I really do. For me too this is the last straw.

Cigarfingers

Just so hurt and gutted over this announcement. It's unbelievable that its been allowed to get this far. The football league are a bunch of self serving pigs if this gets rubber stamped. They will prove they have no regard for the fans of the game & only care passionately about filling their fifthly little pockets.

RIP old friend, missing you already

#SISUOUT
#NOPM

Brighton Sky Blue

Very heartfelt that WSB, you are far from the only one with those sentiments.

procdoc

I think this line from Bob Dylan's 'A Hard Rains A Gonna Fall' sums up our owner Joy Seppala, especially the last line:

Where the home in the valley meets the damp dirty prison, Where the executioner's face is always well hidden

georgehudson

it will be interesting, alarming, or distressing etc.,
to see just what this course of action will unleash,
i'd guess that there will be, some,
watching their back,
as for TF & crew, imho, their credibility has been blown completely

NTFC

Our fans formed the first ever Supporters Trust in 1992 so we can hardly stand by if our club is collaborating with SISU. Keep us posted on any boycott and I will share the info with our fans.

derbyskyblue

well sisu can fook the fook off. :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

SBT

Absolutely heartbroken at this news. Leaving the country at the end of August and had hoped to squeeze in as many matches as possible with my family before I go, can't really justify that now. Hard to believe the club will survive three years in the wilderness.

Wish it was easy to just support a new club I would be gone like a shot, can't take anymore shit

I did try supporting Wigan when I first moved here. My son attended their school of excellence for 2 years, but neither of us could change allegiance - it is impossible. We're going to Fleetwood but, if this news proves true, then for us it will be the end, we will be lost to club football for good.

Just to correct my original post, I was 10 in 1963, I missed the correct number because of my misty eyes.

wingy

Absolutely heartbroken at this news. Leaving the country at the end of August and had hoped to squeeze in as many matches as possible with my family before I go, can't really justify that now. Hard to believe the club will survive three years in the wilderness.
Was IT Gibraltar SBT ,just enjoy the weather and find a team in Sky Blue.

Brighton Sky Blue

Posting about this on another general football forum and some people have actually replied saying they think it's hilarious. Makes it easier for me to give up on English football with such fucktards around.

Nonleagueherewecome

I go away from the internet for 5 hours and this happens...bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blue: :blue: :blue:

elephanttears

All these people saying "its the end for me" and "i wont go again" bollocks you make me sick. You call yourselves fans of a club? get behind your club and get some fight in you and try to get these bastards sisu out of the club by protesting and making yourselves heard.

Irowan

This is just part of sisu plans to run acl into the ground (someone else's ground no doubt!)

If sky blues don't play at home then acl not only get no match day revenue but also face possible legal action from compass who paid up front for a food and beverage contract with 20 plus events per year at the Ricoh

The reality is that sisu don't give a shit about the fans or worse the money that we spend each week, they will be happy to bank role the team of academy come first team players that will play each week, they will still get the money from the league for TV rights and they just want acl to fold so they can get their corrupt hands on the Ricoh and bleed that dry too.

I hate to say this but this was on the cards as sisu's plans, even if acl offered them a payout to play at the Ricoh they would still say no so they can drive acl under.

I will support the nopm campaign and also have emailed the fl to say I will not travel but I think sisu have the funds to see this out then pick up the Ricoh at a stupid price, not only screwing the fans but also every tax payer in the city and anyone that benefits from the work the Higgs charity does for the city

Even if you're not a cov fan and even if you still go to the games you need to think that these corrupt business people are trying to rob normal tax paying people on the street and even worse trying to bankrupt a charity.

Goes beyond what they have done to the our once great club, how do these people sleep at night!

Covstar

IMG_0130%5B1%5D.JPG

This was one of the proudest moment for me as a Coventry city supporter seeing the Ricoh Arena fill with 32,000 supporters watching a JPT game last season...

It made me realise the huge potential we have as a football club to grow with this kind of support available for the team if the right kind of investments were made and the team were doing well on the pitch. I was somewhat optimistic that I would once again see this kind of support to help us power up the leagues if we were fighting at the right end of the table.

However today Sisu have ripped out the heart of the city and desolate a once proud club by moving us 35 miles away from our city for the next 3 years. I never thought it would happen but I am absolutely devastated and aggrieved to hear this news.

Gutted is an understatement for what I'm feeling right now.

R.I.P Sky Blues - A club that will languish in the lower tiers of the football pyramid for the foreseeable future thinking about what could have been.

Last edited:

wingy

Posting about this on another general football forum and some people have actually replied saying they think it's hilarious. Makes it easier for me to give up on English football with such fucktards around.

There are more informed fans a round fortunately ,we see evidence when they Visit ,you must eb talking of mackems.:jerkit::jerkit::sleep::sleep:

Brighton Sky Blue

All these people saying "its the end for me" and "i wont go again" bollocks you make me sick. You call yourselves fans of a club? get behind your club and get some fight in you and try to get these bastards sisu out of the club by protesting and making yourselves heard.

The only thing that will get SISU out is someone with enough money to buy them out and they've just rejected offers from anyone remotely interested in doing so.

wingy

Get on with It !! pay double the price you superfan.

Brighton Sky Blue

There are more informed fans a round fortunately ,we see evidence when they Visit ,you must eb talking of mackems.:jerkit::jerkit::sleep::sleep:

Huddersfield fan I believe. Says I would be pissing myself with laughter if it wasn't my club-good luck Mr Robins with fans like that.

Brighton Sky Blue

Don't know who they supported but it baffles me how anyone could find this situation funny. For Leicester fans to show actual concern is saying a hell of a lot.

Bassman

I find it strange that fans of any club could not be thinking "there but for the grace of god"....

With the exception of a chosen few with serious financial clout, any team from the bottom half of the Premiership down could be in this situation. Stoke, Fulham, Norwich are all where we were 13 years ago. They're deluded if they don't think it could happen to them.

Brighton Sky Blue

I find it strange that fans of any club could not be thinking "there but for the grace of god"....

With the exception of a chosen few with serious financial clout, any team from the bottom half of the Premiership down could be in this situation. Stoke, Fulham, Norwich are all where we were 13 years ago. They're deluded if they don't think it could happen to them.

The actual quote:

'Obviously I wouldn't but the fact you have that stadium built and have been evicted from it is piss funny. Where are you going to play?

You would be pissing yourself if it wasn't your club.'

Users who are viewing this thread