Confirmed northampton (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

until yesterday, this was never going to happen
a game of brinkmanship down to the wire

Now i feel like a close relative has died -
Coventry city RIP

i cannot even think about away games. The hard thing will be when SIsu do F**K off
a) will there be anything left
b) what league will we be in
c) will i still care

seppala and Fisher- drown in your own vomit

pusb
CCFC 4 ever

Block19

I do think that ACL and the council have to take part of the blame but taking the club out of the city it's just killed the club

Sky Blues

Can only hope the Football League grow a pair, realise Sisu will probably end up taking them to court at some point over the next five years regardless of what happens this summer and bite the bullet to stop this stupidity now.

I wonder if the guy who some criticised for bringing the coffin to the Save Our City protest the other year is feeling a sad sense of vindication right now (although a cryostasis chamber is probably a better metaphor right now).

Sub

HeraldandPost -> Sport -> Cobblers

Search Advanced Search Published: 04/07/2013 06:00 - Updated: 03/07/2013 21:12

Northampton Town's Sixfields stadium to get £12m makeover as Coventry City ponders ground-share

Written bySOPHIE SCOTT

Sixfields viewed from the top of the Lift Tower​

A DEAL is being announced today which will transform Sixfields with a £12m loan alongside a possible ground-share arrangement with Coventry City FC.
The redevelopment will see capacity increase to about 10,000 and the addition of a hotel, corporate boxes and a conference centre.
A source last night suggested to the H&P that League One club Coventry City would be ground sharing at Sixfields next season.
Rumours about the possible arrangement were rife yesterday, but no official announcement had been made by the time we went to print.

A ground-share would bring thousands of extra fans to the town on matchdays, while being a financial bonus would put pressure on the transport network.
The loan from Northampton Borough Council was announced by leader David Mackintosh and Cobblers chairman David Cardoza this morning.
An application will be submitted in autumn and the new-look stadium could be ready for the 2014/15 season.

Cllr Mackintosh said: “We made a long term commitment in our election manifesto to help Northampton Town Football Club redevelop Sixfields Stadium.
“We have agreed a redevelopment partnership with Northampton Town Football Club that involves a housing scheme and small scale, local retail development on land upon which the football club have a 150 year lease, as well as adjacent land near the stadium. We recognise it will take a number of years for the profit from this to come to fruition, so to allow matters to proceed in the meantime Northampton Borough Council will loan the club up to £12 million to allow the redevelopment to go ahead as soon as possible.

“We know it has been a really frustrating time for the club and its supporters, so we are very pleased to be able to make this announcement.
“There will be some huge changes to the stadium. There will be a new East Stand, and the approach to the stadium will look very different with a new look West Stand, a conference centre and a hotel and it will be an impressive approach to the town for those arriving from the south west and a huge asset for our developing Enterprise Zone.

“The loan we are making to the football club will be at no cost to the tax payer. As a public authority we have access to funds that the football club don’t have and the developments will pay for the stadium improvement. Until then, this loan will allow the club to get started.
“We envisage planning applications for the stadium being submitted this autumn, with a new look stadium ready for the start of the 2014/15 season, or just after. This is great news for Northampton.”
Mr Cardoza said: ““This will take the football club in to the 21st century.
“In this day and age you need the opportunity to generate income 365 days a year and this will give us that.

“We plan to build a hotel, a conference centre, corporate boxes, to offer better facilities to supporters, to have office space to let and much more. The plan is to make the club self sufficient in the long term so it is not relying on any one individual.
“The aim is of course also to generate more money from these additional income streams so we can increase the money made available to Aidy Boothroyd and the football side of the club.
“We are hoping to submit planning applications in the autumn and to have a much improved facility here at Sixfields in just over a year.

“The aim is for the club to compete at the highest level possible and this will be a big help.
“I cannot emphasise just how helpful and supportive David Mackintosh and Northampton Borough Council have been. We couldn’t have done this without David.
“I would like to thank the supporters so much for their patience, soon we will finally be able to see what we have all been working so hard and hoping for, and we can deliver the town a football club we can all be proud of. We have a fantastic infrastructure in place at the moment, and this redevelopment will allow us to increase and improve that work in all areas.”
The deal will be discussed by the council’s cabinet on July 17.

Sub

http://www.footballeconomy.com/content/northampton-new-coventry

Northampton is the new Coventry. Submitted by WG on Thu, 04/07/2013 - 06:41

When I said that Coventry might end up playing in Northamptonshire, I was thinking of the vacant Rushden & Diamonds stadium at Nene Park, not the Sixfields stadium of Northampton Town. It didn't make my short list, nor many of the others I have seen. It is nearer to Coventry than Nene Park but the Sky Blues won't have exclusive use of the 7,600-capacity stadium.The bigger issue is how a club called 'Coventry City' has ended up playing there. One can't expect the Football League to intervene, indeed without a ground share the first match against Bristol City might not go ahead.Apparently the Sky Blues are set to be selected as the preferred buyer for a site in 'the Coventry area' to build a new stadium - and to enter exclusive negotiations over a sale.

It coincides with a sales process for the Coventry Bees speedway stadium site at Brandon.Coventry City Football Club Limited’s administrator Paul Appleton has now issued his confidential proposals for creditors to sign a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) that would bring the club out of administration, preventing liquidation.It is not yet known if creditor Arena Coventry Limited - the part-Coventry City Council-owned Ricoh stadium firm owed rent arrears by the Sky Blues - will try to block the CVA and prolong administration.

Coventry Cobblers.................doesn't sound right me thinks, still I prefer away games the atmosphere is always so much better, just do one Sisu:jerkit:

valiant15

I hope the apologists on here who've backed sisu to the hilt on this are prepared to go to Northampton. Your hedgefund heroes have kicked you in the bollocks. LMFAO.

Evo1883

i am genuinely suprised it has come to this ,like people have said i thought it was a game of bluff,honestly we may as well just be liquidated and start again , at least we will be in coventry , we will be liquidated before the 3 years is up anyway i think

trick2

i wont be going. i wonder if they are going to.offer fans free transport there by bus? or pay for a train ticket as the station not too far from the ground. most people couldnt afford the travel expense even if they did want to go.

i will not go to a home game now until they are back in coventry.

RoboCCFC90

I hope the apologists on here who've backed sisu to the hilt on this are prepared to go to Northampton. Your hedgefund heroes have kicked you in the bollocks. LMFAO.

I am prepared to go to Northampton, but just because I don't support ACL and what they have tried to do for the club does not mean me or anyone else are SISU Apologists!

Moron.

Sub

_68527739_pa-10545770.jpg

4 July 2013 Last updated at 08:06 GMT