Confirmed northampton (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

I find it a little sobering that my grandfather who was the first in his family to start going to City games died the same year as the club. If the League has any spine to it whatsoever it won't allow this to go through.

That is VERY sad...& quite distressing. All for the love of money - no respect for people.

In fact it seems there is no room for people in their business. A bit daft really because people feed the business...& I was always taught never to bit the hand that feeds.

Brighton Sky Blue

My Grandad, who was from Germany, was a season ticket holder for years. His other hometown club was Bayern Munich, contrasting fortunes or what!

North Pole-South Pole as far as luck of the draw goes! Football clubs, even struggling ones like ours, are huge parts of the communities they serve and for me anyway gave me a regular basis to support not just a football team but the place of my roots and family. The Football League has a responsibility here to stop SISU removing this asset or else it has failed every Coventry supporter up and down the land.

Samo

They can try all they want to build at Brandon. It won't happen. As has been said a few times on here, infrastructure isn't there. One single lane road. Local opposition will be 100%. Not a chance in hell.

It is not and never was the intention of SISU to build. They hope that by leaving the Ricoh they will distress ACL into a position to deal.

mexico88

I live a 5 minute walk away from the cobblers. I won't set foot in the place as a sky blues home fan. Ironic for me really as I used to travel from Northampton to the Ricoh as a season ticket holder. It's a point of principle. No sky blues fan can support this. Never mind the 3-4000 Dim Fisher quotes.

jassie78

The FL To Discuss City's Groundshare With Northampton tomorrow, Surely they can't allow this to happen? On the basis of the people living around the Brandon which haven't been consulted of objected against the idea of having a football stadium so close to their homes. The info structure of roads are not even right. I know they have three years to build but surely the council will not allow this and nor would the people living around there area?

Tonylinc

Well thanks for the employment SISU but there is no chance the money you pay me will even cover fuel

Also thanks for letting me know that the terms of my employment had changed i.e. new location thats even if i was being kept on which i still havent been informed otherwise

Also what about all those stewards. They arent paid enough to travel that far and the ones that rely on the money because there pension doesnt pay them enough are well and truely screwed. So not only are SISU screwing over fans but their employees to

Also are they keeping on hospitality staff? Surely cant be keeping them all. Some will argue most of these work for Compass but CCFC still employ quite a lot of hospitality staff directly. Then theres the corporate sales team. They arent all going to be needed especially as CCFC arent going to have rights to advertising as a tenant at a ground owned by another team

So thanks SISU not only have you taken my club away but also my job and many others
Sorry to hear that. How were you employed?

Brighton Sky Blue

That is VERY sad...& quite distressing. All for the love of money - no respect for people.

In fact it seems there is no room for people in their business. A bit daft really because people feed the business...& I was always taught never to bit the hand that feeds.

Supporting Coventry was something he carried with him throughout his life. He passed it down to my dad (who was lucky enough to go to Wembley in '87) who brought me and my brother up (with some persuading initially!) to support them too. It is an insult to not just him but all of us, no matter how long we've supported the club, who even with all of the rubbish served up down the years, would still turn up and watch the Sky Blues.

ajsccfc

No one should consider turning up in a last attempt to change this stupid plan.

Those that go are not helping CCFC in the long term.

There is still a chance to stop this process. Stay away, don't be selfish, it will destroy are club forever if you go.

Let's not start this guilt trip nonsense again.

jassie78

Sisu have F**ked up our club. They have let their fans, employee's and businesses down. The pubs around the areas rely on the extra income near the stadium and I fear more pubs will be closing.

Tad

Great joke SISU, but seriously, where we playing?

NTFC

Hi there. Northampton fan here. Can't say that I am happy about this either because our pitch is rubbish at the best of times. Doubly unhappy about it if you guys are against the move. Please let me know what you think of it and I will relay it to our fans. Solidarity!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Hi there. Northampton fan here. Can't say that I am happy about this either because our pitch is rubbish at the best of times. Doubly unhappy about it if you guys are against the move. Please let me know what you think of it and I will relay it to our fans. Solidarity!
Most of us dont want it

Brighton Sky Blue

Encourage all Cobblers fans in the area not to go to any 'Coventry' matches played there, lest it lend any token of credibility to the idiots who run our club.

italiahorse

Let's not start this guilt trip nonsense again.

Im desperate to save this club. If you go you support SISU and their stupid plan. Full stop.

Hang your head in shame as you help take this club down the leagues backed by a tin pot stadium and no chance of ever getting a sniff at the Premier League ....ever.

People power is all we have left now to get rid of SISU, get us back to the Ricoh and get us where we belong.

bigfatronssba

I would be concerned that your chairman has decided to do business with sisu. Any contracts he has with them will mean nothing, I just hope they are paying up front.

After destroying one once great club, I would hate to see them damage another famous old club in the cobblers.

J

Jack Griffin

YOU ALL MUST TRY ONE LAST TIME AND EMAIL THE FL BEFORE 12.30 pm TOMORROW AND SAY YOU WILL NOT BE GOING TO GAMES AT NORTHAMPTON.
THE FL ARE MEETING PM THURSDAY TO GIVE THE OK OR DISMISS IT.
KNOW ITS A LONG SHOT BUT THEY SHOULD LISTEN TO THE FANS.

Yeah, I did it as soon as I saw.

I'm absolutely fucking disgusted.

(and that is the first time I've used language stronger than bollocks on this board)

Users who are viewing this thread