Cole (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob S

Surprised that nobody has really mentioned this but one of the main reasons he was brought in was for the experience he can offer on and around the training pitch. Madderz, Rubén et al being coached by a genuine winner like him? Yes please.

(I'm sure I've been seeing more killer long-range passes being completed since he arrived. )

Grendel

Surprised that nobody has really mentioned this but one of the main reasons he was brought in was for the experience he can offer on and around the training pitch. Madderz, Rubén et al being coached by a genuine winner like him? Yes please.

(I'm sure I've been seeing more killer long-range passes being completed since he arrived. )

The main reason he was brought in was because Waggott got him in. He's a waste of space. I am sure Colin Hendry could teach players to defend and Sherwood could have inspired the dressing room. However, he is signed to play and he doesn't play.

I doubt he even knows where the training ground is. He could tell a great story about the fitness table though.

Grendel

Depending on what he costs us and providing we get some match time out of him I wouldn't mind him staying for longer. If nothing else it will be good for Madders to train with him for a while. Madders could really benefit from that experience.

In that case why not re-sign Ian Wallace - hey players can hear tales of his goal scoring

skybluetony176

See post #32. Great minds and all that ;)

rob9872

You only had to read the quotes from the other players like Stokes when he arrived, genuinely in awe. Gave the place a lift, cost nothing, put a few extra bums on seats, scored a free kick winner but yes let's slag him off because it's coventry city and what we do best. I swear some of you prefer it when we're rubbish and lose just so that you can say "told you so".

I'm not suggesting he is the long term answer if the wages block another signing, but really can't understand what's not to like here.

skybluetony176

The main reason he was brought in was because Waggott got him in. He's a waste of space. I am sure Colin Hendry could teach players to defend and Sherwood could have inspired the dressing room. However, he is signed to play and he doesn't play.

I doubt he even knows where the training ground is. He could tell a great story about the fitness table though.

How did SW get him in? He had nothing to do with signings since TM, MV and JC arrived full time.

Last edited:

Rob S

JC approached the club (via his agent) and there were a few weeks of sorting everything out.

Grendel

JC approached the club (via his agent) and there were a few weeks of sorting everything out.

Who did he approach?

Gazolba

We all started out predicting how many goals he would get, now we are reduced to speculating if he will play and how many minutes.

skyblue1991

I saw him against Barnsley and yes he did score a great freekick. But lets be honest aside from that he did nothing.

I was estatic when he signed; Joe Cole playing for CCFC! And it did raise the profile for the club. But he really hasn't set the world alight on the pitch. That's not me slagging him off that's me being honest (of course I have only seen him once but other posts from those that were at Rochdale, Swindon etc have said he wasn't pulling up trees)

If he is on a PAYP deal then I have no problem him staying and playing him when suitable. Would I play him against Gillingham? I'm going to say no; we need everybody geared up for this and I think he could potentially falter. However if TM decides he is in the right fram physically and mentally to play then I'll trust his judgement.

Walskyn

He has been spotted twice out on the p*ss. The first time was the friday night before the Peterborough 3-2 win when he was dropped from the squad. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

Otis

Quite possibly cos we didn't know.

Shot in the dark for sure, but just thought I might out it out there.

skybluetony176

He has been spotted twice out on the p*ss. The first time was the friday night before the Peterborough 3-2 win when he was dropped from the squad. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

What. In a grown man drinks alcohol the night before not working shocker!

chiefdave

Maybe he'd already been told he wasn't playing?

And of course there's a big difference between having a skinful and kicking in a shop window and having a quiet couple of drinks.

Walskyn

What. In a grown man drinks alcohol the night before not working shocker!

Maybe he would have been in the team/squad if he hadn't been spotted in jumpin jaks getting sh*t faced.

If I was manager I wouldn't want my players getting drunk the night before a match.

mechaishida

Maybe he would have been in the team/squad if he hadn't been spotted in jumpin jaks getting sh*t faced.

If I was manager I wouldn't want my players getting drunk the night before a match.

If anything, this makes Cole a headline-seeking hypocrite; he says he still loves the game, wants to play football, yet he prioritises alcohol over a match the next day.

I said from the start he was a PR stunt signing, and this is confirmation. What a waste of a loan, and what a waste of talent.

westofrayne

Sounds like city back in the 80's out on the pop the night before the game.

He came to city to get game time, but his not fit enough to do that, unless he can get fit and be capable of playing a game then its time to say farewell Mr Cole.

mechaishida

Did you witness him there yourself?
Surprised nothing has been mentioned on social media if this is genuine.....

Nope, since I live in mid Wales...anyway, even if it wasn't true, it's safe to say Joe Cole has probably reached the end of his career if he's not physically capable of keeping pace with L1.

Anyone who suggests his signing wasn't a PR stunt/failure is kidding themselves, really.

rob9872

Wum alert....

chiefdave

Did you witness him there yourself?
Surprised nothing has been mentioned on social media if this is genuine.....

Someone as high profile as Cole goes out in Cov, not a place renowned for celeb spotting, and nobody mentions it on social media. You could almost think it didn't happen and is something someone has made up.

Nick

Administrator
Someone as high profile as Cole goes out in Cov, not a place renowned for celeb spotting, and nobody mentions it on social media. You could almost think it didn't happen and is something someone has made up.

You would think there would be selfies all over the shop with him.

Walskyn

To be honest I did privately question why no one else has mentioned it, if it is true. But it may explain why Cole is being left out of the squad.

covcity4life

how many games has he played? 3?

subbed off vs rochdale with game 0-0
subbed of vs swindon with score 0-0
subbed off vs barnsley with team winning 4-2

he is hardly a liability,look forward to seeing him back on the pitch

Specs WT-R75

To be honest I did privately question why no one else has mentioned it, if it is true. But it may explain why Cole is being left out of the squad.

If it is true then Mowbray won't be extending the loan... on the other hand you do read those stories from Gazza when he did the biz when he was pissed up, but times have changed.

mechaishida

Wum alert....

Who, exactly?

Either way, whether he's a pisshead or not, it's no skin off my sack - he's going back to Villa in the same condition as he came: terrible. He's still got talent, but it's clear he's just in the game still for the money, hence his lack of commitment and overall fitness.

If he'd have came in, dug in, and put on a months worth of decent performances, I'd have been satisfied he wasn't here just as a PR stunt. In my eyes, a wasted loan and a waste of a talent. But then again, original opinions don't seem to count for much here, unless a veteran poster voices it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Who, exactly?

Either way, whether he's a pisshead or not, it's no skin off my sack - he's going back to Villa in the same condition as he came: terrible. He's still got talent, but it's clear he's just in the game still for the money, hence his lack of commitment and overall fitness.

If he'd have came in, dug in, and put on a months worth of decent performances, I'd have been satisfied he wasn't here just as a PR stunt. In my eyes, a wasted loan and a waste of a talent. But then again, original opinions don't seem to count for much here, unless a veteran poster voices it.
Why is it clear he's just in the game for money? He could have continued picking up his pay check for doing nothing at Villa but he didn't or he could have went to America and earned a shed load at a crap standard of football.

You don't know he hasn't dug in or isn't committed? If he's worked as hard as he possibly can but his body still can't handle it, that is hardly his fault.

mechaishida

Why is it clear he's just in the game for money? He could have continued picking up his pay check for doing nothing at Villa but he didn't or he could have went to America and earned a shed load at a crap standard of football.

You don't know he hasn't dug in or isn't committed? If he's worked as hard as he possibly can but his body still can't handle it, that is hardly his fault.

Why is all of this the truth? It's about as steeped in fact as my comments were.

My gripe is that, instantly, when someone has an opposing opinion to the majority, they get labelled a 'wum' or are overborne by several others.

He might be giving his all, indeed, and he may have indeed 'dug in', but what if he hasn't? It's hardly an absurd opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread