Cole (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
Send him back if he still can't manage a game. Surely he's still struggling for fitness?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mowbray said he has tight hamstrings

The question is, is that just a minor injury issue which will clear up with rest. Or is it more of a general fitness issue which will crop up every time he plays a game.

Nick

Administrator

The question is, is that just a minor injury issue which will clear up with rest. Or is it more of a general fitness issue which will crop up every time he plays a game.
How much rest does he need though? He only came for 35 days and missed most games.

Mowbray was raving about his fitness as well.

Covstu

We have a tight wallet, need someone who can play for us!

ccfcway

how much we are paying for him will be revealed if the loan is extended.

If he stays, we will be paying peanuts, or nothing. We aren't going to keep him if he is taking a wedge of our budget but not playing

Specs WT-R75

Villa have sent him here to get match fit. The fact that we are not risking him getting injured when he has a niggle will work in our favour when TM suggests to them that another month would be in everyone's interest... and that will take us hopefully to a point where we have Maddison back and we don't necessarily need to keep Cole for the season - even if that would be nice :)

skybluejelly

maybe we have him on a pay as you play deal ..if we are paying him by the hour we only owe him an hour and half

chiefdave

Send him back if he still can't manage a game. Surely he's still struggling for fitness?

Depends what sort of deal it is. If we're only paying per appearance or something like that I'd have him for another month.

Gazolba

Villa have sent him here to get match fit.

Why can't he get fit at Villa? He generated a lot of (misplaced) excitement and scored one important goal but I would not say he has lived up to expectations.

shmmeee

Why can't he get fit at Villa? He generated a lot of (misplaced) excitement and scored one important goal but I would not say he has lived up to expectations.

To be fair, if he's cost us nothing and does nothing but score that goal and generate media interest. I think it's been worthwhile.

Johnnythespider

Depends on what he is taking from the budget really, if it's a choice between him and a centre half he has to go back.

Mcbean

To be fair, if he's cost us nothing and does nothing but score that goal and generate media interest. I think it's been worthwhile.

me too for this view - must be a pay and play deal - he gets fit training with our guys and plays when Mowbray reckons he's needed - he should not have been needed for the Northampton game !

ccfclinney

He's a luxury player and you can't afford them at this level, the games I've seen him he has done very little except score that free kick. We carry him a lot of the time because he isn't match fit and constantly marking no one.
He's no better then anyone in the forward positions we already have for me anymore.
He does have that bit of quality like the free kick but other then that no big loss and today proved it

rob9872

If it annoys Durham it's all good with me.

letsallsingtogether

Sorry he's. Not a TM signing

Waggots fingerprints. On It.

Not just his fingerprints ether.
Waste of time if you ask me, so he scored the best free kick we have seen in years but we should swap him now for a younger/fitter edition

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

If we only pay a fee when he plays keep if not get rid, the budgets tight enough without wasting it on luxury players that we are gambling on fitness with.

Shame as I thought we might et a decent month out of him had he been fit enough to play 45/60 mins each game.

H

Huckerby

If we only pay a fee when he plays keep if not get rid, the budgets tight enough without wasting it on luxury players that we are gambling on fitness with.

Shame as I thought we might et a decent month out of him had he been fit enough to play 45/60 mins each game.

Nah, I signed Trezeguet on FM12 at about 35 for city in the championship for silly wages, and he played 5 games for me then got injured for almost the whole season, apart from he game back just in time for the play offs and scored a brace in each game and took me up.

Based on this one computer game experience, I feel that we should keep Joe Cole. Discuss.

Paxman II

How many clubs in this league would jump at the chance to have him at their club?
When fully fit he may well be the difference that helps us up automatically.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

How many clubs in this league would jump at the chance to have him at their club?
When fully fit he may well be the difference that helps us up automatically.

When or if fully fit!?

And how do you know that?

I was bouncing off the ceiling when we signed him but 3 weeks later that buzz has rapidly faded.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Be surprised if his loan was extended with the lack of game time he's got. That's from his point of view and ours as he stated from the off he wanted to play football; it didn't matter about the level. He hasn't got that here, due to injury or lack of fitness.

If Reda had gone so many games in so few weeks we'd be calling for him to not have a contract renewed ;)

Hobo

I did warn people he has hardly played since 2013. I suspect we are contributing very little to his wages and just giving him a chance to get fit...but I doubt he will.

stevefloyd

It was a brilliant PR stunt for us and who knows how much of a boost for our younger players as well.. To attract players like this to our club is fantastic.. shame it isnt going as well as it might but who knows early days yet... cue a rupert laugh

skybluetony176

Depending on what he costs us and providing we get some match time out of him I wouldn't mind him staying for longer. If nothing else it will be good for Madders to train with him for a while. Madders could really benefit from that experience.

chinamans view

But he does not train much, you must mean in the treatment room with madders. Ive said before he has been trying 6months at villa and a month here and still cant get fit for a game, so its not going to be anytime soon. shame but we must face facts.
Depending on what he costs us and providing we get some match time out of him I wouldn't mind him staying for longer. If nothing else it will be good for Madders to train with him for a while. Madders could really benefit from that experience.

ccfcway

Nah, I signed Trezeguet on FM12 at about 35 for city in the championship for silly wages, and he played 5 games for me then got injured for almost the whole season, apart from he game back just in time for the play offs and scored a brace in each game and took me up.

Based on this one computer game experience, I feel that we should keep Joe Cole. Discuss.

Based on that, let sign Trezeguet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread