Club Statement regarding EFL vote and stadium situation (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
There isn't any evidence of desperation from Wasps and even the richest man in the world would never indemnify somebody against losses due to the action of a 3rd party.

Exactly, I hope I am wrong but I can just see another public reason coming out they can shout about to stop talks.

Johnnythespider

On the back of Gilbert's twitter poll to see if people will go to St Andrews I'm wary about this update, it could well be more PR. It's funny how these polls keep popping up, Gilbert, Linnell et al. Wasps have probably come back to the table to inform the club no one is going to St Andrews.

Kingokings204

Wasps coming back to the negotiating table is a good thing. I don’t like any of them but I don’t really care about all that. My big thing is as I can’t affect the politics to it that I firmly believe coventry should be playing in Coventry and the Ricoh is our home. We need to stay.

Mark Robins has done a great job and I fully support him and his team. He has gave me joy and excitement I haven’t had for years these last 2 years. I Support what he is clearly trying to do.

Nick

Administrator
On the back of Gilbert's twitter poll to see if people will go to St Andrews I'm wary about this update, it could well be more PR. It's funny how these polls keep popping up, Gilbert, Linnell et al. Wasps have probably come back to the table to inform the club no one is going to St Andrews.

You mean Linnell who spends games in boxes with Hoffman who is apparently backed by a Rugby Club Owner?

Wasps could walk away again at half 3 this afternoon and everybody would blame the club / SISU.

Johnnythespider

You mean Linnell who spends games in boxes with Hoffman who is apparently backed by a Rugby Club Owner?

Wasps could walk away again at half 3 this afternoon and everybody would blame the club / SISU.
Yep him, the most transparent of the lot.

Sky Blue Harry H

Trying to follow the logic of 'Wasps now talking'
Wasps know that the EC complaint can't be retracted and they (and we) know SISU won't cover any financial impact down the line.
Therefore I can only see this as a positive - really can't see any mileage in reigniting talks to walk away again (from Wasps perspective). People's mindsets are already fairly entrenched in terms of blame, so not sure what is to be gained from this. If they walked away and said SISU won't agree to cover 'future EC costs' they would get little sympathy from the general public.
Perhaps I am naïve, but can only see the good in this?
Cue Birmingham to sue CCFC for pulling out of agreement !!!!

Nick

Administrator
Wasps know that the EC complaint can't be retracted and they (and we) know SISU won't cover any financial impact down the line.
Therefore I can only see this as a positive - really can't see any mileage in reigniting talks to walk away again (from Wasps perspective). People's mindsets are already fairly entrenched in terms of blame, so not sure what is to be gained from this. If they walked away and said SISU won't agree to cover 'future EC costs' they would get little sympathy from the general public.

Maybe the reason Wasps said they were stopping talks wasn't because of legals. The same as when they did the same as few years ago halfway through when Hoffman appeared, had a bid rejected and Wasps went back into talks?

fernandopartridge

Maybe the reason Wasps said they were stopping talks wasn't because of legals. The same as when they did the same as few years ago halfway through when Hoffman appeared, had a bid rejected and Wasps went back into talks?

It could be both sides just calling each other's bluff.

Did Wasps seriously think though that SISU would not plan for the eventuality that CCFC were not back at the Ricoh last season? It seems odd based on any knowledge of what's gone on in the past but who knows? Were they hoping for intervention from the EFL?

Nick

Administrator
It could be both sides just calling each other's bluff.

Did Wasps seriously think though that SISU would not plan for the eventuality that CCFC were not back at the Ricoh last season? It seems odd based on any knowledge of what's gone on in the past but who knows? Were they hoping for intervention from the EFL?

I assume they were hoping for the EFL to not allow it (just going by what the usual social media people were pushing over and over). The same when their bloke was encouraging protests.

Hoffman has gone quiet again though, he piped up a little bit and then the bit in the Telegraph about his new backers.

These types are already trying to push how Wasps are now being fair

SkyBlueCRJ

The issue is, they've moved the goalposts countless times so what's to stop them doing it again? So, on that basis can it only be seen as a good thing that Wasps have come back to the negotiating table? It's just as easy to say that it could well be another PR tactic or that they've potentially unearthed something that can be used as yet another reason why the club and Wasps can't negotiate a deal. What people fail to grasp is that in the scenario the club currently finds itself in, everything is said and done for a reason. Could it be that the reason Wasps have publicly announced through their little lap dog that they're returning to the table is to deliver one final blow to SISU? In my opinion that's far more likely than them negotiating a deal at this moment in time.

better days

This is a negotiation with complications
It was never going to be straight-forward but essentially Wasps and CCFC need each other
And Wasps would probably prefer to avoid the bad PR of forcing the local football team out
The complication is CCC and SISU, both of whom are dogs with fleas
Hopefully the two sports clubs can resolve things for next season at least

Nick

Administrator
This is a negotiation with complications
It was never going to be straight-forward but essentially Wasps and CCFC need each other
And Wasps would probably prefer to avoid the bad PR of forcing the local football team out
The complication is CCC and SISU, both of whom are dogs with fleas
Hopefully the two sports clubs can resolve things for next season at least

It's telling that CCC is still a complication in Wasps being able to do a deal.

Longford

From what I’ve heard from peeps in the club. Wasps moved their position end of last week. Until then it had been full steam St. Andrews. That is now the backstop. Ricoh is now in pole position and announcements about new deal expected early next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BUMP

Just need to agree definition of “early next week”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

OK. Fair enough. Had forgotten about that potential aspect (I remember that you've mentioned that before).

Nick

Administrator
Hmmm

So what have Gilbert and the Telegraph been trying their hardest to push for the past week or so with things like this?

SkyBlueDom26

Hmmm

So what have Gilbert and the Telegraph been trying their hardest to push for the past week or so with things like this?

Gilbert chatting shite as usual, thats why the club constantly said that talks were continuing but wasps never commented. Its all about wasps playing a game to get the best deal

OffenhamSkyBlue

It's telling that CCC is still a complication in Wasps being able to do a deal.
Frankly, other than the lease of the Ricoh prohibiting the leaseholder (i.e. Wasps) from sub-letting the stadium, the negotiations between Wasps and City are NOTHING to do with the Council, so how the FUCK can they be a complication?

I'm firmly of the belief (from the coincidence of timings, Giblet's twitterings, etc) that the EC contacted the Council to inform them that they were undertaking a preliminary investigation under Article 107, and required certain information to be provided, at which point the Council leaked it to Wasps who shat themselves and pulled out.

I hope that Wasps have seen sense and realised how long-term this investigation may be, or some other assurance (but NOT indemnification by SISU) - or sheer fear - has brought them back to the table

fernandopartridge

Why should CCFC pay for running costs at the stadium for any more than the equivalent of the time they have use of it per year? These people are crackers. Do they not realise that the rent is the base cost of hiring the space and that there are additional costs on top?

I assume they were hoping for the EFL to not allow it (just going by what the usual social media people were pushing over and over). The same when their bloke was encouraging protests.

Hoffman has gone quiet again though, he piped up a little bit and then the bit in the Telegraph about his new backers.

These types are already trying to push how Wasps are now being fair

Nick

Administrator
Why should CCFC pay for running costs at the stadium for any more than the equivalent of the time they have use of it per year? These people are crackers. Do they not realise that the rent is the base cost of hiring the space and that there are additional costs on top?

It's always interesting to read what particular accounts push as they want to "set the tone" as it were.

Like you say, the rent is there and then matchday costs on top.

fernandopartridge

Frankly, other than the lease of the Ricoh prohibiting the leaseholder (i.e. Wasps) from sub-letting the stadium, the negotiations between Wasps and City are NOTHING to do with the Council, so how the FUCK can they be a complication?

I'm firmly of the belief (from the coincidence of timings, Giblet's twitterings, etc) that the EC contacted the Council to inform them that they were undertaking a preliminary investigation under Article 107, and required certain information to be provided, at which point the Council leaked it to Wasps who shat themselves and pulled out.

I hope that Wasps have seen sense and realised how long-term this investigation may be, or some other assurance (but NOT indemnification by SISU) - or sheer fear - has brought them back to the table

SISU might provide some useful consultancy to Wasps in how to move assets about.....

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’ve no problem with this as long as we get our value in income from the RICOH - we should pay maintenance costs but receive a share of any naming rights

oldfiver

Did cross my mind when people were talking about taking on 50%, although I don't know if bonds can be distressed and made to vanish?

The Company can be distressed ( WASPS FINANCE plc ) the bonds wont vanish as they are secured on the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread