Club Statement regarding EFL vote and stadium situation (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vow

To be fair joking apart I actually have but god knows what it could mean. A breaking local news story could mean absolutely anything so it's hardly an air tight rumour but could be something so thought I'd share.
Haha. 2nd best post of the day!

better days

Had an interesting conversation with a guy who used to play rugby at a fairly high standard this morning
He knows I have Cov connections and out of the blue he said he'd heard that Wasps were moving out of the Ricoh
I replied that whoever he heard it from had probably got the wrong end of the stick
But he thought there might be something in it as he'd heard Wasps have many problems behind the scenes
Almost certainly bollocks but intriguing that a rugby guy with no axe to grind us talking about it

OffenhamSkyBlue

To be fair joking apart I actually have but god knows what it could mean. A breaking local news story could mean absolutely anything so it's hardly an air tight rumour but could be something so thought I'd share.
I don't know what your source is (and i'm not judging), but if it is a news feed type thingy, isn't it just as likely to be who is headlining Friday at the Godiva Festival?

vow

Had an interesting conversation with a guy who used to play rugby at a fairly high standard this morning
He knows I have Cov connections and out of the blue he said he'd heard that Wasps were moving out of the Ricoh
I replied that whoever he heard it from had probably got the wrong end of the stick
But he thought there might be something in it as he'd heard Wasps have many problems behind the scenes
Almost certainly bollocks but intriguing that a rugby guy with no axe to grind us talking about it
Ooooooh, I just did a little wee wee.....

SkyBlueCRJ

A think that's a long talked about rumour within the Rugby community so I doubt there's anything in it. I heard the same from Peter Rossborough (President of Coventry Rugby Club) at the end of the 2017/18 season.

djr8369

I think you’re right when you say it’s probably the wrong end of the stick. Almost certainly a misunderstanding where the real rumour would have been we were leaving.

Whatever problems wasps might have (didn’t somebody look into the accounts and conclude their issues have been exaggerated?) what would they have to gain by leaving? They could play somewhere smaller and cheaper to run but they’d need to sell the Ricoh and get their cash out and I can’t imagine SISU offering what they’d want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigadamL

Oh okay so no other party is responsible for the situation we're in?

where did i say that?

Wasp are to blame also, just like SISU and the council.

Sisu had a change to do the same as wasp and buy the ground, however SISU tried to play hard ball and it back fired and ever since have been playing the victim telling everyone that they are planning on building a new ground, and that they dont need Wasp, well in fact they do need wasps and wasps need ccfc. SISU are like the bully at school that get caught out so try and blame everyone else just to worm out that they are the problem.

skybluetony176

While i, like every other loyal City fan, want to see this resolved asap, part of me wants SO MUCH to see you people who claim to be "in the know" fall flat on your faces with your bullshit predictions. Nothing personal!

It was a joke. I haven’t heard anything but the fact that I shouted FACT! at the end of my post as everyone knows in cyberspace law that means it must be true.

better days

A think that's a long talked about rumour within the Rugby community so I doubt there's anything in it. I heard the same from Peter Rossborough (President of Coventry Rugby Club) at the end of the 2017/18 season.
Only thing I can think of is if whoever holds a charge over the Ricoh has decided to exercise it
No doubt we'll hear soon enough

Ricketts

Good news

Apparantly as the saying goes, "No news is good news"

I've heard that if it isn't at 10 o clock, then it will be some other time.

And more importantly, regarding the mince. The quorn stuff is actually pretty decent.

Ian1779

Fill out the mince by adding some lentils.... once it's been cooked you'd never know as they absorb the flavour - plus it's better for you.

Ricketts

There is no way they could even get a stadium a quarter of what they have at the Ricoh for the money. Doesnt and wouldnt make any financial sense at all, so dismiss this one completely. Selling a portion to Sisu would though, if the two entities could ever work together.

Mr Panda

I find the 10% fat stuff gives a better flavour when it's cooked, but if you're watching your weight or protecting the kids' health, maybe 5% is the better option ...

The balance of the reduced fat is made up with water, by the way!

Haven't been able to taste the difference since moving to 5% fat. A good sprinkle of sea salt, pepper and oregano in the tomato sauce and I don't think it matters!

Liquid Gold

If this happens drinks are on me first game in our stadium.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Haven't been able to taste the difference since moving to 5% fat. A good sprinkle of sea salt, pepper and oregano in the tomato sauce and I don't think it matters!
At risk of going off-topic (who knew?!), i'm doing a chicken cacciatore for my missus and her friends tonight, so i pre-made a tomato sauce base for it last night. Dead simple and made the whole house smell heavenly!

better days

Maybe the breaking news is the new revaluation of the Ricoh, and it no longer covers the charges against it, so they're fucked?
Who knows?
The rugby guy said he heard Wasps don't actually own the stadium and have fallen out with whoever does own it
I always thought Wasps owned the lease so told him I thought he was probably mistaken

Ricketts

At risk of going off-topic (who knew?!), i'm doing a chicken cacciatore for my missus and her friends tonight, so i pre-made a tomato sauce base for it last night. Dead simple and made the whole house smell heavenly!
Did you add any carrots? Until I watched that Greg Wallace factory programme on pasta I didnt know there was carrot in the bolognese sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread