Club Statement regarding EFL vote and stadium situation (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
It's dragged on a bit too long with a stalemate.

I am resigned to St Andrews so anything otherwise would be a bonus.

SonofErnie

It's dragged on a bit too long with a stalemate.

I am resigned to St Andrews so anything otherwise would be a bonus.

More likely any deal is going too and fro between the lawyers. SISU’s track record makes it inevitable.

Nick

Administrator
More likely any deal is going too and fro between the lawyers. SISU’s track record makes it inevitable.

The way I see it is if you come to terms with St Andrews early you don't get the shock like if you have got yourself all worked up about the Ricoh and bullshit people put out about it.

SkyBlueCRJ

I have taken a very balanced view throughout SISU's ownership, but there is NO WAY you can justify that kind of statement!

I can justify that statement because Wasps have moved the goalposts at every opportunity. They are the problem in this specific scenario because they don't want us at the Ricoh. Surely you can see that?

BigadamL

how have they? all along its been the same, it was Sisu who move the goal post, they have had more chances than anybody else to put things right

Nick

Administrator
It's more than likely going to be some random impossible condition put on a deal that could never be met so that it doesn't make Wasps look bad.

SkyBlueCRJ

It's more than likely going to be some random impossible condition put on a deal that could never be met so that it doesn't make Wasps look bad.

I don't understand why people don't see that? Their own desperation for wanting to stay at the Ricoh is clouding their judgement and SISU are the natural scapegoat so once talks break down, Wasps and CCC get off scot-free.

Reactions: vow

OffenhamSkyBlue

I can justify that statement because Wasps have moved the goalposts at every opportunity. They are the problem in this specific scenario because they don't want us at the Ricoh. Surely you can see that?
I know that Wasps have moved the goalposts, but how do you know that they "don't want us at the Ricoh"? Yes, they have problems with SISU due to their endless litigious activity which they perceive has put their finances at risk, but there is nothing so sure-fire a way of shooting themselves in the financial bollocks to not have us at the Ricoh.
We know SISU's lawyers have an acute attention to detail, so it may be that the delay is in the minutiae of the contract - or it may be that SISU are demanding more of the F&B income than Wasps are prepared to give up.
I'm afraid we just don't know. Hopefully we will hear positive news soon.

Play Up Sky Blues!

ajsccfc

This might be bullshit and don't shoot the messenger but I've got no reason to doubt him, what reason would he have to lie? He's normally reliable and got the Julian Gray signing right so I'll be giving him pelters if it's wrong, believe you me! #pubs

OffenhamSkyBlue

This might be bullshit and don't shoot the messenger but I've got no reason to doubt him, what reason would he have to lie? He's normally reliable and got the Julian Gray signing right so I'll be giving him pelters if it's wrong, believe you me! #pubs
"Him" being ...?

Nick

Administrator
I don't understand why people don't see that? Their own desperation for wanting to stay at the Ricoh is clouding their judgement and SISU are the natural scapegoat so once talks break down, Wasps and CCC get off scot-free.

They will get off scot free. All it will take is a simple "It was all SISU's fault".

ccfchoi87

I don’t think there’s anything to these rumours. I know the Club shouldn’t always respond to internet talk but I think it would be in their best interests to confirm that there will be no announcement today.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Just had a text aswell..... Mrs asking me to pick up some 5% fat lean mince for tonight’s spagbol
I find the 10% fat stuff gives a better flavour when it's cooked, but if you're watching your weight or protecting the kids' health, maybe 5% is the better option ...

The balance of the reduced fat is made up with water, by the way!

SkyBlueCRJ

I know that Wasps have moved the goalposts, but how do you know that they "don't want us at the Ricoh"? Yes, they have problems with SISU due to their endless litigious activity which they perceive has put their finances at risk, but there is nothing so sure-fire a way of shooting themselves in the financial bollocks to not have us at the Ricoh.
We know SISU's lawyers have an acute attention to detail, so it may be that the delay is in the minutiae of the contract - or it may be that SISU are demanding more of the F&B income than Wasps are prepared to give up.
I'm afraid we just don't know. Hopefully we will hear positive news soon.

Play Up Sky Blues!

You’ve just contradicted your post within its first sentence. The fact they move the goalposts regularly suggests they don’t want us at the Ricoh. Moreover, they don't just move the goal posts, they demand ridiculous conditions for the club to agree to in order for the deal to be signed. E.g. indemnity if the EC Complaint finds something. They’ve literally asked for the club to sign its own potential death warrant for the luxury of remaining at the Ricoh. That suggests to me they see SISU and the club as two of the same and they’d rather cut off their nose to spite their face by cutting ties. What they don’t seem to realise is that even with the club gone, SISU won’t be going anywhere.

djr8369

but there is nothing so sure-fire a way of shooting themselves in the financial bollocks to not have us at the Ricoh.
!

This. Wasps are treading a fine line between applying pressure to stop the legals while taking our money and SISU are treading a fine line between pursuing the legals and keeping us at the Ricoh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCRJ

Ha. Post of the day!

To be fair joking apart I actually have but god knows what it could mean. A breaking local news story could mean absolutely anything so it's hardly an air tight rumour but could be something so thought I'd share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread