Cllr Maton (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
So after his sarcasm / gloating the other day about CCFC, I found a couple of gems. He really loves Wasps and dislikes CCFC it seems.

The last one is interesting, why would the council support ACL??

Grendel

Serious point here though isn’t there? Local councillors tend to be small minded and dogmatic - it’s obvious the council are going to do anything and everything it can to support Wasps

The EU case is good in the sense Im sure even this stupid council will not start loaning money to Wasps. Without question they would without any scrutiny. What they will do is attempt to offer preferential arrangements regarding land development and any other area they can assist in and obstruct competitors

They have dug their position and are a big reason why the club is where it is

fernandopartridge

Serious point here though isn’t there? Local councillors tend to be small minded and dogmatic - it’s obvious the council are going to do anything and everything it can to support Wasps

The EU case is good in the sense Im sure even this stupid council will not start loaning money to Wasps. Without question they would without any scrutiny. What they will do is attempt to offer preferential arrangements regarding land development and any other area they can assist in and obstruct competitors

The problem only gets worse as you realise that the council officers are all over it as well. They've compromised the council completely and now all are covering their arses to the greatest extent possible.

Nick

Administrator
The problem only gets worse as you realise that the council officers are all over it as well. They've compromised the council completely and now all are covering their arses to the greatest extent possible.

Exactly, this is just a public example of how they have gone jumping all in. He is giving it the big one about Wasps investments being great and having jibes at CCFC like he has got a new girlfriend.

Having his pops about Wasps and the training ground in Coventry and it has all gone to shit.

They will want to save face so will do whatever they can to help Wasps be a success.

djr8369

Has any decent investigative journalist dig into this?

As I recall one of the journalists (Conn, Corn something like that?) looked into it but was favourable to wasps?

Is it worth a few people here putting their heads together and sending someone a load of background info and seeing what gets published or has something like that been done?

Or perhaps it’s best to let the possible EU investigation run of course first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldfiver

e0635bb7-9e5c-4fc3-9eea-6f2f6f4bb124_image_jpeg.jpg

better days

So after his sarcasm / gloating the other day about CCFC, I found a couple of gems. He really loves Wasps and dislikes CCFC it seems.

Don't have any political affiliation personally but it's ironic that local Labour councillors enthuse over a usurper London club playing a sport mainly supported by middle class types, most of whom wouldn't be expected to vote for his party
And glories in the difficulties of the local football team and shows contempt for their fans, many of whom will be traditional Labour voters
David Conn of the Guardian has shown in past articles that his sympathies are firmly with Wasps and their accomplices on the council

better days

Has any decent investigative journalist dig into this?

As I recall one of the journalists (Conn, Corn something like that?) looked into it but was favourable to wasps?

Is it worth a few people here putting their heads together and sending someone a load of background info and seeing what gets published or has something like that been done?

Or perhaps it’s best to let the possible EU investigation run of course first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rod Liddle did the best piece on this scandal in the Sunday Times a while back
I cut and pasted the article here

Grendel

I’ve heard that article really rubbed wasps up the wrong way. Proof that they are susceptible to negative publicity.

Apparently the Times are an anti wasps publication with an agenda

speedie87

Henry winter normally shows some knowledge and sympathy towards our plight

he may know someone interested in doing some digging

CCFC54321

What a fucking first class utter despicable little twonk.

Grendel

Henry winter normally shows some knowledge and sympathy towards our plight

he may know someone interested in doing some digging

Isn’t he a wasps fan?

Philosorapter

What we need is a network of independent councillors that the main footballing communities on social media and beyond have the confidence to throw their weight behind with the forthcoming Local Election.

Labour is already predicted to lose badly in these elections, up and down the country.

If people are willing to come forward to stand on an independent platform then we should try to facilitate the network between them, and use all our presence on social media, as independent fan forums, to do what we can for them with campaigning.

Who is local and would fancy a shot at being an independent councillor?

Last edited:

clint van damme

If people are willing to come forward to stand on an independent platform then we should try to facilitate the network between them, and use all our presence on social media, as independent fan forums, to do what we can for them with campaigning.

I would mate but as soon as my rivals got hold of that video of me with the hookers and the big bag of class As I 'd be toast.

Covkid1968#

I would mate but as soon as my rivals got hold of that video of me with the hookers and the big bag of class As I 'd be toast.
Haha.... You do need to be squeaky clean.... I’d be stuffed. Football related convictions as a young bloke would probably be the least of my worries. But I would def get behind an independent candidate (in a non sexual way) Not living in Cov but I’d be up for volunteering to push stuff through letter boxes and donating campaign funds etc

better days

What we need is a network of independent councillors that the main footballing communities on social media and beyond have the confidence to throw their weight behind with the forthcoming Local Election.

Labour is already predicted to lose badly in these elections, up and down the country.

Could we ask the local media to contact all declared candidates for their position on how the council will treat CCFC in future?
Then fans will know in advance of the election who is likely to fight back against the Wasps conspirators

Covstu

Got to be Gren!

Covstu

The things is, he isn’t even hiding his loathing for our club (or SISU). It’s clearly a personal vendetta against them and hiding something. This fucker and the others need exposing, I bet all these deals with the uni aren’t squeaky clean either...

Users who are viewing this thread