Christmas coming early apparently? / Dale Evans... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adetuono

I've been watching this thread, and others, with a mixture of trepidation and astonishment. You see, I find myself in a similar situation to that of your team.

A long story cut short; we decided to sell our house in September this year. Within a couple of days, we had an acceptable offer, but our estate agent told us that they had booked another viewing, and to hold off on accepting the first offer. The day of the viewing came, and the prospective purchaser arrived with his family and another couple who were close friends. The viewer told me a fantastic tale of how he'd won several million pounds gambling, and was buying a house for his family, one for his parents and another for his best friend, who was viewing with him.

The viewing went well, and an offer was duly received, and accepted, as it was a good bit higher than the first offer (which we would have been happy with anyway...) I questioned the estate agent as to the veracity of his claim to have such a sum of money, and they said that they had to make enquiries to confirm.

Unable to believe our luck at finding the perfect buyer (!), we put an offer in on our dream property, and life was good. Solicitors were instructed (our buyer, the people we were buying from, and our 'purchaser' all shared the same solicitor's office; how easy this transaction will be!) and we sat back to wait for exchange of contracts.

And since then? The estate agents haven't been able to contact the buyer; he's moved solicitors several times, citing incompetence. I had one more visit from him, when all was said to be going well, but the money laundering regulations were holding thing up. His 'wealth manager' at his bank has been unable to confirm funds and I last had contact a few weeks ago when we arranged for him to come to the house to explain why things were taking so long. Needless to say, he didn't show.

To cap it all, the people who put the initial offer in are now sorted on a different property. Our house is now back on the market, as is the one that we put an offer in on. He's cost me money for solicitors fees and no small amount of heartache. My wife was pretty upset as well (understatement). I've subsequently found out that he's done this to on least three other properties, causing upset, and in at least one case, no small amount of distress. I could tell you of several other 'purchases' he allegedly made; no doubt they are all fabrications as well. I don't think I need to tell you who our dream buyer was.

Dale, if you're reading this, I don't know why you did it, or why you're putting your family through this. Thanks for opening my eyes; I'll no longer trust anyone I don't know. I think you may need help.

Anyone want to buy a nice barn conversion?

Johnnythespider

I've been watching this thread, and others, with a mixture of trepidation and astonishment. You see, I find myself in a similar situation to that of your team.

A long story cut short; we decided to sell our house in September this year. Within a couple of days, we had an acceptable offer, but our estate agent told us that they had booked another viewing, and to hold off on accepting the first offer. The day of the viewing came, and the prospective purchaser arrived with his family and another couple who were close friends. The viewer told me a fantastic tale of how he'd won several million pounds gambling, and was buying a house for his family, one for his parents and another for his best friend, who was viewing with him.

The viewing went well, and an offer was duly received, and accepted, as it was a good bit higher than the first offer (which we would have been happy with anyway...) I questioned the estate agent as to the veracity of his claim to have such a sum of money, and they said that they had to make enquiries to confirm.

Unable to believe our luck at finding the perfect buyer (!), we put an offer in on our dream property, and life was good. Solicitors were instructed (our buyer, the people we were buying from, and our 'purchaser' all shared the same solicitor's office; how easy this transaction will be!) and we sat back to wait for exchange of contracts.

And since then? The estate agents haven't been able to contact the buyer; he's moved solicitors several times, citing incompetence. I had one more visit from him, when all was said to be going well, but the money laundering regulations were holding thing up. His 'wealth manager' at his bank has been unable to confirm funds and I last had contact a few weeks ago when we arranged for him to come to the house to explain why things were taking so long. Needless to say, he didn't show.

To cap it all, the people who put the initial offer in are now sorted on a different property. Our house is now back on the market, as is the one that we put an offer in on. He's cost me money for solicitors fees and no small amount of heartache. My wife was pretty upset as well (understatement). I've subsequently found out that he's done this to on least three other properties, causing upset, and in at least one case, no small amount of distress. I could tell you of several other 'purchases' he allegedly made; no doubt they are all fabrications as well. I don't think I need to tell you who our dream buyer was.

Dale, if you're reading this, I don't know why you did it, or why you're putting your family through this. Thanks for opening my eyes; I'll no longer trust anyone I don't know. I think you may need help.

Wow, if this is for real you have my sympathies. Dale stop being an absolute bellend and give this bloke his solicitors fees back. That's if you can afford it of course.

Nick

Administrator
What...The....

giphy.gif

oucho

OK, thanks for this mate, hope your house gets sold and your family gets your dream home.

Thanks also for revealing what a LOLfest Dale Evans is. Not that i find him screwing you around as funny, it just shows him up as a total, utter muppet.

Skyblueweeman

Dale...if you do read this....FUCK OFF. If the above story is true, that’s a shitting awful thing to do.

Hope you manage to get some of your money back Adetuono.

Nick, time to close any threads relating to that fucking bellend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adge

Where is your barn conversion?

Otis

What I heard all those weeks ago and had been keeping to myself, following my being contacted by someone who said they knew him pretty well, was that his wife and daughter had been hurt very badly in a car accident and were both in hospital.

Only it wasn't true. It was just what he had been going round telling everyone. :(

The person who contacted me told me he was a serial bullshitter, but I since came to the conclusion that he does indeed have some mental health issues.

I find it all very sad.

Last edited:

Adge

Oh right-thought it might be in Warwickshire. That’s a long way from home for Mr Evans to be looking at property.

oucho

The most disturbing thing about that story is how DE is involving his friends and family, getting them to participate in his charades whilst he encourages them to get their hopes up as he wastes their time. What a Walter Mitty character.

Adetuono

Oh right-thought it might be in Warwickshire. That’s a long way from home for Mr Evans to be looking at property.
I understood that he's local. His parents are here, his son goes to a local school and his wife works locally. His contact number, and address which the estate agents had, was also local. They visited it several times when trying to contact him; needless to say, he wasn't home.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
That's what he said to CWR or CT Nick but can you believe what was said ........

Adge

I understood that he's local. His parents are here, his son goes to a local school and his wife works locally. His contact number, and address which the estate agents had, was also local. They visited it several times when trying to contact him; needless to say, he wasn't home.
Oh, thought he was Coventry/Nuneaton.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Using people, let alone the Ccfc fans, like that is unforgivable if true.

Perhaps now cwr and CT will do some proper investigation in to this guy. If he needs medical help I hope he gets it but it is about time the truth was out and this chapter firmly closed

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just wonder if he has done what is claimed whether that amounts to fraud and a criminal offence? It would seem to be in my opinion

Adetuono

Just wonder if he has done what is claimed whether that amounts to fraud and a criminal offence? It would seem to be in my opinion
That's something we'd considered, although he hasn't actually defrauded us of anything (other than time and anguish). Though possibly the estate agent may have a case against him for misrepresentation. But I'm not a lawyer.

Great_Expectations

I actually feel sorry for him and anyone who has given him the time of day and enhanced his crazy lies should be ashamed (CET, Hoffman, Elliot).

He clearly has mental issues and someone needs to take him away from the limelight (definitely off social media) and get him booked in to see a councillor.

Saying all that’s, it’s a shitty thing for him to have done to Adetuno, however the conveyancer should not have let it get that far in the first place.

oucho

That's something we'd considered, although he hasn't actually defrauded us of anything (other than time and anguish). Though possibly the estate agent may have a case against him for misrepresentation. But I'm not a lawyer.

Did he imply what his actual job is i.e. not millionaire poker star?

Captain Dart

I'd like Hoffman to announce that Evans is not part of the consortium trying to buy the club. They have to distance themselves from this fantasist.

Otis

I'd like Hoffman to announce that Evans is not part of the consortium trying to buy the club. They have to distance themselves from this fantasist.
Well, if you were a fantasist, wouldn't you chose something exactly like you HAD won $10m playing online poker to impress people?

Captain Dart

jimmyhillsfanclub

If the fake house buying and car crash injury stories are true.....I reckon dale may need a good hard slap as opposed to help and sympathy.

.....and if Hoffman wants to retain even the slightest bit of credibility he needs to publicly out dale as the bullshitter he is and apologise for being a naive dickhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread