Christmas coming early apparently? / Dale Evans... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
You are right that worse is written by others but I wasn't trying to claim otherwise. Recently other posters have criticized Nick as the site administrator of having a go at them. All i am saying is that, in both the examples i flagged, the final sentences added nothing to his (very valid) points but made him seem needlessly aggro. No point to it, it doesn't come over necessarily as intended and it's a shame overall that SBT can have a lower tone that some other web forums of which I'm a member. You don't see SBT stylee arguing on Football Ground Guide, for example. He shouldn't be surprised if people read comments like those i highlighted and take it the wrong way.
It depends how desperate somebody is to try and twist a comment to make out it was aggressive I guess.

Get back in your cotton wool (that's not being aggressive by the way). How many accounts do you have / need on other web forums?

oucho

It depends how desperate somebody is to try and twist a comment to make out it was aggressive I guess.

Get back in your cotton wool (that's not being aggressive by the way). How many accounts do you have / need on other web forums?
There you go again. That does indeed read aggressively regardless of what you think it sounds like. Why can't you just say "fair enough, you've had your say, don't agree", it seems that you try and whacl people when they disagree with you. For you it's about winning the argument and sneering at people rather than genuinely exchanging opinions in an open and a honest spirit like a web forum ought to be.

Nick

Administrator
There you go again. That does indeed read aggressively regardless of what you think it sounds like. Why can't you just say "fair enough, you've had your say, don't agree", it seems that you try and whacl people when they disagree with you. For you it's about winning the argument and sneering at people rather than genuinely exchanging opinions in an open and a honest spirit like a web forum ought to be.

Honest spirit like needing 3 accounts? Yep, very open and honest there.

I'm pretty sure Nick took it exactly how it was meant, non threatening and non aggressive and a bit of a piss take based on what he has said.

I'd bet money he didn't feel threatened by it, as it clearly wasn't threatening. You are trying your hardest though about aggressiveness, never seen you mention it before when there are actual aggressive posts.

oucho

I'm pretty sure Nick took it exactly how it was meant, non threatening and non aggressive and a bit of a piss take based on what he has said.

I'd bet money he didn't feel threatened by it, as it clearly wasn't threatening. You are trying your hardest though about aggressiveness, never seen you mention it before when there are actual aggressive posts.

Again throwing my opinion back in my face. Just don't be surprised when you get angry reactions to your comments from time to time. YOU might think they sound fine but that's not necessarily how it comes across to other people. Lash out at me all you like, any fool can see I'm trying to make a reasonable point and your belligerent response just makes you look like a bit irate.

Nick

Administrator
Again throwing my opinion back in my face. Just don't be surprised when you get angry reactions to your comments from time to time. YOU might think they sound fine but that's not necessarily how it comes across to other people. Lash out at me all you like, any fool can see I'm trying to make a reasonable point and your belligerent response just makes you look like a bit irate.

No, Im throwing the irony back at you.

It's hardly lashing out, if you are so sensitive I'd suggest backing away from the internet for a little while.

I'd say 99 people out of 100 wouldn't find "have you started early on the beers" aggressive in the slightest.

singers_pore

Talking about yourself in the third person? You’ve started early,

oucho

No, Im throwing the irony back at you.

It's hardly lashing out, if you are so sensitive I'd suggest backing away from the internet for a little while.

I'd say 99 people out of 100 wouldn't find "have you started early on the beers" aggressive in the slightest.

I get that this is your opinion. All i am saying is don't be surprised if people do take take offence as some of your comments seem quite cutting. I've said my piece now though so won't repeat myself further.

I use plenty of web forums and most don't have the narkiness you see on here. I get football is a passionate sport but i would prerfer this site if it was less bitchy. Just my opinion based on observation.

NortonSkyBlue

I get that this is your opinion. All i am saying is don't be surprised if people do take take offence as some of your comments seem quite cutting. I've said my piece now though so won't repeat myself further.

I use plenty of web forums and most don't have the narkiness you see on here. I get football is a passionate sport but i would prerfer this site if it was less bitchy. Just my opinion based on observation.
Happy Christmas Oucho to you and your loved ones....love and peace.

blueflint

with nick its just about sneering winning never comes into it

oucho

He can't see what I mean but I suspect others do. Anyway, in the meantime yet another thread has trundled offtopic, so.....this Dale Evans, what's all that about????

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
He can't see what I mean but I suspect others do. Anyway, in the meantime yet another thread has trundled offtopic, so.....this Dale Evans, what's all that about????
You hope they do..

You can't see what I mean when I point out the irony in what you are saying.

Point out about other forums all you like, doubt you would still be posting on many of them after your third account. Do you?

oucho

You hope they do..

You can't see what I mean when I point out the irony in what you are saying.

Point out about other forums all you like, doubt you would still be posting on many of them after your third account. Do you?

There you go again, bitching back at me rather than acknowledging comments made in a constructive spirit. I give up. Merry Christmas.

Nick

Administrator
There you go again, bitching back at me rather than acknowledging comments made in a constructive spirit. I give up. Merry Christmas.
Pretty sure I acknowledged them and made my own in reply, more irony that you haven't acknowledged them.

Give the delicate flower act a rest, it's Christmas. There might be aggressive bangs from crackers or party poppers.

Adge

Pretty sure I acknowledged them and made my own in reply, more irony that you haven't acknowledged them.

Give the delicate flower act a rest, it's Christmas. There might be aggressive bangs from crackers or party poppers.
Na not my box-got them from Lidl.

Nick

Administrator
According to some I usually do that anyway.
Shouldn't have given joy all your money for expensive tickets and you could have had waitrose. Shame on you ;)

(Insert hug smilie to show not aggressive)

giphy.gif

Last edited:

oucho

Thank you for so eloquently and comically illustrating my point for me.

If you wish to discuss further then I'll buy you a Christmas pint in the Bulls Head, Burslem town centre, tomorrow before the game. Just PM me when you arrive so you know who to ask. Should be there by 2pm. Otherwise, have a good Christmas.

Nick

Administrator
Thank you for so eloquently and comically illustrating my point for me.

If you wish to discuss further then I'll buy you a Christmas pint in the Bulls Head, Burslem town centre, tomorrow before the game. Just PM me when you arrive so you know who to ask. Should be there by 2pm. Otherwise, have a good Christmas.

I am at work so stuck on i Follow but thanks for the offer. Good luck managing in a pub with all of the aggressiveness though!

giphy.gif

PS. While I am just taking the piss for your softness, I genuinely hope if your partner goes there is no actual dickish behaviour again to her!

Otis

I am at work so stuck on i Follow but thanks for the offer. Good luck managing in a pub with all of the aggressiveness though!

giphy.gif

PS. While I am just taking the piss for your softness, I genuinely hope if your partner goes there is no actual dickish behaviour again to her!
I think your offer of a pint has just been rescinded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread