chris Anderson (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

We need our supporters. This is our stadium, where we sing together. That’s what we need that stadium to be. It has to be in Coventry.
Can I reassure supporters what is going to happen? No. But what I intend is this club will play in Coventry.
It’s like when you are looking for a home, it needs to fit your needs and when you have that you have your home.”

shmmeee

Surely that's obvious as a deal for the ground hasn't been announced?

But that's because it's all top secret innit? Stop the council turning up on the site in caravans or something. Very far along. Weeks away. Details soon.

What I know is that there has been on-going work on a new stadium, to identify a site.
The mistake that has been made in the past is making people think it is imminent and ready to go.
That was unrealistic.
We are working hard behind the scenes. ”

SkyBlue_Bear83

[h=3]Can you guarantee we'll be at Ricoh next season?[/h] We need our supporters. This is our stadium, where we sing together. That’s what we need that stadium to be. It has to be in Coventry.
Can I reassure supporters what is going to happen? No. But what I intend is this club will play in Coventry.
It’s like when you are looking for a home, it needs to fit your needs and when you have that you have your home.”

SkyBlue_Bear83

What I know is that there has been on-going work on a new stadium, to identify a site.
The mistake that has been made in the past is making people think it is imminent and ready to go.
That was unrealistic.
We are working hard behind the scenes. ”

torchomatic

SkyBlue_Bear83

[h=3]Any meetings planned with Wasps?[/h]
I will meet them, of course I will.
We’ll have a conversation about the stadium.
They are our partners in this and I’m looking forward to getting to know them.
I need to know who they are and they have to understand our needs and I their needs.
Just understand each side’s interests and that conversation will take part over time and I look forward to that.
There’s nothing that is impossible to overcome.
There are issues we can tackle together.”

torchomatic

I'm not bothered to be honest. Another nice little stadium in Cov would do me. Or I'd be happy to stay if Wasps fucked off.

Not sure which one of my scenarios is least likely!

i want to stay at the ricoh

shmmeee

Still holding out hope for a tight little 20k ground in the city centre. Let's face it half the planned development won't happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

matesx

i want to stay at the Ricoh too

.... as long as the seats stay Sky Blue!

covcity4life

I'm not bothered to be honest. Another nice little stadium in Cov would do me. Or I'd be happy to stay if Wasps fucked off.

Not sure which one of my scenarios is least likely!

a nice lil stadium that might not be as nice as ricoh? views might be restricted? seats might be shtity? location might be a pain? will hinder us if we ever make prem? will take time to build?

nah,im good with ricoh, it will work for us long term if we can get the right sort of deal out of wasps,i hope anderson is the man to do it

torchomatic

Might be as nice as the ricoh. Views might not be restricted. Seats might not be shitty. Location might not be a pain.

To be honest I can't ever see us building one but if I (that's just me talking here) had the choice and it was down to me then I absolutely would have our own stadium. CCFCs. Not Wasps' and not the Councils, but ours.

a nice lil stadium that might not be as nice as ricoh? views might be restricted? seats might be shtity? location might be a pain? will hinder us if we ever make prem? will take time to build?

nah,im good with ricoh, it will work for us long term if we can get the right sort of deal out of wasps,i hope anderson is the man to do it

SkyBlueZack

If it's entirely ours, I'd take restricted views and lack of leg room. Jeez, I'd walk there if it meant not seeing giant insect badges. Ideal scenario is a deal until the bonds are due to be paid back and hopefully there not. Hopefully we would have had change in council personnel too. Then we can have back what is rightfully ours. Not keen on them benefiting from our success. Will we benefit if they are successful? This needs the utmost consideration and plenty of time to think it through. Last thing we want is another unsustainable rent deal

Nick

Administrator
Not sure what this means?

Plenty from Mr Anderson on a new stadium site, then.

Sarcasm I take it? Then they wonder why people point things out when they have stupid digs like that at a bloke in the job a couple of days?

Not a conspiracy, but when you have people saying stuff like that about a bloke just in the job then how does it look?

chiefdave

Well he talks the talk but as ever it will down to what he actually delivers.

i want to stay at the ricoh

i want to stay at the Ricoh too

Why are people so keen on the Ricoh all of a sudden? Before we buggered off to Northampton it used to get slated all the time.

Personally, if the business plan stacks up, I'd much prefer are own stadium in or even very close to Coventry.

Bugsy

What about 32k ....PUSB

Oh hang on.....

covcity4life

Well he talks the talk but as ever it will down to what he actually delivers.

Why are people so keen on the Ricoh all of a sudden? Before we buggered off to Northampton it used to get slated all the time.

Personally, if the business plan stacks up, I'd much prefer are own stadium in or even very close to Coventry.

i have always liked the ricoh and never slagged it off although i agree with you that many did

some might be happy to travel to northampton but many real fans did not want too, coming back home was a big deal and i do not want to move again

lots of IF's in the equation, both positive and negative have been put accross,but id rather not take the gamble if a positive deal can be worked out with wasps that benefits ccfc

saying that is it was confirmed to be in city centre i could get behind it, but beware of our nice little tiny ground being in some shitty location is all i say

skybluetony176

Why 24k not 20k or 22k or any other number around there?

I was thinking 24K would put us in a better place than we were when we left HR for the Ricoh.

It will be a sad day if we've been through all the crap we have been through since leaving HR and the stadium we end up with isn't even better than where we started out from.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I was thinking 24K would put us in a better place than we were when we left HR for the Ricoh.

It will be a sad day if we've been through all the crap we have been through since leaving HR and the stadium we end up with doesn't even better where we started out from.

Depends on what position it leaves the club in stadium wise.

It will be a sad day if we've been through all the crap we have been through since leaving HR and the stadium we end up with doesn't even better where we started out from.

Aye but the houses on Highfield Road have housed lots of Eastern Europeans, so there's one bonus where would they live if we hadn't moved out.........................

torchomatic

Stop with the "real fans" shit.

i have always liked the ricoh and never slagged it off although i agree with you that many did

some might be happy to travel to northampton but many real fans did not want too, coming back home was a big deal and i do not want to move again

lots of IF's in the equation, both positive and negative have been put accross,but id rather not take the gamble if a positive deal can be worked out with wasps that benefits ccfc

saying that is it was confirmed to be in city centre i could get behind it, but beware of our nice little tiny ground being in some shitty location is all i say

Last edited:

oldfiver

saying that is it was confirmed to be in city centre i could get behind it, but beware of our nice little tiny ground being in some shitty location is all i say[/QUOTE]

Downtown Foleshill Gas works your idea of Broadway then?

skybluetony176

Depends on what position it leaves the club in stadium wise.

It would mean that they could gain an extra 4K ticket revenue from select games while in the championship or below and possibly every home game if we ever reach the premier league. It's all about the revenue remember and ticket revenue is without doubt the most important.

chiefdave

It would mean that they could gain an extra 4K ticket revenue from select games while in the championship or below and possibly every home game if we ever reach the premier league. It's all about the revenue remember and ticket revenue is without doubt the most important.

Equally as you move up the leagues the more you are losing from other income streams. If we were in the PL how much more would naming rights for the stadium and stands be worth, how much more would be made in F&B. Would the price of parking go up.

Increased ticket income would be fantastic but as ever all options need to be looked at.

covcity4life

Downtown Foleshill Gas works your idea of Broadway then?[/QUOTE]

prefer it to meriden or something similar yes!

Users who are viewing this thread