chris Anderson (2 Viewers)

Senior Vick from Alicante

Whatever's afoot at CCFC, this appointment speaks volumes; as some have suggested, Andersen's task could simply be to 'prime' the club for sale. It ties in with SISU/Otium's long-term strategy for the club, but how they could even conceive that the club would garner interested buyers is beyond me - even with Andersen's expertise.

Perhaps this is why Waggot left; he knew what the plan was, and knew he had to vacate hastily because a ruthless, grade A businessman was being lined up for his job.

Whatever's afoot, it doesn't smell positive. Fisher is conducting something quite underhanded methinks. For a change.

People will all ways want to buy football clubs, even ones that have been as badly mismanaged as ours. I think SISU would sell but only when the time is right, their not putting money in at the moment so their is no need to get rid. If promotion is attained then it may be a different matter as their self funding model would not be geared correctly for the Championship, crowds alone will not pay the extra wages needed for players of a higher calibre hence the often spouted need to own their own ground. One thing I would say though is if this guy is a number cruncher he may be able to restructure the club in such a way that Championship football is possible with out the need for major investment. Sisu will only stick around as we all no until the legal battle with the Council is concluded, that's when we all need to get squeaky bum time.

rupert_bear

This is a massive appointment especially now. Lets remind ourselves what SISU do they look for investors and then run the investment on there behalf for a fee. Have they found new investors ? different investors ? maybe, maybe not but one thing is certain Steve Waggott was not upto whatever SISU are after, this Chris Anderson is a big appointment for a minnow football club which is what we are at the moment.

SkyblueBazza

Its a good question OSB and naturally I don't have an answer. I can only speak from my own experience. We've been using algorithms in chess for decades now. They're commonly known as chess engines and are spatially aware, if not better then most Humans now.

Here is an example of an engine grunting it out.

[video=youtube;tGX6erOSb2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGX6erOSb2U[/video]

To show what the engine is actually grunting out, the best programme I can show you is Thinking Machine 4. A nice little GUI placed on top of an engine to show its thought processes. This toured some exhibitions and art galleries a few years back.

http://www.bewitched.com/chess.html
http://archive.turbulence.org/spotlight/thinking/index.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqM8zmdaU6o

If he has been brought in to apply the same principles to a soccer pitch then I would say this may be a very progressive move for CCFC.
Football has never been so much fun.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

interesting quote at the end of the soccerissue article

But do you think there will be a stat-geek actually running a club?

Anderson: “I don’t see that happening”.

Sally: “There are too many cultural boundaries”.

Seems not to be the case

Might download the book and see what it is all about though

J

Jack Griffin

interesting quote at the end of the soccerissue article

But do you think there will be a stat-geek actually running a club?

Anderson: “I don’t see that happening”.

Sally: “There are too many cultural boundaries”.

Seems not to be the case

Might download the book and see what it is all about though

Not a short book, lots of numerical analysis results. Probably up your street then :whistle:

The video someone posted earlier is worth a look, the Prof succinctly summarises most of the conclusions he reaches in his book.

Nick

Administrator
Not a short book, lots of numerical analysis results. Probably up your street then :whistle:

The video someone posted earlier is worth a look, the Prof succinctly summarises most of the conclusions he reaches in his book.
Does it make sense to a normal person?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Since I've been on this site I've learnt about the law and accountancy. Well I'm buggeredif I'm getting into this shit from now on just going to go and watch football.

Nick

Administrator
Since I've been on this site I've learnt about the law and accountancy. Well I'm buggeredif I'm getting into this shit from now on just going to go and watch football.

Was hoping somebody would go halves with me on this as well :(

9781409344780.jpg

He's talking to Midlands Today....Fair enough. But now Sky Sports, why would they interview the new MD of a league 1 team? What's going down?

oldfiver

"He’s now talking to Sky Sports on the training pitches.

Shouldn’t be too log now... unless BT sport or someone else emerge from the bushes!"

SkyBlue_Bear83

I’ll explore future at Ricoh Arena.
We are still learning the facts and learning the issues. It’s important to understand we need a home, every club needs a home. Supporters want it and the Football League wants us to have a home.
Everyone wants us to have a home.
Where that will be, I don’t know.”

It needs to be a home we can use in a way that helps the football club. Ruling out a deal at the Ricoh would be silly. If Wasps say come here rent free for 10 years, that would be silly. It’s unlikely they would do that, but there are a lot of shared interests with Wasps. Of course we will talk to them.”

matesx

oh ffs sign a mutually beneficial long term deal and put this new stadium bullshit to bed

torchomatic

There’s a bad history and nobody can make that go away. It was in trouble before rgw current owners. Look at what we do, not what people tell you in the *pub. We have a great manager, great technical director, a squad that’s terrific that our finances allow.
We are winning games, we’re one point off promotion places.
Embrace that, forget the rest.

*or on forums.

shmmeee

Should be clear while I'm being a sceptical fucker that I do like this guy and if anyone can sort out our basket case of a club it's someone like him.

Users who are viewing this thread