chris Anderson (2 Viewers)

wingy

Interesting idea. So what happens if he comes in and decides Wasps business model is bonkers. Do we bugger off to Northampton again and wait for them to go tits up?

If it all goes wrong we know who to blame!

Doubt It Dave that would kill everything dead that TM persuaded Seppala to abandon.
I reckon he'd know how to strike a good deal though,realistically he will know and so will they the benefits of us staying
Be mental for them both to grandstand when they both know they're dependant on one another.

H

Huckerby

[h=3]Experience[/h][h=4]Managing Partner[/h][h=5]Anderson | Sally[/h]2011 – Present (4 years)London, United KingdomStrategic consulting and sports analytics. Connecting science, sport, and strategy.

[h=5] [/h][h=4]Professor[/h][h=5]Cornell University[/h]2006 – 2014 (8 years)

[h=5] [/h][h=4]Visiting Professor & Senior Research Fellow[/h][h=5]Oxford University[/h]2005 – 2006 (1 year)

[h=5] [/h][h=4]Visiting Professor of Management and Strategy[/h][h=5]Northwestern University[/h]1996 – 1997 (1 year)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Is it possible Waggott left and Anderson appointed on Mowbray and Venus say so?

Technical Director Mark Venus added: “Chris and I have had a number of very productive meetings already.

Looks like he was lined up before Waggott had even stepped out the door from that quote.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Lads look at it this way i think this win win for us from what people have found so far looks like he could do some really good stuff for the club all we can do is wait see what happens really.

donald_trumps

This is a hugely exciting appointment and clearly demonstrates the direction the club is now travelling. We are on the up boys!

torchomatic

What's his ridiculous nickname going to be?

I'm pissed that SISU can't even hire someone with an amusing name or one that's easy to change into an amusing name. Bastards.

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

I'm not sure about the guy or his methods but then for me football is about passion and the heart not numbers and the wallet. And yes I appreciate that today stats and economics are vital. This guy seems to want to look at things a little differently from your avg CEO. So what I would say is that when Jimmy hill took over as manager and later when he came back as chairman CCFC developed a reputation for innovation both on and off the pitch. Perhaps it didn't always work but it raised the profile of the club and laid the foundations for the most/only truly successful period in the clubs history.
So today I'm happy with this appointment and I just hope he picks up and adds to the success TM is having on the pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

He+s+the+same+guy+that+played+agent+smith+in+quot+the+_fae6aedc2aead261e9125c8c177ee5db.jpg

torchomatic

shmmeee

I'm pissed that SISU can't even hire someone with an amusing name or one that's easy to change into an amusing name. Bastards.

Piss Anderson
Chris Handshandyson
Chris Andertwat

Something like that.

torchomatic

skybluetony176

He's clearly come's with a lot of qualifications. I've not had a chance to look at him in any great detail yet, just a skim read or this thread but what actual hands on experience does he have in running a football club?

donald_trumps

BTW what the hell is going on with SISU - this last 18 months they seem to be appointing some great people - I am finding it hard to hate them with as much passion as I did. This really goes against the grain!

torchomatic

Careful lad. Careless talk and all that.

BTW what the hell is going on with SISU - this last 18 months they seem to be appointing some great people - I am finding it hard to hate them with as much passion as I did. This really goes against the grain!

donald_trumps

I tell you what if Fisher left and they replaced him with someone of Anderson's ilk then I would be quite happy with the SISU setup <<wow did I just really say that>>

chiefdave

Is Fisher actually involved in anything these days? He got shunted off to work on his imaginary ground, is that all he's doing. If it is I hope we aren't paying him!

skybluetony176

"Anderson Sally partners with clients to help them acquire and manage sports properties. We help our partners determine the right valuation for football clubs and club assets. Once acquired, we help our partners manage them by making better decisions, translating those decisions into actions, and delivering the success they desire. We help connect the dots between sport, strategy, and performance. We are passionate about achieving better results for our clients – results that are uniquely tailored, pragmatic, and have lasting impact."

Sounds to me like he's someone with the right attributes to get the club ready to sell.

Godiva

Is Fisher actually involved in anything these days? He got shunted off to work on his imaginary ground, is that all he's doing. If it is I hope we aren't paying him!

Waggot was clearly axed and the only person who can hire/fire a CEO is the chairman.

rd45

Seems likely that Waggott was introduced to his replacement.

This new chap looks proper though. Should get some sense out of Wasps now, if that's his first task.

Hobo

Got to say, this sort of economics always comes across as snake oil to me.

SNAkE OIL by Steve Earle

Ladies and gentlemen, attention please
Come in close so everyone can see
I got a tale to tell
A listen don't cost a dime
And if you believe that we're gonna get along just fine
Now I've been travelin' all around
I heard trouble's come to your town
Well I've got a little somethin'
Guaranteed to ease your mind
It's call Snake Oil y'all
It's been around for a long, long time

Say, your crops'll burn if it don't rain soon
Ain't seen a drop since the tenth of June
Well I can open up the sky
People never fear
If you ain't impressed yet, just tell me what you wanna hear

Well you lost your farm so you moved to town
You get a job, they shut the factory down
Now you sit around all day long feelin' sad and blue
You need Snake Oil y'all, tell you what I'm gonna do......!
Sounds about right Shmmeee

Hobo

Has he shown people how it is done and then written a book on how he did it?

Or has he written a book, then formed a company and has yet to achieve Jack shit?

i.e is he more Tony Mowbrey or is he more Steven Pressley? Time will tell I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread