Championship Club Membership - 1st Sept (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator

For Adult supporters buying a Championship Club Membership along with a Season Ticket, the price will be £260.

Championship Club Members will all receive a limited-edition replica shirt which will include the name of EVERY Championship Club Member on it!

This exclusive and high-value item will be a one-off, not available to purchase anywhere, and will be worn by Coventry City for one home league game during the 2020/21 season.

Other benefits will include free access to iFollow for any behind-closed-doors home league games.

The number of Championship Club Members will be capped at 3,500 – this is in line with the expected capacity limits of the Kop Stand and Tilton Road Stand when fans are hopefully able to return to stadiums.

shmmeee

Maybe I’ve spent too long reading between the lines of press releases, but is that £250+ST cost?

BornSlippySkyBlue

Maybe I’ve spent too long reading between the lines of press releases, but is that £250+ST cost?
£260 including the ST

“ For Adult supporters buying a Championship Club Membership along with a Season Ticket, the price will be £260.

This comprises £210 for the Championship Club Adult Membership, with the Season Ticket element being valued at £50 – with the option of a £13 discount on this for fans who also had a 2019/20 Season Tickets (due to the Bury game cancellation).“

shmmeee

£260 including the ST

“ For Adult supporters buying a Championship Club Membership along with a Season Ticket, the price will be £260.

This comprises £210 for the Championship Club Adult Membership, with the Season Ticket element being valued at £50 – with the option of a £13 discount on this for fans who also had a 2019/20 Season Tickets (due to the Bury game cancellation).“

Are we sure?

“Access to buy a ST” 🧐

lord_garrincha

Basically the ST is at a minimal cost should we not get back into the stadium this year and the max refund is £50.

I'm assuming the 3.5k cap is based on last year's ST numbers... Anyone know the exact number.

Tommo1993

So it’s a sort of race then. There’s no guarantee you’ll end up with a ST. Or I’ve got it wrong.

djr8369

I’d go for that but as I didn’t have a season ticket last season I doubt I will be able to with the limited numbers.

chiefdave

This is explained in the article. Its not being sold as a season ticket because card companies won't process the payments. They're worried about chargebacks for games BCD. So you get this instead, if games are BCD you get ifollow, if supporters are allowed you have a season ticket.

skyblu3sk

Looks like it is designed to stop the ticket sellers getting worried about refunds. Of the majority is for the membership the maximum they could be taken for is £50 a ST

Sky Blue Harry H

So it’s a sort of race then. There’s no guarantee you’ll end up with a ST. Or I’ve got it wrong.

They are selling 3,500 of them (capped). There are enough to cater for all last season's ST holders. It will be a race of sorts. Good value, unless you have multiple ST holders from one household (as the ifollow aspect is negated in terms of value for money!) i suspect some may drop out for that reason, so others will still be able to access the membership deal who weren't previously ST holders, is my guess.

RegTheDonk

50 for the season ticket part says to me they aren't expecting fans in anytime soon
Guess they are trying to cover themselves if that's the case, but if pubs can open with social distancing, I'd expect there will be pressure on to open sports venues asap. £250 seems a fair price to be in a pretty exclusive club shold it happen - and you get to see the game at home if they have to stay BCD.

Would think if we got averages in L1 of around 7K, these will be snapped up for a Champ outfit.

Sky Blue Pete

Potentially nothing for u13. Family groups and all that. Makes sense of the 3500 initial figures

Sell out it would be £900k for the club. Handy

shmmeee

They definitely need to do more of these packages for other eventualities: Fans Abroad Package (iFollow+ basically) ST Lottery Package (in case more are allowed in), Supporters Package (basically just an excuse to give the club money), etc

I wonder if part of the EFL deal is iFollow money goes to the home club so they can’t sell away match passes. I wonder if attendances are capped if they’ll keep games on iFollow anyway as I’d expect most games to sell out.

Alkhen

50 for the season ticket part says to me they aren't expecting fans in anytime soon

I don't think anyone knows, to me it reads like they are just covering their arses *if* there are no games to attend.

The £210 gets you the fancy shirt, an Ifollow account the chance to buy a season ticket @ £50. Pretty clever as if behind closed doors does drag on they would only have to refund the £50.

Bit of a gamble but its a fair deal I recon

Phoenix5555

Championship Club Memberships and Season Tickets will be strictly non refundable for any games played behind closed doors

There will be no refunds on any part of the package.

Users who are viewing this thread