Championship 22-23 (7 Viewers)

Yank

slowpoke

I don’t think the current teams in play-off spots will be the ones there in the final table, imo we need to beat Blackpool Saturday and Blackburn when we play them, do that 9 games to go I reckon four more wins we will be close.

Londonccfcfan

I don’t think the current teams in play-off spots will be the ones there in the final table, imo we need to beat Blackpool Saturday and Blackburn when we play them, do that 9 games to go I reckon four more wins we will be close.
Just finish level on points with blackburn and our goal difference. 6 pointer at their place.

Millwall's luck will run out sooner or later too.

We just got to take care of our results need to win a couple of games back to back to stay within striking distance.

covcity4life

4 wins would have us on 66pts. Not enough

We need 6-7 wins

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

4 more wins will be nowhere near, can you honestly see Blackburn and millwall only winning 2 more games?

We need to get around 75 points to run it close. Looking at 7 wins out of 9

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I did say we need to win Saturday and beat Blackburn plus 4 more wins that’s six wins, 18points
I misunderstood. Apologies - still that only leaves us 72 points. Which would only have gotten us into the play offs 3 times in the last 11 seasons. And even then only just once since 13/14.
Fully expect Blackburn and Millwall to exceed 72 points easily

Robinshio

I think 73 points gets us there
we are 2 points behind 7th, so only need 1 of luton/ blackburn/ millwall to drop off

Blackburn play Millwall on the last day
so after 45 games we need to be within 2 points of the lowest possible of those teams

This effectively means we have to make up only 4 points in the next 8 games

Unfortunately I expect us to finish around 66/67 points

Robinshio

I misunderstood. Apologies - still that only leaves us 72 points. Which would only have gotten us into the play offs 3 times in the last 11 seasons. And even then only just once since 13/14.
Fully expect Blackburn and Millwall to exceed 72 points easily
thats statistics for you - Leeds in 2017 were the last team to get more than 73 points and not make the play offs

robbiethemole

Sheffield Utd trying to avoid admin before Thursday, still getting parachute payments, where has all that gone?
Waiting to be taken over by a Nigerian prince ( we’ve all heard that one before) it’s looking like 12 points deduction may well be on its way.
Couldn’t happen to a better club.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Sheffield Utd trying to avoid admin before Thursday, still getting parachute payments, where has all that gone?
Waiting to be taken over by a Nigerian prince ( we’ve all heard that one before) it’s looking like 12 points deduction may well be on its way.
That would position them 6th on 58 points meaning they could fail to get promoted after all the arrogance earlier in the season I find it funny

Terry_dactyl

How has that happened? Owner stopped investing? Players still on Prem wages?

Brighton Sky Blue

Will probably get away with it, sneak promotion and avoid any punishment.

Didn’t someone on here say they were the league’s 5th most sustainable club?

slowpoke

How has that happened? Owner stopped investing? Players still on Prem wages?
Probably a mixture of both their owner wants out so not likely to be putting money in. They aren’t the only club in a mess I’ve read Huddersfield and Reading are wobbling too.

Terry_dactyl

Probably a mixture of both their owner wants out so not likely to be putting money in. They aren’t the only club in a mess I’ve read Huddersfield and Reading are wobbling too.
Yeah, I think I’ve heard the same. Precarious old business. Cardiff not doing too well either.

Terry_dactyl

The Blades owner is a member of the same family as the Newcastle owner ( Crown Prince) and has been told he can’t own them in the Prem.
So many dodgy things going on, they need a proper,deep investigation into clubs ownership, to expose all the shite.
That’s interesting. Got to be a lot of questions around that…not least How would he pass their ‘fit and proper’ tests (whatever they might be), if he can’t own them in the top league?

Johhny Blue

[QUOTE="Robinshio, post: 2714166, member: 18682
Unfortunately I expect us to finish around 66/67 points
[/QUOTE]

I hope not. We only got 59 points in 66/67

TomRad85

Oh this would be delicious. One of my most disliked football clubs.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Oh this would be delicious. One of my most disliked football clubs.

I don't mind them generally but had a read of their forum after we'd played there, lots of them wishing us to be made homeless again and go bust, so I would piss myself if this happened. One post on there mentioned us "still going on about 1987", the last trophy they won was in 1925

shepardo01

Where'd you get Thursday from out of interest?
Re the money.... look at their squad.... those players don't play for peanuts!!

A few clubs take a gamble on going straight back up... West Brom will be in big trouble if they don't go up this season....

TomRad85

I don't mind them generally but had a read of their forum after we'd played there, lots of them wishing us to be made homeless again and go bust, so I would piss myself if this happened. One post on there mentioned us "still going on about 1987", the last trophy they won was in 1925
Bit of a poundshop Leeds Utd, shithouse style of play, shithouse fans.

Colin Steins Smile

The Blades owner is a member of the same family as the Newcastle owner ( Crown Prince) and has been told he can’t own them in the Prem.
So many dodgy things going on, they need a proper,deep investigation into clubs ownership, to expose all the shite.
There are over 2000 members of the house of saud. I’m not sure that this Prince has enough disposable cash to keep funding the club.
Newcastle is a totally different situation as it’s funded by a sovereign wealth fund and given the Aramco profits recently announced…. They have lots of cash available

robbiethemole

Where'd you get Thursday from out of interest?
Re the money.... look at their squad.... those players don't play for peanuts!!

A few clubs take a gamble on going straight back up... West Brom will be in big trouble if they don't go up this season....
EFL deadline date, if they go before,12 points this season, if after, held over to next season.

Users who are viewing this thread