Championship 21/22 (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Bournemouth have lost at home to Preston 1-2

Travs

I don't think that's a red card, in "today's game" or otherwise.

Yellow at worst.

They don't have the benefit of VAR (for whatever that might be worth), but a yellow would be correct imo.

What pisses me off is when people commit deliberate fouls just to break up play.... blatantly tripping someone up or scything them down on a counter attack in the final 5mins etc... commentators love to call it a "good foul for the team"..... bollocks... its a professional foul and should be dealt with as such, straight red. It's cheating pure and simple.

At least the tackle above, as ugly-looking as it was, seemed a vague attempt at actually getting the ball.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yellow at worst.

They don't have the benefit of VAR (for whatever that might be worth), but a yellow would be correct imo.

What pisses me off is when people commit deliberate fouls just to break up play.... blatantly tripping someone up or scything them down on a counter attack in the final 5mins etc... commentators love to call it a "good foul for the team"..... bollocks... its a professional foul and should be dealt with as such, straight red. It's cheating pure and simple.

At least the tackle above, as ugly-looking as it was, seemed a vague attempt at actually getting the ball.

I agree about the cynical, deliberate fouls but that tackle was unbelievably dangerous. it was at head height and he conciously goes for it with his foot rather than his head because he knew their player was there and feared clashing heads. So he knows how potentially dangerous it is if he gets it wrong and catches the player. It had to be a red.

Londonccfcfan

I agree about the cynical, deliberate fouls but that tackle was unbelievably dangerous. it was at head height and he conciously goes for it with his foot rather than his head because he knew their player was there and feared clashing heads. So he knows how potentially dangerous it is if he gets it wrong and catches the player. It had to be a red.

Even if it wasnt dangerous. There is an arguement hes the last man. Possibly sent off anyway.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

and baggies

Yellow at worst.

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Disagree. The game is football you should always be able to go for the ball with your feet.

Travs

You can't actually be serious?

100%

I'm not really interested in getting into a protracted argument about it.... i have no doubt that i'm in the minority... it's just my feelings on the subject.

I feel (perhaps wrongly) that late or high tackles are overly punished, whereas people deliberately fouling are relatively leniently dealt with, as one is seen as "dangerous" and the other is seen as "professional" or "game management".

Frostie

100%

I'm not really interested in getting into a protracted argument about it.... i have no doubt that i'm in the minority... it's just my feelings on the subject.

I feel (perhaps wrongly) that late or high tackles are overly punished, whereas people deliberately fouling are relatively leniently dealt with, as one is seen as "dangerous" and the other is seen as "professional" or "game management".

I see where you are coming from re: intentional, professional fouls etc but that's a separate argument.
This is all about protecting players from potentially serious injury, which a challenge like that certainly risks, hence serious foul play & always a red card.

Terry_dactyl

I’m not sure it’s that’s bad a foul in terms of actual contact…however, as someone’s pointed out, looks like he’s last man as well.

Sky Blue Harry H

Interestingly, about the cynical foul, the referee in The Liverppol v Atletico Madrid - after letting several Madrid players foul Mane, unpunished, sent one off for a cynical trip from behind as Mane was breaking away i\deep n his own half. I agreed with the decision, but it was odd based on his previous officiating, where he sided against Mane, almost without exception.

Fergusons_Beard

Interestingly, about the cynical foul, the referee in The Liverppol v Atletico Madrid - after letting several Madrid players foul Mane, unpunished, sent one off for a cynical trip from behind as Mane was breaking away i\deep n his own half. I agreed with the decision, but it was odd based on his previous officiating, where he sided against Mane, almost without exception.

Last night almost the Same as Curtis Davies on O’Hare in Derby match.

Only yellow in championship but really should have been a red. No intention of getting ball just stopping player. Cynical fouls should be reds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread