CCFC Supports Rainbow Laces - Why? (1 Viewer)

mr_monkey

On religious grounds .
His words were anyone who refuses is scum.
I had a heart attack two days after my first jab. I refuse to have another and in Mr M's eyes I'm scum.
I call that discrimination

Anyone can understand why you would have worries about having the 2nd jab after what happened to you but you can't prove that it wasn't just a massive coincidence that you had it just after the jab

I stand by the fact that unless there is a legitimate medical reason why you can't have the vaccine then if you personally choose not to have it then you are indeed selfish misinformed scum

And please don't attempt to call discrimination on it as you are just making yourself look silly (again) and bringing things into a thread that have no valid reason to be in there

clint van damme

In my lifetime we have gone from the hidden to the open gay lifestyles in plain sight and I can understand some being uncomfortable with the evolution as it has happened.
I have a son who I could see was gay from early on, it was not one thing but many indicators that were noticeable pre puberty, non of which were sexual. His “choice” was to embrace what he is and for his family to provide a base that allowed him to be himself.
Do I wish that he was a straight man? I have never had that thought because it is what he is. Choices he has made are because who he is, he never had a choice about who he is Just a much as he never had the choice to be mixed race. He is what he is and I embrace the fine man he has become.

I have to ask, was he in Saudi with you when he/you realised he was gay and how did work out if so?

mr_monkey

Great post.

My nephew spent the years of ages 8 - 18 incredibly depressed, introverted and isolated. It got very dark at one point with signs of self harm and some very concerning letters he wrote to himself that were found by his parents. Medication and counselling etc. did nothing for him.

He came out to his parents last year and is like a different person now. Full of joy and flying in life.

I won’t profess to know or understand the intricacies of his mind but even to the layman it’s clear there was a link between him being to frightened to be himself until last year and his mental health issues. The idea that someone would “choose” to go through that is at best naive and at worst insulting.

Thanks for making me blub into my coffee 😂

Torquay Sky Blue

Anyone can understand why you would have worries about having the 2nd jab after what happened to you but you can't prove that it wasn't just a massive coincidence that you had it just after the jab

I stand by the fact that unless there is a legitimate medical reason why you can't have the vaccine then if you personally choose not to have it then you are indeed selfish misinformed scum

And please don't attempt to call discrimination on it as you are just making yourself look silly (again) and bringing things into a thread that have no valid reason to be in there
Forgive me but I'll listen to my cardiologist rather than you on this one. You just carry on calling people scum. Whether it be on religious grounds or medical.
For a man who's been discriminated against in your life I find your choice of words alarming

rob9872

People choose to wear fake tan, they don’t choose who they love. Hope this helps.
In fairness they do.
Who you're attracted to or want to fuck is a whole different aspect to love :)

duffer

So....the OPs question as to why has been well & truly answered, very eloquently by some......

so I think the only thing to add is that the laces look great on the modern boot...fab. u. lous.

I can live with the laces, that's for a good cause, but boots should be black, properly polished, and the makers logo should be understated.

Six studs per boot, or moulded, never blades.

Laces need to be on top of the boots, never on the side, and never tucked in, and there are extra form points if they're wrapped underneath the middle of the foot before tying.

I hope that this clarifies the correct etiquette. 🙂

Jamesimus

If we get rainbow laces and then don't score for like 5 games in a row, I may reconsider my stance on everything I currently believe in.

rob9872

I can live with the laces, that's for a good cause, but boots should be black, properly polished, and the makers logo should be understated.

Laces need to be on top of the boots, never on the side, and never tucked in, and there are extra form points if they're wrapped underneath the middle of the foot before tying.

I'm ok with fancy dans who create or score, they can wear different colours, but your strapping 6ft4 centre half with a face that's fallen from the ugly tree should never be allowed anywhere near red or green boots.

Sick Boy

You forgot metal studs.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Correct on all fronts duffer...... If only the laces were wrapped under these....then it would be perfection.

1638444775641.png

lifeskyblue

I haven’t got a problem with the campaign as such but it appears pretty pointless to me unless accompanied by more action.
Whilst the Taking the Knee campaign before games is effective in that all players who participate can be easily observed by the crowd, have altered the way games kick off (albeit only by seconds) and is more often than not met by applause from large sections of the crowd.
I and most the crowd won’t have a clue if one, all or none of players wear rainbow laces. Presumably other action/events planned in and around ground to highlight the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duffer

I'm ok with fancy dans who create or score, they can wear different colours, but your strapping 6ft4 centre half with a face that's fallen from the ugly tree should never be allowed anywhere near red or green boots.

I could live with that if we bring in some kind of regulation:

Goals per season (excluding set piece headers):

0-5: You're in black, mate.

6-10: Dark blue, dark olive, brown.

10-15: Subdued red or orange

15-20: Yellow, white, purple.

20+: Hi Viktor, dayglo pink again?

😁

David O'Day

I imagine this question would normally be asked in Off Topics but the club tweeted it would be supporting the Rainbow Laces campaign this weekend. Not wishing to be facetious but I am genuinely trying to understand a simple question….

WHY?

While I appreciate that societies 'norm' from my generation is shifting at an alarming rate, I do not understand why the club is providing awareness to a tiny and perhaps growing fraction of our fanbase. If the Rainbow Laces wing of the LGBT+ community want to practice their sexual/gender choices, then go for it. What I am struggling with is why their choices are being held up as the new 'norm' that should be accepted by those who may not share in their choices?

I totally get the club making a stance by supporting issues that are a result of no choice at all like the colour of your skin, your country of birth, vicious diseases etc but not somebody else’s sexual/gender choices.

I wonder how we would all feel at election time if the club got behind the Conservative Party with blue armbands, laces and corner flags? Most would see this as plain daft and divisive to rip apart the fan base to support a political choice.

I am quite happy to be educated here especially from those who support the Rainbow Laces campaign. However, if the only reasoned remarks to my question are you're a homophobe or a bigot and general name calling then I will simply dismiss the comment with the contempt it deserves.

When travelling hundreds of miles home and away, I do this to support Coventry City Football Club and I am not concerned about anybody’s sexual/gender preference when jumping up and down when we’ve scored or when we’re all singing together getting behind the team.

Just interested in the rationale behind it all, and if the goal is to encourage society to accept their choices, then what about the choices of the vast majority? - Most of which would just remain silent as not to get ‘called out’.

No fault of the club but I would prefer this Saturday’s game to be all about John Sillet, 3 points a nothing else.

Should the club be involved with these kinds of campaigns?

Piss off back to the 50s mate

Paxman II

Yeah they should be, it’s a collective campaign. We’re one of the top 46 clubs in the country that get a wide exposure to not just this country but every other country in the world.

The club do it because in this day and age, people should have to hide who they are. It’s accepted as norm because you had the likes of Justin Fashanu take his own life. I don’t agree with hounding players to come out, but there are allegedly a number of gay premier league players who are frightened to be found out as to who they are.

it’s CCFCs and Footballs attempt at showing them that their Life is accepted.

the game would have been chosen in advance and appears to be a football-wide thing, they couldn’t really predict John Sillett’s death.

Why are there footballers afraid to 'come out' as it's being quoted here as the norm and it's 2021. If any footballer came out I don't think anyone would be bothered either way would they?

napolimp

If anything this thread shows the campaign is effective and worthwhile.

People are talking openly about LGBT+ issues, if the campaign didn't exist the Op would have sat at home, with his stone age opinions, rather than be educated by people on the board.

mr_monkey

Why are there footballers afraid to 'come out' as it's being quoted here as the norm and it's 2021. If any footballer came out I don't think anyone would be bothered either way would they?

You only have to see the state of the comments on the posts on social media about this to see why no one would unfortunately

AOM

I think they would still get abuse or comments from some fans at matches or social media
Leeds say homophobic chant 'unacceptable'

We unfortunately still have a massive amount of progress to make on this subject imo, and not just in football

AOM

Agree overall but don’t see how that chant is homophobic at all. Whorephobic maybe.

Ahh, there was no mention of the actual chant in the article so didn't know the specifics of what was said.
I'm sure there are many other examples around the country though. Probably even from our own fans

shmmeee

Ahh, there was no mention of the actual chant in the article so didn't know the specifics of what was said.
I'm sure there are many other examples around the country though. Probably even from our own fans

It was singing “Chelsea rent boy” at a Palace loan player (on loan from Chelsea)

Users who are viewing this thread