CCFC Supports Rainbow Laces - Why? (3 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Tbf you haven't answered any of the questions posed to you, just slagged off other people for their views
Which questions are they ? I'm happy to answer any but then again there seems to be a vocal minority who send out signals of all things accepting other than anyone who doesn't agree. Then you're a fucking c**t.
In which case what's the point ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Idiots like you make me angry. It’s not as if you’re thick as fuck either, which is even more annoying as you truly believe the uneducated shite you say
Absolute quality yet again. You need anger management my friend.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I do change the channel when Rylan is on to be fair
He's an irritating idiot. "Buy a qualieeee used car from Cinch" .
No thanks

napolimp

You can have an opinion opposed the original poster. My opinion is also the polar opposite. It is how it is challenged that I have an objection with. It is my opinion that they should be called out for being incorrect with evidence and we'll thought out debate, not just a blanket "that's so offensive" as many have done.

Why is it offensive? To be offensive it needs to be directly offensive to that person, you can't just claim offence on behalf of a community, that is cultural appropriation by any other name. Just as a white man styling dreadlocks is offensive to those of the Rasatfarian religion. No harm is meant I am sure, but do not presume to know what it actually means to the person in that religion - or someone in the gay community in this instance.

You can have a whole range of human emotions to the original posters opinion. And of course it should be challenged. But unless you fall into the demographic he is aiming his opinion towards, to say you are "offended" is insincere.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Classic digging the proverbial "hole"

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You can have an opinion opposed the original poster. My opinion is also the polar opposite. It is how it is challenged that I have an objection with. It is my opinion that they should be called out for being incorrect with evidence and we'll thought out debate, not just a blanket "that's so offensive" as many have done.

Why is it offensive? To be offensive it needs to be directly offensive to that person, you can't just claim offence on behalf of a community, that is cultural appropriation by any other name. Just as a white man styling dreadlocks is offensive to those of the Rasatfarian religion. No harm is meant I am sure, but do not presume to know what it actually means to the person in that religion - or someone in the gay community in this instance.

You can have a whole range of human emotions to the original posters opinion. And of course it should be challenged. But unless you fall into the demographic he is aiming his opinion towards, to say you are "offended" is insincere.

Absolutely top post.

djr8369

As discussed widely above plenty of people made good points and provided evidence but you keep coming back to this idea that anyone disagreeing is just complaining that they are offended, which isn’t true.

Why is it “insincere” to feel offended? When people say “offended” they’re using it as shorthand for a range of thoughts and emotions. You’re arguing on semantics to distract from a good cause.

I’ll tell you what’s insincere, the OP in their original post, comparing this campaign to the club supporting the conservatives before an election.

Otis

Reading this thread has been a heart-warming experience, and a real eye opener for me.
Virtually all posters have been supportive of 'rainbow laces', and even a few posters who i fundamentally disagree with on many sky blue issues, have surprised me greatly, and shown themselves to be thoroughly decent and kind human beings.

There was talk earlier in the thread, about the fact that there are so few out gay (male) footballers at the top level.
There certainly are gay football pros out there, and they clearly still feel they cannot be open about their sexuality YET....hence schemes like rainbow laces, whilst not 'solving' the problem, hopefully show these closeted pros, that people will support them, if and when they feel brave enough to come out....small steps, but a very worthwhile cause.

I've read posts from riyadhskyblue on this thread, and was damn proud of him and his unwavering love for his daughter...well said my friend (y)

I've also read the posts of mr_monkey, who i only found out was gay today when reading this thread (not that it should matter on a forum)
He was was brave enough to mention his sexuality on a public forum (big kudos) and spoke so eloquently about his husband, and much loved daughter...really really heart-warming.

And it got me thinking, how come there's only 1 person on SBT who is open about his (or her) sexuality ?
Surely there are more ?
And indeed there are...me for example...a gay man in a LTR of 11 years, and very happy thank you.
I hadn't felt the need (or felt brave enough) before, but reading this thread has shown me there are lots of good and kind people on here, so mr_monkey, you're no longer on your own buddy :)

EDIT...apologies for the long post...it just started flowing lol...TLDR if you want
You are not gay, you are danceswithhorses.

You are still the same person you were before you decided to post this.

😎

shmmeee

Just to be clear. I am saying that children brought up within a STABLE, LOVING and CARING mother and father environment is the best for that child. Any other arrangement will always be second best to that but that does not mean a child cannot be bought up well by single parents, adopted parents, grandparents or even a village community. It seems some posters are just determined to look for the negative. Again, many on this thread talk inclusion and diversity for all but only on their terms. If my opinion challenges that then it has to be accepted as an alternative view. You do not have to agree.

No. You’ve made a statement of fact about what produces the best outcomes for children. It is something that can be (and has been) tested and found incorrect.

This isn’t like “cherry coke is better than normal coke”.

duffer

But I assume that’s because he’s fairly talentless and not to do with his sexuality

I honestly had no idea he was gay, or indeed where he came from (I'm thinking reality TV rather than Mars, both seem equally possible).

But blimey, he's irritating. And I'm scared having his teeth on screen for more than ten seconds will give me sunburn. 🙂

Otis

I honestly had no idea he was gay, or indeed where he came from (I'm thinking reality TV rather than Mars, both seem equally possible).

But blimey, he's irritating. And I'm scared having his teeth on screen for more than ten seconds will give me sunburn. 🙂
Yeah, he's annoying isn't he.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Crawl back under your racist, homophobic rock you cretin
Is that it ? Show me the evidence I'm a racist. Show me the evidence I'm homophobic .
You can't. You're as thick as pig shit. A one trick pony who just shouts at anyone who disagrees with him. So there. Have some handbag , tosser.

Greggs

People saying being gay isn't a choice or a decision......what about those hillbillies on Tiger King that 'went gay' for a few extra rocks on their crack pipe!? What about if you're 'bisexual', is that a choice?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

People saying being gay isn't a choice or a decision......what about those hillbillies on Tiger King that 'went gay' for a few extra rocks on their crack pipe!? What about if you're 'bisexual', is that a choice?
I would have thought being lesbian/ gay / bisexual is no different to being heterosexual in terms of it's not "choice" so much as it's part of your natural development as a human being. I don't know anyone who is gay who said it was a "choice" as such but other people may know differently.

Skybluefaz

I'd say they were never really gay in the same way that Elton John wasn't straight when he had a wife if you get what I mean? Just desperate people trying to make some money or in Reg Dwight's case, conform.

Otis

I'd say they were never really gay in the same way that Elton John wasn't straight when he had a wife if you get what I mean? Just desperate people trying to make some money or in Reg Dwight's case, conform.
Same way as Michael Jackson wasn't really human, but pretended to be?

Tommo1993

Well that was a weird read. Half expecting him to kick off about the away kits thing on Boxing Day, when he calls homelessness a lifestyle choice.

letsallsingtogether

One of my best mates is gay so is my nephew and a niece, I dont treat them any differently to anyone else.
Went to my nephews wedding this year what a cracking time we had.

I work with a lad whose father has been married 3 times and has 6 children his current partner is Male.
He said he always knew he was gay but being a miner couldnt show it so just went for the conventional way of life at that time, how times have changed people need to change to.

Btw I cant stand ryland ether just has no talent, give me Grayham Norton anyday.

PUSB.

mmttww

Statistically, don't most Man, Woman, Child(s) arrangements result in divorce and / or alcohol-fuelled misery?

JAM See

Statistically, don't most Man, Woman, Child(s) arrangements result in divorce and / or alcohol-fuelled misery?
I'm pissed, you're obviously pissed too.

What the fuck has your post got to do with the topic?

Just asking.

mmttww

I'm pissed, you're obviously pissed too.

What the fuck has your post got to do with the topic?

Just asking.

Thread starter is stating explicitly that anything other than Man, Woman, Children (his definition of the Nuclear Family) is "second best".

I'm challenging that, as statistically a huge proportion of those families end up being dissolved. Empirically, his argument is on shaky ground.

Macca

The idea of sexuality being a choice always seemed off. Can only imagine someone reading the 100th story that year about a gay couple being battered because they were just there and thinking 'that's the life for me'

I often think “ what I need is a great big cock”

usually when I look in the bathroom mirror

Users who are viewing this thread