CCFC Supports Rainbow Laces - Why? (1 Viewer)

Disgruntled Sky Blue

I imagine this question would normally be asked in Off Topics but the club tweeted it would be supporting the Rainbow Laces campaign this weekend. Not wishing to be facetious but I am genuinely trying to understand a simple question….

WHY?

While I appreciate that societies 'norm' from my generation is shifting at an alarming rate, I do not understand why the club is providing awareness to a tiny and perhaps growing fraction of our fanbase. If the Rainbow Laces wing of the LGBT+ community want to practice their sexual/gender choices, then go for it. What I am struggling with is why their choices are being held up as the new 'norm' that should be accepted by those who may not share in their choices?

I totally get the club making a stance by supporting issues that are a result of no choice at all like the colour of your skin, your country of birth, vicious diseases etc but not somebody else’s sexual/gender choices.

I wonder how we would all feel at election time if the club got behind the Conservative Party with blue armbands, laces and corner flags? Most would see this as plain daft and divisive to rip apart the fan base to support a political choice.

I am quite happy to be educated here especially from those who support the Rainbow Laces campaign. However, if the only reasoned remarks to my question are you're a homophobe or a bigot and general name calling then I will simply dismiss the comment with the contempt it deserves.

When travelling hundreds of miles home and away, I do this to support Coventry City Football Club and I am not concerned about anybody’s sexual/gender preference when jumping up and down when we’ve scored or when we’re all singing together getting behind the team.

Just interested in the rationale behind it all, and if the goal is to encourage society to accept their choices, then what about the choices of the vast majority? - Most of which would just remain silent as not to get ‘called out’.

No fault of the club but I would prefer this Saturday’s game to be all about John Sillet, 3 points a nothing else.

Should the club be involved with these kinds of campaigns?

Bugsy

not sure what to say other than, sport and generally anything in life is for all aspects of life.

we need to encourage it in any way shape or form. everyone is included.....PUSB

ajl

If it's not a choice, what is it then?
Dude its 2021 ffs, educate yourself before posting something like this

You dont choose to be attracted to females as much as a homosexual chooses to be attracted to the same sex, its not a, its who they are

I really hope you are saying all this just to be a troll and controversial and you dont actually think this

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

hill83

I’m sure he’ll take it on board that he’s completely misunderstood the entire gay community by thinking it’s a lifestyle choice. Apologise and that will be the end of it. And also he’ll request the thread is deleted as it makes us all look like twats.

clint van damme

I’m sure he’ll take it on board that he’s completely misunderstood the entire gay community by thinking it’s a lifestyle choice. Apologise and that will be the end of it. And also he’ll request the thread is deleted as it makes us all look twats.

You've not posted fora bit mate, welcome back.

Disgruntled Sky Blue

Haha! He’s on the fuckin wind up!

No wind up mate! I guess it all hinges on whether you believe someone's sexuality preference is a choice or not and whether you think everyone should accept it if it is.

Like I said in my OP, I'm just looking to guage a reasoned response.

shmmeee

No wind up mate! I guess it all hinges on whether you believe someone's sexuality preference is a choice or not and whether you think everyone should accept it if it is.

What does it matter to you who someone loves?

Sick Boy

Of course it’s not a fucking choice, it’s no different to someone being born with brown eyes.

SkyBlueSoul

6a70b5d8169e5b4840748a8b55270193.jpg

kg82

It’s about as much of a lifestyle choice as going bald or impotent.

andrew.roberts

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion on this as they rightfully do on many other issues.
In Spain we are being bombarded in the media by LGB&T issues along with the seemingly never ending rallies for their rights and in the midst of all this, despite a greater and necessary acceptance, I believe that a sense of proportion has been lost.
I am all in with the BLM movement as well and taking the knee before games is a wonderful way of demonstrating approval for an extremely important issue but aren't there other equally deserving causes such as child abuse and domestic violence leading to femicide ?

Enviado desde mi SM-A202F mediante Tapatalk

shmmeee

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion on this as they rightfully do on many other issues.
In Spain we are being bombarded in the media by LGB&T issues along with the seemingly never ending rallies for their rights and in the midst of all this, despite a greater and necessary acceptance, I believe that a sense of proportion has been lost.
I am all in with the BLM movement as well and taking the knee before games is a wonderful way of demonstrating approval for an extremely important issue but aren't there other equally deserving causes such as child abuse and domestic violence leading to femicide ?

Enviado desde mi SM-A202F mediante Tapatalk

Humans famously only possible of caring about one thing at a time.

Warthog

Loving the outrage at this post yet nothing when this post was made towards me:

Grendel

If he is then he should be banned permanently, dont mind someone being on the windup when its not offensive, but this post is clearly very homophobic and is very offensive

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

It’s not been said in an offensive way and in a free society opinions should be allowed

Fergusons_Beard

Only have to hear the homophobic chants directed at Conor Gallagher at Leeds the other night to realise why we have the rainbow laces campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Warthog

Only have to hear the homophobic chants directed at Conor Gallagher at Leeds the other night to realise why we have the rainbow laces campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was probably @Bugsy he’ll be along in a minute to defend Leeds and their use of homophobic slurs.

The OP has asked a question and alluded to his opinion. He hasn’t been offensive yet he gets shot down.

When homophobic slurs are used on here, nothing is said and when it’s pointed out regular posters jump to their defence.

Forum is very hypocritical. One poster above says this post makes us look like twats yet we all know his posting history!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I imagine this question would normally be asked in Off Topics but the club tweeted it would be supporting the Rainbow Laces campaign this weekend. Not wishing to be facetious but I am genuinely trying to understand a simple question….

WHY?

While I appreciate that societies 'norm' from my generation is shifting at an alarming rate, I do not understand why the club is providing awareness to a tiny and perhaps growing fraction of our fanbase. If the Rainbow Laces wing of the LGBT+ community want to practice their sexual/gender choices, then go for it. What I am struggling with is why their choices are being held up as the new 'norm' that should be accepted by those who may not share in their choices?

I totally get the club making a stance by supporting issues that are a result of no choice at all like the colour of your skin, your country of birth, vicious diseases etc but not somebody else’s sexual/gender choices.

I wonder how we would all feel at election time if the club got behind the Conservative Party with blue armbands, laces and corner flags? Most would see this as plain daft and divisive to rip apart the fan base to support a political choice.

I am quite happy to be educated here especially from those who support the Rainbow Laces campaign. However, if the only reasoned remarks to my question are you're a homophobe or a bigot and general name calling then I will simply dismiss the comment with the contempt it deserves.

When travelling hundreds of miles home and away, I do this to support Coventry City Football Club and I am not concerned about anybody’s sexual/gender preference when jumping up and down when we’ve scored or when we’re all singing together getting behind the team.

Just interested in the rationale behind it all, and if the goal is to encourage society to accept their choices, then what about the choices of the vast majority? - Most of which would just remain silent as not to get ‘called out’.

No fault of the club but I would prefer this Saturday’s game to be all about John Sillet, 3 points a nothing else.

Should the club be involved with these kinds of campaigns?
Yeah they should be, it’s a collective campaign. We’re one of the top 46 clubs in the country that get a wide exposure to not just this country but every other country in the world.

The club do it because in this day and age, people should have to hide who they are. It’s accepted as norm because you had the likes of Justin Fashanu take his own life. I don’t agree with hounding players to come out, but there are allegedly a number of gay premier league players who are frightened to be found out as to who they are.

it’s CCFCs and Footballs attempt at showing them that their Life is accepted.

the game would have been chosen in advance and appears to be a football-wide thing, they couldn’t really predict John Sillett’s death.

Users who are viewing this thread