CBS issues (2 Viewers)

GIMOC

If I was sisu/Boddy. I would have been on wasps back every week throughout the summer chasing info on the pitch, wanting updates especially if we were informed that the pitch will not be relaid and if the EFL blocked the request to play first 3 games away. Instead boddy stated first he knew the pitch was bad was after the CWG. Why wait a week before the season to check the pitch? The excuse he wasn’t allowed in is childish imo.

clearly wasps can’t afford the pitch to be relaid so if sisu had the best intentions of the club they would front the money. 500k is not mega money to sisu but no instead they are playing games once again which entail is impacting us to which we don’t know where will be playing in the foreseeable.

as for 2014. Sisu have not invested into the club for years (accounts show that) sisu know full well the sooner wasps go the potential of the club owning the ground or at least as share is greater which means they can sell up and make a profit.

Nick

Administrator
If I was sisu/Boddy. I would have been on wasps back every week throughout the summer chasing info on the pitch, wanting updates especially if we were informed that the pitch will not be relaid and if the EFL blocked the request to play first 3 games away. Instead boddy stated first he knew the pitch was bad was after the CWG. Why wait a week before the season to check the pitch? The excuse he wasn’t allowed in is childish imo.

clearly wasps can’t afford the pitch to be relaid so if sisu had the best intentions of the club they would front the money. 500k is not mega money to sisu but no instead they are playing games once again which entail is impacting us to which we don’t know where will be playing in the foreseeable.

as for 2014. Sisu have not invested into the club for years (accounts show that) sisu know full well the sooner wasps go the potential of the club owning the ground or at least as share is greater which means they can sell up and make a profit.

Do you want to try again with facts?

You are being too fucking obvious with this account. Fuck off.

Sky Blue Pete

Did people miss my comment?
For whatever reason we have arrived at this point.
I’m sure wasps accept it’s their responsibility to have a playable pitch
Hopeful of some resolution today

Last edited:

shmmeee

What happened to the 5 million they were given by the local enterprise partnership for stadium improvements ?
looks like the main and most important thing the stadium has didnt see any of that money not to mention the money received from the CWG

That was for the big ugly greenhouse looking thing they added wasn’t it?

Grendel

No, it was 60 odd.

That is also presuming Wasps would be OK with us just rocking up with pitch companies and carrying out work on the pitch.

If Wasps die, it doesn't mean we do. Quit with the scare mongering and tell your mate Maton to grow a fucking backbone as the mayor and do something ;)

It was 14 minute matches not full matches

No one would be able to do a thing if receivers are appointed as everything would go through them and the indicators are red flags everywhere for Wasps - its a big issue that no one seems to consider

shmmeee

Why aren't the people who brought them here being so aggressive to them like they have the football club? Why the silence?

If they refuse then they are breaking the rental agreement, aren't they?

That’s the rub, are they? Or did we come back just with some wooly notion of “cooperation and a resolve to improve”? Because at the minute from the noises from the club it seems we’ve got no recourse at all other than during for loss of earnings.

Nick

Administrator
It was 14 minute matches not full matches

No one would be able to do a thing if receivers are appointed as everything would go through them and the indicators are red flags everywhere for Wasps - its a big issue that no one seems to consider

So it was matches then? As I said.

If Wasps go bust, it doesn't mean CCFC do.

Stop with the scaremongering bullshit.

Nick

Administrator
That’s the rub, are they? Or did we come back just with some wooly notion of “cooperation and a resolve to improve”? Because at the minute from the noises from the club it seems we’ve got no recourse at all other than during for loss of earnings.

So Wasps aren't obliged to provide a safe pitch when renting a football ground? Good one.

shmmeee

So Wasps aren't obliged to provide a safe pitch when renting a football ground? Good one.

I don’t know? I’d fucking hope that’s in the contract, but if it were surely it would be as simple as saying it’s a clear breach of terms instead of all this nonsense.

D

Deleted member 2477

The company who installed the retractable two pitch system at Spurs have offered to install the same system at the CBS.
they have provided photos of the two proposed pitches suitable for the relevant sports that will be state of the art

Attachments

• 15B8968A-1C70-4F14-A0C1-F27336CC4441.jpeg
    15B8968A-1C70-4F14-A0C1-F27336CC4441.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 49
  • ED7096E4-4C3B-4498-B48E-2AFD4DCFC223.jpeg
    ED7096E4-4C3B-4498-B48E-2AFD4DCFC223.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 48

Nick

Administrator
I don’t know? I’d fucking hope that’s in the contract, but if it were surely it would be as simple as saying it’s a clear breach of terms instead of all this nonsense.

Yeah, it has been said...

People are too busy trying to come up with random scenarios where CCFC pay 500k for a pitch just before it's rented out for concerts and CWG so it isn't wasps fault.

Liquid Gold

And when they claim poverty and refuse?
Force admin, buy the place and get rid of them.

They will never be suitable landlords, we need to control our own fate.

We pay for a pitch now and they fuck it up again what do we do, pay for another one? It doesn't end until they go.

Grendel

So it was matches then? As I said.

If Wasps go bust, it doesn't mean CCFC do.

Stop with the scaremongering bullshit.

If Wasps go bust perhaps you would like to explain how when a receiver takes it over any repairs to a pitch would take place - who would authorise it and who would pay for it?

We would have to put everything through a receiver.

Nick

Administrator
If Wasps go bust perhaps you would like to explain how when a receiver takes it over any repairs to a pitch would take place - who would authorise it and who would pay for it?

We would have to put everything through a receiver.

Can you explain how that means we are bust and we wouldn't just groundshare?

Sky Blue Pete

People are too busy trying to come up with random scenarios where CCFC pay 500k for a pitch just before it's rented out for concerts and CWG so it isn't wasps fault.
Most are saying if it can’t be sorted we should sort it and argue over it once we have some cash flow. As I said I’m sure wasps know it’s their responsibility

Grendel

Force admin, buy the place and get rid of them.

They will never be suitable landlords, we need to control our own fate.

We pay for a pitch now and they fuck it up again what do we do, pay for another one? It doesn't end until they go.

Not how admin works I am afraid

shmmeee

“people” just want to watch some fucking football in Coventry and not have Sisu Rent Strike 3: This Time It’s Agricultural instead.

Grendel

Can you explain how that means we are bust and we wouldn't just groundshare?

My point is the pitch is not playable - if a receiver is appointed who is making it playable while a very lengthy legal process then takes place? I have no idea if we pay for the policing, refreshment staff etc or Wasps do - if its the latter and a receiver is appointed how is that working

These are procedural and legal complexities that won't just go away and the pitch is the biggest issue - if they went under this week who pays for it?

shmmeee

Exactly. People talking tough about sending Wasps into admin or whatever are proposing another season out of Cov essentially.

Nick

Administrator
“people” just want to watch some fucking football in Coventry and not have Sisu Rent Strike 3: This Time It’s Agricultural instead.

It isn't a rent strike though, is it?

Shame over the years people have been so obsessed with getting one over on "SISU" by punching the fuck out of CCFC they can't see how much damage it actually causes.

While people like the Council and Trust were flaunting their fancy new missus about to try and make their ex jealous, they now look like cunts as the ex has had a boob job and lost some weight and the new missus has been hit in the face with a spade and has stopped putting out.

Nick

Administrator
My point is the pitch is not playable - if a receiver is appointed who is making it playable while a very lengthy legal process then takes place? I have no idea if we pay for the policing, refreshment staff etc or Wasps do - if its the latter and a receiver is appointed how is that working

These are procedural and legal complexities that won't just go away and the pitch is the biggest issue - if they went under this week who pays for it?

So if we pay £500K for a new pitch now and they go under....?

Liquid Gold

Exactly. People talking tough about sending Wasps into admin or whatever are proposing another season out of Cov essentially.
people proposing we pay for a pitch are proposing that we spend out hard earned propping up Wasps' failed model only for it to recur season after season.

I'd genuinely take 1 final season away if it meant returning as owners.

Wasps have to go now, this has to be the end of it. They cannot provide a football stadium for us to play in. They need to go.

shmmeee

That fucking drama isn't going to end until we stop being forced into unworkable situations.

Wasps need to go, any energy not directed at them is wasted.

Just like Sisu needed to go years ago. Just like the council needed to go. Aren’t you sick of tilting at windmills? Over a decade of this nonsense now and it’s been a drag on the best management team of my lifetime.

Sure in a perfect world Wasps go pop, we get a carpet to play on for free, and CCC are replaced with (insert favourite political idea here). But in the mean time can we just say no more fucking off 100 miles away for home games? It’s not a lot is it?

Nick

Administrator
Just like Sisu needed to go years ago. Just like the council needed to go. Aren’t you sick of tilting at windmills? Over a decade of this nonsense now and it’s been a drag on the best management team of my lifetime.

Sure in a perfect world Wasps go pop, we get a carpet to play on for free, and CCC are replaced with (insert favourite political idea here). But in the mean time can we just say no more fucking off 100 miles away for home games? It’s not a lot is it?

So Wasps need to provide a pitch that is deemed safe by EFL experts.

It's as simple as that.

Still, it pains some people to say "It's Wasps fault" without there being a "but".

Grendel

So if we pay £500K for a new pitch now and they go under....?

We are sub tenants and will be bringing income in so we will be protected to play there - even then though it would not be that straightforward

Richardson is also far from stupid and will not just surrender the Head Lease so this really is a developing potential crises if they are going to topple now

Users who are viewing this thread