CBS issues (8 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Just like Sisu needed to go years ago. Just like the council needed to go. Aren’t you sick of tilting at windmills? Over a decade of this nonsense now and it’s been a drag on the best management team of my lifetime.

Sure in a perfect world Wasps go pop, we get a carpet to play on for free, and CCC are replaced with (insert favourite political idea here). But in the mean time can we just say no more fucking off 100 miles away for home games? It’s not a lot is it?
We can't continue to pay rent to someone for a stadium that isn't suitable for football.

As we don't own it it isn't our responsibility to maintain.

The only situation I'd be happy with us paying for a pitch would be if we got revenue from any events happening on it and were able to refuse use of it to anything that isn't contracted.

shmmeee

So Wasps need to provide a pitch that is deemed safe by EFL experts.

It's as simple as that.

Still, it pains some people to say "It's Wasps fault" without there being a "but".

Great, no one is disagreeing with you, they’re just saying in reality outside of pissing and moaning there’s not a lot that can be done short of moving ground and paying for a short term fix.

Nick

Administrator
We are sub tenants and will be bringing income in so we will be protected to play there - even then though it would not be that straightforward

Richardson is also far from stupid and will not just surrender the Head Lease so this really is a developing potential crises if they are going to topple now

So we aren't sub tenants anyway? Same for the shop / ticket office.

So again, what happens if we throw £500k at the pitch for Wasps and they go pop? It will still be their pitch so would still be under control of them and the administrator.

Nick

Administrator
Great, no one is disagreeing with you, they’re just saying in reality outside of pissing and moaning there’s not a lot that can be done short of moving ground and paying for a short term fix.

Well they are, it looks as if the spin trying to be pushed is that CCFC should just pay up for the pitch and shut up.

Liquid Gold

And the money for this is coming from where?

It's been said we needed to make a sale this summer anyway. Hamer isn't attracting interest and O'Hare is injured.

Would you sell Gyokeres to pay for a pitch? We'd be relegation candidates in an instant.

Nick

Administrator

It's been said we needed to make a sale this summer anyway. Hamer isn't attracting interest and O'Hare is injured.

Would you sell Gyokeres to pay for a pitch? We'd be relegation candidates in an instant.

"Yeah but SISU can pay"

Has one person said "Richardson should pay?"

shmmeee

You’re advocating a ground move that would cost upwards of £2m, where’s the money for that coming from?

Grendel

So we aren't sub tenants anyway? Same for the shop / ticket office.

So again, what happens if we throw £500k at the pitch for Wasps and they go pop? It will still be their pitch so would still be under control of them and the administrator.

If they go under it wouldn't be their pitch - the administrator will only look at future ougoings - and frankly you are started to sound like The Judgement of Solomon

There is no evidence a new pitch is needed but a repair for now anyway so the figure is a lot less.

You still have not said to me what happens if no one is paying - what do the football club do?

shmmeee

"Yeah but SISU can pay"

Has one person said "Richardson should pay?"

How do we make him pay Nick? If we haven’t put clauses covering this in and can’t come to an agreement you’re talking years in court before you see any money, if you ever do.

Grendel

If we have to sell him it is not to repair the pitch but we are about to have 3 games with zero cash coming in

CCFCSteve

If Wasps go bust perhaps you would like to explain how when a receiver takes it over any repairs to a pitch would take place - who would authorise it and who would pay for it?

We would have to put everything through a receiver.

They would probably have to weigh up the pros and cons of sorting the pitch. Pro’s keep tenant, rental income and activity around stadium. Cons - cost. Next question will be how would they pay for it as they will have limited income

As has been mentioned before, ultimately this all comes down to whether there is a legal obligation for Wasps (and therefore a administrator if one is appointed) to provide a playable pitch under the lease and if so, is there a potential legal action against Wasps for not delivering a playable pitch. This could end up being significant

Messy though for an administrator/ receiver. My gut feel is we might have to pay for pitch and knock it off future rent and/or be repaid when stadium gets sold. How we do that 🤷‍♂️

Nick

Administrator
If they go under it wouldn't be their pitch - the administrator will only look at future ougoings - and frankly you are started to sound like The Judgement of Solomon

There is no evidence a new pitch is needed but a repair for now anyway so the figure is a lot less.

You still have not said to me what happens if no one is paying - what do the football club do?

Yes and it wouldn't be our pitch either, would it?

I have said, they would have to play on a pitch that is deemed safe.

You are chatting shit because of your obsession with Boddy and that Maton has been round for tea, it's a bit embarrassing really.

Liquid Gold

And you’d sell him to pay for the Blues rebuild 🤷🏻‍♂️

Difference is after paying for a pitch we’d have enough left for a replacement.
So out of this the only resolution is that we sell our prized asset and not the contract is enforced to provide what we've paid for.

City have to pay for Wasps' pitch or City have to move.

The pressure should be on Wasps, or their owners to provide a suitable service.

As we've just discovered the alternatives are disastrous for the club.

Nick

Administrator
They would probably have to weigh up the pros and cons of sorting the pitch. Pro’s keep tenant, rental income and activity around stadium. Cons - cost. Next question will be how would they pay for it as they will have limited income

As has been mentioned before, ultimately this all comes down to whether there is a legal obligation for Wasps (and therefore a administrator if one is appointed) to provide a playable pitch under the lease and if so, is there a potential legal action against Wasps for not delivering a playable pitch. This could end up being significant

Messy though for an administrator/ receiver. My gut feel is we might have to pay for pitch and knock it off future rent and/or be repaid when stadium gets sold. How we do that 🤷‍♂️

A legal obligation for a safe pitch?

Tommo1993

So it’s sell Gyokeres to fix a pitch that isn’t ours, and yes, will be excessively worn and torn by another sport.

OR

Sell Gyokeres to fund more expensive rental agreements elsewhere?

We really can’t afford to put off games while waiting for them to go pop. Like I said, us on here are losing this badly.

fatso

Pay for it themselves then sue Wasps for the cost and loss of revenue etc.

Hopefully finishing then off for good.

shmmeee

I don’t see any way out of it that isn’t cutting off our nose to spite out face. We’ve put ourselves in a situation where we’re under the thumb of a rugby club that’s skint and couldn’t give a fuck about us. We’re clearly not building a new ground. Until we do or Wasps go pop (only one of which is in our hands), all we can do is pay for a pitch to be ruined by a bunch of fat lads chasing an egg.

Sky Blue Pete

How do we make him pay Nick? If we haven’t put clauses covering this in and can’t come to an agreement you’re talking years in court before you see any money, if you ever do.
We ask him
We pressurise him and wasps to do what should have been done
That’s it really
Any legal redress needs to be a last resort

Nick

Administrator

Clauses for what? To have a safe pitch to play on?

You can already see it being spun that SISU should just pay up.

shmmeee

So out of this the only resolution is that we sell our prized asset and not the contract is enforced to provide what we've paid for.

City have to pay for Wasps' pitch or City have to move.

The pressure should be on Wasps, or their owners to provide a suitable service.

As we've just discovered the alternatives are disastrous for the club.

If there is a contract and it’s clear enough for a resolution to be sorted then I’d have hoped that would already be in place. The fact we’re at hostile press release, bring in the Mayor, and “strange accounts” stage already suggests there is no such clear resolution.

Liquid Gold

I don’t see any way out of it that isn’t cutting off our nose to spite out face. We’ve put ourselves in a situation where we’re under the thumb of a rugby club that’s skint and couldn’t give a fuck about us. We’re clearly not building a new ground. Until we do or Wasps go pop (only one of which is in our hands), all we can do is pay for a pitch to be ruined by a bunch of fat lads chasing an egg.
You spoke earlier about being annoyed that the enjoyment of having the best management team in a generation, and probably both of our lifetimes, is tempered by off the field shit.

Do you genuinely think they will stick around if their playing budget and personal is gutted to pay for something we don't own and have no responsibility to maintain?

shmmeee

Clauses for what? To have a safe pitch to play on?

You can already see it being spun that SISU should just pay up.

Ultimately yes. I’m not a commercial property lawyer (though I play one on SBT), so I have no idea if this is covered. As I said before as a layman you’d fucking hope so, but if that were the case why hasn’t it been resolved?

Senior Vick from Alicante

Wasps are a separate company from the bond holder company which own the stadium. If we had the money to pay for a lay and play the administrator would surely have to let us play as would a new owner as any prospective purchaser would see us a sitting tenant. Wasps would be the ones with the problem as they would not have an agreement to play in the ground unless they have also signed a lease.

shmmeee

You spoke earlier about being annoyed that the enjoyment of having the best management team in a generation, and probably both of our lifetimes, is tempered by off the field shit.

Do you genuinely think they will stick around if their playing budget and personal is gutted to pay for something we don't own and have no responsibility to maintain?

No, that’s one reason why I supported a new ground. My whole issue with Sisus strategy since Joy came in is it’s putting our future in others hands. Everything is someone else’s fault and all we can do is moan in the press and have a badly attended protest.

Buy the ground, build the ground, win the ground in court, get a ridiculously good long term rental deal, I don’t give a fuck, just stop us being in this position again.

fatso

We ask him
We pressurise him and wasps to do what should have been done
That’s it really
Any legal redress needs to be a last resort
Aren't we allready at last resort?

Tbh, I think the pitch will be patched up and made playable (if not perfect) that will buy all sides some time, but there's still a legal matter regarding compensation.
I'm sure Wasps received money from the CWG, some of that should now go to CCFC. if there's no money available, then we should seek to push them into administration as far as I'm concerned.

Nick

Administrator
Ultimately yes. I’m not a commercial property lawyer (though I play one on SBT), so I have no idea if this is covered. As I said before as a layman you’d fucking hope so, but if that were the case why hasn’t it been resolved?

Because Wasps and CCC etc will just make out it's SISU's fault as per usual and not bother.

stupot07

Lots of brand new posters commenting on this thread. And all or them are pushing the line that the football club should pay for the new pitch Anyone would think they have an agenda. Always the same when there's anything negative towards wasps

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Because Wasps and CCC etc will just make out it's SISU's fault as per usual and not bother.

At the risk of repeating myself: that’s why you have clear clauses in the tenancy agreement. It’s hardly as issue that’s appeared out of nowhere. There have always been issues with it, the CWG was known about when we signed terms. It should be as simple as something saying “If Wasps don’t ensure pitch is to a reasonable standard, X happens”.

fatso

No, that’s one reason why I supported a new ground. My whole issue with Sisus strategy since Joy came in is it’s putting our future in others hands. Everything is someone else’s fault and all we can do is moan in the press and have a badly attended protest.

Buy the ground, build the ground, win the ground in court, get a ridiculously good long term rental deal, I don’t give a fuck, just stop us being in this position again.
But this is SISU's best chance for years of coming out of this with a long term solution.
We just need a little more patience and Wasps will hand everything to SISU on a bright shiny silver plate.

Users who are viewing this thread